NOTE: I am posting this here instead of the recomendation thread because nobody actually provides proper support in that thread - it is only people asking questions.
Hi - I am a proud owner of Audio Technica ATH-M50 headphones, and I love them mainly because of the durability, fit, and versatility (both physically and audibly) of them. HOWEVER...
I am looking to upgrade from them now, I want something fresh, but a noticeable step up. The main points I need filled are:
- Durability. They need to be at least as strong as the semi-metal/plastic build of the M50's.
- Looks. It can't be ridicu-ugly, but it doesn't need to win awards either. Something that looks good/sleek is nice.
- Overall Versatility. I listen to my music anywhere from on the bus, to at home, to in a library - good noise blocking and sound leakage is a must.
WILLING TO SPEND $400 TOTAL (Amp... etc. Included)
To help, I will list a few of the songs of each genre I listen to - so please help me out! I generally listen to them all, but the more examples I have for a genre, the more I listen to that music. (aka: 3>2>1 in order of importance) Thanks in advance!
(PS: I know that my songs may not fit your likes, but please try giving me an objective statement!)
- "Disappearance of Hatsune Miku (Moonbug Remix)" - Hatsune Miku Dance Remix Vol.1 by Various Artists
- "Prometheus" - Portal 2 Songs by 2-Byte
- "Albino (Masahiko Kubota feat. Novoiski remix)" - Hatsune Miku Dance Remix Vol.1 by Various Artists
Rock/Rock & Roll
- "Escape (Lightning Guitar Ver.)" - Escape by Hemenway
- "Hourglass" - Light Lag by DECO*27
- "Battle for Everyone's Souls" - PERSONA MUSIC LIVE BAND by Tomoko Komiya
- "My Dearest" - My Dearest by Supercell
- "I'll Face Myself -Battle-" - Never More -Reincarnation PERSONA4- by Shoji Meguro
- "βios" - GUILTY CROWN ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK by Hiroyuki Sawano
- "Valkyria Chronicles 3 Main Theme" - Valkyria Chronicles Piano Pieces by Casey Ormond
- "Kaoru & Sentaro Duo in BUNKASAI (Medley My Favorite Things~Itsuka Oujisama ga~Moanin)" - KIDS ON THE SLOPE Original Soundtrack by Yoko Kanno
If the best recommendation for me is to get an amp with my purchase, then I'll do that - but please include the price of amp in the total! It will also need to be a portable amp, if any!
Thank you in advance for your help, Head-Fi!
Edited by BRSxIgnition - 6/14/12 at 9:39am