I have a pair of beyerdynamics T-70 (250 Ohm) and was thinking of getting a Marantz CD6004 CD player. Would the Marantz be able to drive these? I also have a Fiio E17 DAC/AMP. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Related Forum Threads
- Which of these headphones are the best for me... Last post on 1/13/13 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed cans for under 700$ Last post on 10/29/12 at 4:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- head phone recommendation Last post on 10/9/12 at 12:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
My first in-ear headphone. Always thought they couldn't be any good compared to the over-ear headphones. I was wrong. The looks are a matter of taste, so I keep that in the middle for a...
This is the veteran ex-flagship model from FitEar／須山補聴器 before the Mitsuharu Harada series (MH335DW) was released recently. The C435 is a 4 way crossover configuration, 5 drivers (2 highs, 2 mids 1...
I've spent the past week auditioning these new VSD1S by VSonic. Before this I was listening extensively to my dual dynamics JVC FXT90's and my dual armature UE 700. For a single dynamic driver that...
I started this review with the intention of pointing out the things I don't like about it, but man, there really isn't much I don't love about these. Out of the box they sound very thin and...
It does a good job as a DAC for my starving student amp. Eventually, I will probably upgrade but it works well enough. It is nice that it powers off of USB and doesn't take up tons of space.
Marantz CD6004 and Beyerdynamic T-70
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 86/13/12 at 9:11ampost #3 of 86/13/12 at 9:35amThread Starterpost #4 of 86/13/12 at 10:22am
I looked into this a while back with an Onkyo CD player, the C-7030. The problem I ran into was the Onkyo headphone out was a very high impedance (somewhere around 300 ohms, based off the schematics). This resulted in quite a bit of variation in the sound levels of lower impedance headphones. My IEMS sounded like they had been dunked underwater, along with other headphones I tried, although not to the same extent.
I bought a Fiio E5 to use strictly as an impedance fix, which resolved my problem. The Fiio amps tend to have very low output impedance of 10 ohms or less.
Any output impedance under 25 ohm output should be fine with 250 ohm headphones. Once you get the Marantz, try the headphone output with and without the Fiio. If your music sounds noticeably better, it's likely due to the Marantz having a high output impedance. If there's little to no variation, you're probably fine.
Or you could always contact Marantz and ask - I couldn't find the spec with some casual Googling.post #5 of 86/13/12 at 12:12pmThread Starterpost #6 of 86/13/12 at 12:26pm
I have a CD6004. It's a great CD player - but to be honest I'm not enthusiastic about its headphone out. I've tried it once with the Senn HD600, and the result was... well, meh. Bloated bass, congested soundstage - the usual signs of an underamped HD600/650.
In any case, I'd recommend some sort of external headphone amp. Your Fiio should do fine.post #7 of 88/31/13 at 5:02am
- Marantz CD6004 and Beyerdynamic T-70
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › WTB: Fiio E12 1 minute ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 vs JVC FXD80 vs VSONIC GR07 IEM's 2 minutes ago
- › New Hifiman HE-5LE planar magnetic headphone 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Ranking of 17 DACs and DAC Configurations 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 4 minutes ago
- › Musical Fidelity V-Dac MKII and Pangea Audio P-100 Power Supply -... 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by TheLastDevil
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi