What earphones / brands have the best build quality ? Too many earphones have died on me because of cable issues, so I really want to make sure that build quality is one of the main criteria in my selection.
- brandDunutagged by System, 6/12/12
- brandEtymotictagged by System, 6/12/12
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 6/12/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/12/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/12/12
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 6/12/12
- brandShuretagged by System, 6/12/12
- brandWestonetagged by System, 6/12/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help a Fisherman Last post on 9/11/13 at 5:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- IEM's - ER4's -v- Shure E2C's? Sound isolation and freq response? Last post on 9/9/10 at 10:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help: Damaged ER4P Last post on 6/26/12 at 5:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I think I've see and heard it all... Last post on 9/15/11 at 7:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 3 vs Shure 535 Last post on 3/21/11 at 11:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I bought these (at £150) expecting much but was shocked by how far they fell short of even competency. They are very uncomfortable, badly designed and the sound is really nothing special. Whatever...
Can’t believe nobody has commented on the lack of an extremely basic feature that exists on 99% of MP3 players but missing from this and many other Fiio units — which is the ability to bookmark....
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
Best build quality ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 66/12/12 at 3:16ampost #3 of 66/12/12 at 4:37amThread StarterQuote:
Is Etymotic a reliable brand in general ? I'd like to find a very good earphones under $150 with great build quality, the ER4 are out of my range :(post #4 of 66/12/12 at 9:30ampost #5 of 66/12/12 at 10:03amQuote:
Yes, Etymotic's have excellent build quality.
Shure, Westone... almost all the good brands are generally good.
One brand I keep hearing failing is the Monster Turbine... also, the RE-0post #6 of 66/12/12 at 10:20amQuote:
what headphones have you gone through?
How do you store your headphones?
If you don't already, there are a few things you can do to extend the life of your headphones, such as use a 3-finger wrap, or a pocket-friendly case.
I personally use an altoids gum tin lined with duck tape, and i've gotten 3 years out of a pair of IEMs like that. I beat the heck out of those IEMs too.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best build quality ?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 1 minute ago
- › The decline of cheap concert tickets 2 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest DragonFly v1.2 (Brand New Replacement Unit) 7 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...