I have a pair of beyerdynamics T-70 (250 Ohm) and was thinking of getting a Marantz CD6004 CD player. Would the Marantz be able to drive these? I also have a Fiio E17 DAC/AMP. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Related Forum Threads
- Which of these headphones are the best for me... Last post on 1/13/13 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed cans for under 700$ Last post on 10/29/12 at 4:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- head phone recommendation Last post on 10/9/12 at 12:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a wonderful little tube amplifier for the price. I paid only $59 for the amp and it was in perfect condition with a new Electro-Harmonix 6922 tube. The tube itself runs about $15, so the...
INTRODUCTION Altone250 U.S. Tour Being an Altone200 fan, I was quite excited to hear that T-PEOS was updating their IEM lineup with a new Altone series based on feedback received from the H300...
Intro (Kind of) The Westone W30 is one of several IEMs in Westone's newly revamped universal IEM collection, intended as a removable-cable replacement to the older W3. For those of you who are...
I picked these beautiful-looking babies on amazon few days ago when price dropped on amazon (used ones from amazon warehouse for $400), which was a bargain; compared to $300 price tag on HD650's....
I began to search for a shorter cable for my HD600 just because the stock cable is to long for using with a portable device. I didn't want to spend to much under $100. I did the standard Amazon and...
Marantz CD6004 and Beyerdynamic T-70
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 86/13/12 at 9:11ampost #3 of 86/13/12 at 9:35amThread Starterpost #4 of 86/13/12 at 10:22am
I looked into this a while back with an Onkyo CD player, the C-7030. The problem I ran into was the Onkyo headphone out was a very high impedance (somewhere around 300 ohms, based off the schematics). This resulted in quite a bit of variation in the sound levels of lower impedance headphones. My IEMS sounded like they had been dunked underwater, along with other headphones I tried, although not to the same extent.
I bought a Fiio E5 to use strictly as an impedance fix, which resolved my problem. The Fiio amps tend to have very low output impedance of 10 ohms or less.
Any output impedance under 25 ohm output should be fine with 250 ohm headphones. Once you get the Marantz, try the headphone output with and without the Fiio. If your music sounds noticeably better, it's likely due to the Marantz having a high output impedance. If there's little to no variation, you're probably fine.
Or you could always contact Marantz and ask - I couldn't find the spec with some casual Googling.post #5 of 86/13/12 at 12:12pmThread Starterpost #6 of 86/13/12 at 12:26pm
I have a CD6004. It's a great CD player - but to be honest I'm not enthusiastic about its headphone out. I've tried it once with the Senn HD600, and the result was... well, meh. Bloated bass, congested soundstage - the usual signs of an underamped HD600/650.
In any case, I'd recommend some sort of external headphone amp. Your Fiio should do fine.post #7 of 88/31/13 at 5:02am
- Marantz CD6004 and Beyerdynamic T-70
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 42 seconds ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Cleaning up the sound of STAX phones with SORBOTHANE: LAMBDAS,... 4 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 5 minutes ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 7 minutes ago
- › DAC / pre < $100 with optical input? 7 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by sarora
- › T-Peos Altone250 by nmatheis
- › Westone W30 Triple Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones,... by C.C.S.
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by KopaZ
- › Tennmak Sennheiser HD600/650 Short Cable by bikerboy94
- › Original Xiaomi Piston III Youth Edition Earphone Earbuds Headset... by leoscarax
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2