What earphones / brands have the best build quality ? Too many earphones have died on me because of cable issues, so I really want to make sure that build quality is one of the main criteria in my selection.
- brandDunutagged by System, 6/12/12
- brandEtymotictagged by System, 6/12/12
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 6/12/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/12/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/12/12
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 6/12/12
- brandShuretagged by System, 6/12/12
- brandWestonetagged by System, 6/12/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help a Fisherman Last post on 9/11/13 at 5:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- IEM's - ER4's -v- Shure E2C's? Sound isolation and freq response? Last post on 9/9/10 at 10:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help: Damaged ER4P Last post on 6/26/12 at 5:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I think I've see and heard it all... Last post on 9/15/11 at 7:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 3 vs Shure 535 Last post on 3/21/11 at 11:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Great quality to be expected of a Fiio product, the cable works as intended and feels nice in the hand. There`s no strain relief on the 30pin connector, perhaps it`s to increase pliability?...
Feliks Audio Espressivo A Foot Tappin', Head Shakin' Tube Amp | PREVIOUS REVIEW | REVIEW INDEX | NEXT REVIEW | INTRODUCTION A Diamond In The Rough Feliks Audio is a family company...
Intro I've been searching for a pair of headphones to use on commutes for years. I started with the Skullcandy Hesh in middle school which broke after several months. After that i came across...
The ONKYO A800 is a very impressive headphone indeed, and I believe it has the potential to really earn a following among headphone enthusiasts. To be sure, we are in an...
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
Best build quality ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 66/12/12 at 3:16ampost #3 of 66/12/12 at 4:37amThread StarterQuote:
Is Etymotic a reliable brand in general ? I'd like to find a very good earphones under $150 with great build quality, the ER4 are out of my range :(post #4 of 66/12/12 at 9:30ampost #5 of 66/12/12 at 10:03amQuote:
Yes, Etymotic's have excellent build quality.
Shure, Westone... almost all the good brands are generally good.
One brand I keep hearing failing is the Monster Turbine... also, the RE-0post #6 of 66/12/12 at 10:20amQuote:
what headphones have you gone through?
How do you store your headphones?
If you don't already, there are a few things you can do to extend the life of your headphones, such as use a 3-finger wrap, or a pocket-friendly case.
I personally use an altoids gum tin lined with duck tape, and i've gotten 3 years out of a pair of IEMs like that. I beat the heck out of those IEMs too.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best build quality ?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 6 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser RS 165, RS 175, RS 185, RS 195 - Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Appreciation Thread – a New Start (please read... 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 3 minutes ago
- › Midrange possibly open-backed full-sized cans suggestions 4 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 5 minutes ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...