Currently, I listen to my music through my Galaxy S (the original with the Wolfson) with the Voodoo sound enhancements. Sadly, my phone is dying and I'm looking to go to an older Blackberry (because I love the keyboard, I mainly use my phone for music and texting). I still want great sound quality though. Is there an audio player for $50 or less that's as good as or better than my phone? Thanks!!Also, I have about 20 GB of songs (FLAC and such) so it needs to have space.
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 6/13/12
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 6/13/12
- productSamsung Galaxy S I9000GT 8GBtagged by System, 6/13/12
- productSandisk Sansa Clip 8GB MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 6/13/12
- productSanDisk Sansa Fuze V2tagged by System, 6/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- [resolved] Portable music @ 400$ , SQ being the main preference here. Last post on 7/12/12 at 6:29pm in Portable Source Gear
- Small, music only DAP. Last post on 7/16/10 at 6:35am in Portable Source Gear
- Sansa Fuze V2 Rockbox has better SQ than Clip+ Rockbox Last post on 7/12/10 at 2:14am in Portable Source Gear
- Help.Need a Recommendation for a Portable Source! Last post on 9/17/12 at 5:32pm in Portable Source Gear
- So my Cowon iAUDIO 7 died.... Last post on 8/20/12 at 3:03am in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
Cheap upgrade from Galaxy S?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Out of curiosity; In order to upgrade from a SGS, what options are we talking about if we restrict to music players? I actually enjoy the sound of my SGS but I guess I am looking for even more if it´s possible.
Edited by zeralda21 - 6/14/12 at 5:32pm
The SGS's sound quality is far superior than anything that Sansa is selling right now. I'd say any player that's an upgrade from the SGS is the RoCoo and the HiFi-Man players. Neither will give you the GUI that the Android OS has.
You literally cannot best its versatility, except with a better android with voodoo capabilities.
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
Don't forget about the app, "Sound Wire". You run the server app on your computer, whatever plays on your computer will play over WiFi on your phone. It constantly streams about 1.44 mbps over your WiFi, but is pretty convenient.
What exactly do you mean by "dying"? You sure it's not just the battery? (I've kinda gotten used to Apple people prematurely trading in their stuff all because of busted batteries that you can't take out yourself, so I really had to ask)
If it's the battery, I've managed to keep charging cycles down. I have 3, one spare charger that I use as a battery holder, and the third battery's in a ziplock bag. All still going strong since I cycle them and I don't leave the Wi-Fi and BT on all the time. My laptop (work) bag and my casual camera bag always has one of the spares, each, and when the battery dies I get one from there and charge the empty one in the spare charger. I very rarely plug in the phone for charging.
In any case, if it's not the battery and you really prefer a physical keypad, Sansa will be your best bet at that price point.
You can buy an extended battery for like sub-$20. Stock OEM batteries are like sub-$10.
When I was using the SGS as a network device, I had all of the music on the SGS. I was controlling it remotely via VNC server, and I could add/delete songs via AirDroid.
I'd vote for the Fuze as well. Nice size and the little bit of extra screen and battery life are nice. I really enjoyed mine until it broke. Sandisk offers no replacement parts or out of warranty repairs BTW.
- Cheap upgrade from Galaxy S?
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 19 seconds ago
- › Need help determining if my new Ultimate Ears Custom In-Ear... 55 seconds ago
- › O2 headamp output booster & modification PCB 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE400 ( mint + unused velour and canare cables ) 2 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › HD600 and Toxic cables 3 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 3 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob