- 3 Posts. Joined 6/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 6/12/12
- productdigiZoid ZO2 Personal hi-fi experiencetagged by System, 6/12/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 6/12/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/12/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/12/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/12/12
- productSwan M50Wtagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Sub-$100 Portable Amps Shootout – 11(+1) amps compared Last post on 12/30/16 at 5:21pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable AMP/DAC for ATH-M50? Last post on 1/5/13 at 4:29am in Portable Headphone Amps
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Would the fiio e11 better the audiotechnica ATH M50's? Last post on 6/29/12 at 7:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Can I amp the Audio Technica M50 to be as bassy as beats pro? Last post on 2/5/14 at 7:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
This is by far the closest I have come to writing a 5 star review. Of course to get that, I would have to find the holy grail of headphones for me. I had tried the HD558, HD598, HD650, and...
These are *fantastic* for the price. Compared side by side to some old Sennheiser MX500s, that cost at least 4x as much, the Monk+ absolutely wipes the floor - they are hugely superior. Warm...
Acknowledgment Thanks, @Andykong at Cayin, and @Takeanidea for organizing the UK wing of the worldwide extravaganza of i5 tour. It is always an honour to work with great companies and dear...
Digizoid ZO2 vs FiiO E11 or 7 for ATH M50post #1 of 66/12/12 at 11:59amThread StarterHey guys, I'm new for all this but I wanted to get knowledgable opinions on an amp and I hear good things about the above mentioned amps? Which do you reccomend? I'm not a bass head just looking for something that would improve the quality of my music coming from my iPhone! Thanks!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 66/12/12 at 12:01pm
They'll add different flavors, it's like comparing apples and oranges, it ultimately comes down to taste. For some ZO would be better for others E11. ZO is meant to be fun & engaging sounding while E11 focuses more on transparency, analytical & detailed & neutral sounding. Pick your preference.
If you want to tap or headbang to the music cuz it's that engaging go ZO, if you want to analyze the different elements of the music, go E11.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 6/12/12 at 12:05pmpost #3 of 66/12/12 at 3:02pmThread StarterHey thanks! I guess since I'm new to all this I'm not sure which to get first seeing as how I'd probably end up buying both! Lol I like the portability of the ZO2 but let me ask you, does it amp your headphones? I've read it's more of a equalizer, is this true? As oppose to the fiio e11 which is an amp correct? My troubles is i'm a musician so perhaps my problem is I want the best of both worlds! Sorry for all the questions, just want to try and make up my mind!post #4 of 66/13/12 at 12:20ampost #5 of 66/13/12 at 11:50pm
I'm kind of in the same boat as you and I have the e6 coming on Friday but I dont know what to expect from it. Was thinking about upgrading which I know is stupid because I havent tried it out yet but I just a quality product that I can take with me. Let me know which one you end up with and your general impressions. Good luckpost #6 of 66/19/12 at 9:30amThread StarterHey Demonfox, I actually went with the Digizoid ZO2 which is actually coming in today so I will definitely let you know in an update. I plan on picking up the FiiO E11 sometime in the near future so maybe I can give you a comparison from the stand point of someone who is new to all this!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Digizoid ZO2 vs FiiO E11 or 7 for ATH M50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › REVIEW: Comparison of 5 High End Digital Music Servers - Aurender... 23 seconds ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread 46 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Dedicated DAC w/ unbalanced out VS Audio Interface w/ balanced out 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for recommendations for a work IEM 2 minutes ago
- › The Blue Lola (vs. my AKG K553 Pro) 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Massdrop/Fostex TH-X00 Owners' Impressions and... 3 minutes ago
- › A+ Technology in Daniel Hertz's Master Class software and future of... 3 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear