What earphones / brands have the best build quality ? Too many earphones have died on me because of cable issues, so I really want to make sure that build quality is one of the main criteria in my selection.
- brandDunutagged by System, 6/12/12
- brandEtymotictagged by System, 6/12/12
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 6/12/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/12/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/12/12
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 6/12/12
- brandShuretagged by System, 6/12/12
- brandWestonetagged by System, 6/12/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help a Fisherman Last post on 9/11/13 at 5:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- IEM's - ER4's -v- Shure E2C's? Sound isolation and freq response? Last post on 9/9/10 at 10:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help: Damaged ER4P Last post on 6/26/12 at 5:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I think I've see and heard it all... Last post on 9/15/11 at 7:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 3 vs Shure 535 Last post on 3/21/11 at 11:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Bought these after receiving the Massdrop HE-350s which were just too treble-forward for my taste. I listen to a lot of music when at work. Desk space is limited, so I can't justify running an...
When i first got the Cayin iHA-6 and iDAC-6 combo and paired it with my HD800S, i wasn't too thrilled. Compared to my previous HDVD800, there was more detail present from the dac, but it came with...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I can remember when I first joined Head-Fi, I started with some pretty cheap gear, and I...
At the time this review was written, the TFZ Series 3 was listed for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Background: I own Sennheiser HD600 and Fiio X3II. I love HD600 because it is comfortable and also works well for my classical music and vocal music. But it doesn't play well with any pop music...
Best build quality ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 66/12/12 at 3:16ampost #3 of 66/12/12 at 4:37amThread StarterQuote:
Is Etymotic a reliable brand in general ? I'd like to find a very good earphones under $150 with great build quality, the ER4 are out of my range :(post #4 of 66/12/12 at 9:30ampost #5 of 66/12/12 at 10:03amQuote:
Yes, Etymotic's have excellent build quality.
Shure, Westone... almost all the good brands are generally good.
One brand I keep hearing failing is the Monster Turbine... also, the RE-0post #6 of 66/12/12 at 10:20amQuote:
what headphones have you gone through?
How do you store your headphones?
If you don't already, there are a few things you can do to extend the life of your headphones, such as use a 3-finger wrap, or a pocket-friendly case.
I personally use an altoids gum tin lined with duck tape, and i've gotten 3 years out of a pair of IEMs like that. I beat the heck out of those IEMs too.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best build quality ?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Awesome or Gimmick ? Sonys MDR-1ADAC 7 seconds ago
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 2 minutes ago
- › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Show us your vintage headphones! 3 minutes ago
- › Advice on buying a first DAC/Amp combo in 40 - 600 price range... 3 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 6 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 7 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 7 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...