I have a pair of beyerdynamics T-70 (250 Ohm) and was thinking of getting a Marantz CD6004 CD player. Would the Marantz be able to drive these? I also have a Fiio E17 DAC/AMP. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Related Forum Threads
- Which of these headphones are the best for me... Last post on 1/13/13 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed cans for under 700$ Last post on 10/29/12 at 4:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- head phone recommendation Last post on 10/9/12 at 12:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
There is just so much craptastic dreck in the
This is my first review and it's going to be brief...Never in my life have I been so damn impressed with an audio product (I have a bunch) than I am with my Custom K10's!!! There is not 1 thing...
INTRODUCTION Hello again guys, I am Areek Nibras, a junior Head-fier and a recently graduated physician from Bangladesh, currently doing post-graduation training in Internal medicine. Today I will...
I picked up these for my wife. I thought that since she is more of an average listener (not too concerned with audio), the V-shaped sound might be acceptable or even preferred. I gave them a listen...
I got to listen to these for a couple weeks as part of the USA tour, with the requirement that I write a review and pay to ship them to the next participant. I am not affiliated with, and was not...
Marantz CD6004 and Beyerdynamic T-70
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 86/13/12 at 9:11ampost #3 of 86/13/12 at 9:35amThread Starterpost #4 of 86/13/12 at 10:22am
I looked into this a while back with an Onkyo CD player, the C-7030. The problem I ran into was the Onkyo headphone out was a very high impedance (somewhere around 300 ohms, based off the schematics). This resulted in quite a bit of variation in the sound levels of lower impedance headphones. My IEMS sounded like they had been dunked underwater, along with other headphones I tried, although not to the same extent.
I bought a Fiio E5 to use strictly as an impedance fix, which resolved my problem. The Fiio amps tend to have very low output impedance of 10 ohms or less.
Any output impedance under 25 ohm output should be fine with 250 ohm headphones. Once you get the Marantz, try the headphone output with and without the Fiio. If your music sounds noticeably better, it's likely due to the Marantz having a high output impedance. If there's little to no variation, you're probably fine.
Or you could always contact Marantz and ask - I couldn't find the spec with some casual Googling.post #5 of 86/13/12 at 12:12pmThread Starterpost #6 of 86/13/12 at 12:26pm
I have a CD6004. It's a great CD player - but to be honest I'm not enthusiastic about its headphone out. I've tried it once with the Senn HD600, and the result was... well, meh. Bloated bass, congested soundstage - the usual signs of an underamped HD600/650.
In any case, I'd recommend some sort of external headphone amp. Your Fiio should do fine.post #7 of 88/31/13 at 5:02am
- Marantz CD6004 and Beyerdynamic T-70
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 2 minutes ago
- › K10U Black & Rose Gold 2 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 3 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Hybrid IEM Thread (Piston successor) 3 minutes ago
- › flash SALE!! Audio Technica ATH-R70X 470ohm Openback Reference... 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 3 minutes ago
- › Garage1217 Ember amp 4 minutes ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 4 minutes ago
- › 1MORE EO323 Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by leesure
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Bighappy
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by areek
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Yubacore
- › Meze 99 Classics by Defiant00
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by silvrr
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Hisoundfi
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by droido256
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse