HE-6 easily...tonality is pretty similar (HE-6 a bit brighter), TH900 is a clean sounding Beats
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Stax protection Last post on 2/5/15 at 5:04am in High-end Audio Forum
- What would you say are the best 3 IEM's out in the market now ? Last post on 2/19/15 at 7:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- High-End Over-Ear Discussion Last post on 1/20/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax 009 Last post on 12/3/14 at 9:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax 009: Advice on Buying used Last post on 11/15/14 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
If you are looking for an inexpensive USB cable, this is an OK way to spend your money. It will reduce some of the digital irritants and sounds better than the "comes with" usb cables packaged...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Audeze LCD-3, Poor Man's Stax SR 009 ? - Page 11
post #151 of 153
10/26/12 at 2:25pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #152 of 153
10/26/12 at 2:27pm
Ive been saying this for a while. The HE-6 is incredibly similar to the 009s tonally, at least when driven well off a speaker amp. And detail wise, they are probably about as close as youll get too. They do sound slightly "edgier" though
post #153 of 153
10/26/12 at 2:33pm
- Audeze LCD-3, Poor Man's Stax SR 009 ?
Currently, there are 3945 Active Users (829 Members and 3116 Guests)
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 21 seconds ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 21 seconds ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 28 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr & Lyr 2 Tube Compatibility List 43 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 50 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › I truly believe these are one of the best Classical Music... 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Am I Doing It Wrong? Lyr + Bifrost Sounds The Same As Straight To... 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures Of Your High End System II (Same Rules Apply) 3 minutes ago
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2