What earphones / brands have the best build quality ? Too many earphones have died on me because of cable issues, so I really want to make sure that build quality is one of the main criteria in my selection.
- brandDunutagged by System, 6/12/12
- brandEtymotictagged by System, 6/12/12
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 6/12/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/12/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/12/12
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 6/12/12
- brandShuretagged by System, 6/12/12
- brandWestonetagged by System, 6/12/12
Related Forum Threads
- IEM's - ER4's -v- Shure E2C's? Sound isolation and freq response? Last post on 9/9/10 at 10:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help: Damaged ER4P Last post on 6/26/12 at 5:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I think I've see and heard it all... Last post on 9/15/11 at 7:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 3 vs Shure 535 Last post on 3/21/11 at 11:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM for stage and tracking Last post on 9/20/10 at 9:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/23/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
Coming from Tascam US-144 to Audio GD .. Here is the story. A few years ago I discovered the magic world of listening to headphones. The reason for that is the ease of computer hifi. I...
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
Best build quality ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 66/12/12 at 3:16ampost #3 of 66/12/12 at 4:37amThread StarterQuote:
Is Etymotic a reliable brand in general ? I'd like to find a very good earphones under $150 with great build quality, the ER4 are out of my range :(post #4 of 66/12/12 at 9:30ampost #5 of 66/12/12 at 10:03amQuote:
Yes, Etymotic's have excellent build quality.
Shure, Westone... almost all the good brands are generally good.
One brand I keep hearing failing is the Monster Turbine... also, the RE-0post #6 of 66/12/12 at 10:20amQuote:
what headphones have you gone through?
How do you store your headphones?
If you don't already, there are a few things you can do to extend the life of your headphones, such as use a 3-finger wrap, or a pocket-friendly case.
I personally use an altoids gum tin lined with duck tape, and i've gotten 3 years out of a pair of IEMs like that. I beat the heck out of those IEMs too.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best build quality ?
- Headphone Impedance
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 seconds ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 14 seconds ago
- › Where do New Zealanders get their gear from? 29 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 1 minute ago
- › Upgrade from soundMAGIC E-30 1 minute ago
- › Eddie Current Electra Electrostatic Amplifier 7 minutes ago
- › Wearing IEMs in your nose? 9 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 11 minutes ago
- › INCREDIBLE!! THE YOUNGER SIBLING OF PROJECT SUNRISE 2--THE NEW... 12 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 13 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi