What earphones / brands have the best build quality ? Too many earphones have died on me because of cable issues, so I really want to make sure that build quality is one of the main criteria in my selection.
- brandDunutagged by System, 6/12/12
- brandEtymotictagged by System, 6/12/12
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 6/12/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/12/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/12/12
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 6/12/12
- brandShuretagged by System, 6/12/12
- brandWestonetagged by System, 6/12/12
Related Forum Threads
- IEM's - ER4's -v- Shure E2C's? Sound isolation and freq response? Last post on 9/9/10 at 10:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help: Damaged ER4P Last post on 6/26/12 at 5:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I think I've see and heard it all... Last post on 9/15/11 at 7:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 3 vs Shure 535 Last post on 3/21/11 at 11:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM for stage and tracking Last post on 9/20/10 at 9:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
HIFIMAN HE-560 ON TAP: A FIRST DAY REVIEW SAGA (HIFIMAN HE-560 TOUR IMPRESSIONS) FIRST IMPRESSIONS Wow ... what a big box! I was expecting a more economically packaged box, but once I...
*Not an audio professional review, only my user opinion* After listening to lots of headphones inside this price ranger I decided on these. I was first worried cause lately I was reading lots...
Best build quality ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 66/12/12 at 3:16ampost #3 of 66/12/12 at 4:37amThread StarterQuote:
Is Etymotic a reliable brand in general ? I'd like to find a very good earphones under $150 with great build quality, the ER4 are out of my range :(post #4 of 66/12/12 at 9:30ampost #5 of 66/12/12 at 10:03amQuote:
Yes, Etymotic's have excellent build quality.
Shure, Westone... almost all the good brands are generally good.
One brand I keep hearing failing is the Monster Turbine... also, the RE-0post #6 of 66/12/12 at 10:20amQuote:
what headphones have you gone through?
How do you store your headphones?
If you don't already, there are a few things you can do to extend the life of your headphones, such as use a 3-finger wrap, or a pocket-friendly case.
I personally use an altoids gum tin lined with duck tape, and i've gotten 3 years out of a pair of IEMs like that. I beat the heck out of those IEMs too.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best build quality ?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 7 seconds ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Will this USB external sound card work well with my pair of... 4 minutes ago
- › New Audeze "Prototype-Z"! 4 minutes ago
- › [Review] Meelectronics A161p, the most satisfying IEM I've ever heard 6 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 6 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design: Pandor Hope X available for pre-orders????? 9 minutes ago
- › FS - HiFiMan HE-400 modded w/open grill and Focus pads 9 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)