I have a pair of beyerdynamics T-70 (250 Ohm) and was thinking of getting a Marantz CD6004 CD player. Would the Marantz be able to drive these? I also have a Fiio E17 DAC/AMP. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Related Forum Threads
- Which of these headphones are the best for me... Last post on 1/13/13 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed cans for under 700$ Last post on 10/29/12 at 4:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- head phone recommendation Last post on 10/9/12 at 12:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
This is my second actual IEM purchase, and I have to say, I'm very surprised. These have a more enjoyable and pleasurable listening experience compared to the Shure SE425, which sounded dry and...
My priority when i am buying a audio gear is value for money and Fidue A73 comes in the insane value category,although it is still early to tell if it's the best inear at the price because i...
Marantz CD6004 and Beyerdynamic T-70
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 86/13/12 at 9:11ampost #3 of 86/13/12 at 9:35amThread Starterpost #4 of 86/13/12 at 10:22am
I looked into this a while back with an Onkyo CD player, the C-7030. The problem I ran into was the Onkyo headphone out was a very high impedance (somewhere around 300 ohms, based off the schematics). This resulted in quite a bit of variation in the sound levels of lower impedance headphones. My IEMS sounded like they had been dunked underwater, along with other headphones I tried, although not to the same extent.
I bought a Fiio E5 to use strictly as an impedance fix, which resolved my problem. The Fiio amps tend to have very low output impedance of 10 ohms or less.
Any output impedance under 25 ohm output should be fine with 250 ohm headphones. Once you get the Marantz, try the headphone output with and without the Fiio. If your music sounds noticeably better, it's likely due to the Marantz having a high output impedance. If there's little to no variation, you're probably fine.
Or you could always contact Marantz and ask - I couldn't find the spec with some casual Googling.post #5 of 86/13/12 at 12:12pmThread Starterpost #6 of 86/13/12 at 12:26pm
I have a CD6004. It's a great CD player - but to be honest I'm not enthusiastic about its headphone out. I've tried it once with the Senn HD600, and the result was... well, meh. Bloated bass, congested soundstage - the usual signs of an underamped HD600/650.
In any case, I'd recommend some sort of external headphone amp. Your Fiio should do fine.post #7 of 88/31/13 at 5:02am
- Marantz CD6004 and Beyerdynamic T-70
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 28 seconds ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 1 minute ago
- › FiiO at the 2015 Hong Kong High-End Audio Visual Show 1 minute ago
- › SpinFit Eartips Thread - The cheapest audio upgrade 2 minutes ago
- › Classical Contemporary Music Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › best DAC under $1500? 6 minutes ago
- › Looking for some good $30-35 IEMs 7 minutes ago
- › Hifiman EF-5 headphone amplifier mods and rolls 8 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by Sentinei
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by acain
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3