Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Need HeadFi collective advice! Bad Trader?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need HeadFi collective advice! Bad Trader? - Page 3  

post #31 of 39

What I learned from this thread:

 

1) I can intercept packages now from USPS. Very useful info...thanks

 

2) In trades with those with less feedback than I have, request the earphones first before sending mine off. 

post #32 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by atty101 View Post

I completely agree with the OP on this one. You can't initiate a trade and then decide to ignore PMs for FOUR days. That's not fair. Some of you have this "all's well that ends well" mentality but because of an inconsiderate trader the OP is out cash.

 

Maybe there is no outlined "trading etiquette" but common sense and common courtesy would suggest that good communication is a MUST when trading gear sight unseen.

 

If I was a really annoying individual, I'd mention how the other guy is out a pair of X10 =) but elvergun wasn't trying to scam anyone.

By the way elvergun did you explain to him what happened with the package? Because he now has a tracking number that doesn't work, and that is a lot more alarming - no response can just mean someone's busy, but a non-working tracking number immediately suggest a scam.

post #33 of 39

Just looking at this from a purely emotionless practical viewpoint ......

 

 - You both agreed on the trade

 - Although you suggested the tracking, it doesn't actually say anywhere he specifically agreed with it, you assumed it though

 - Yes he did not carry through with communication - however this did not negate the actual terms you agreed

 - He shipped his headphones, however you did not (technically) complete shipment on yours

 

While I can sympathise with where you are at the moment, and can understand your actions to a certain point - the other trader has actually fulfilled all parts of the transaction that you mutually agreed.  You have not.

 

As hard as it may seem - the only course of action now is for you to immediately ship the M50s to him - and probably apologise for the delay.

 

Also in future - at least you will be more aware and get mutual full agreement on any terms (in writing).  Then and only then can you say that one of you has breached trust/agreement.  Unfortunately OP the extra costs are yours to bear.  If it's any consolation - I would be probably have done the same thing as you, and even if you are on good moral ground - thechnically the only one in breach of your original agreement ..... is you.

 

I feel for you. 

post #34 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardKing1 View Post

If I was a really annoying individual, I'd mention how the other guy is out a pair of X10 =) but elvergun wasn't trying to scam anyone.
By the way elvergun did you explain to him what happened with the package? Because he now has a tracking number that doesn't work, and that is a lot more alarming - no response can just mean someone's busy, but a non-working tracking number immediately suggest a scam.
Yes, I did...and I told him I would be shipping his headphones back.

BTW, the tracking number is still working....it is now showing the journey back to California.
post #35 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardKing1 View Post

 

If I was a really annoying individual, I'd mention how the other guy is out a pair of X10 =) 

So glad you're above that sort of thing!

post #36 of 39

It is easy to understand how you must have felt when he did not communicate with you for a few days, but the bottom line is that he fulfilled his end of the agreement while you did not. 

 

I very likely may have done the same thing you did, but definitely pay for the shipping back along with an apology and all will be fine. 

post #37 of 39

I'm trying to avoid exaggerations in the hopes of being helpful; I think you should also avoid exaggerations in the hopes of finding help. It's nothing personal.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post


Yeah, I was so rude. Lol.
post #38 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by atty101 View Post

I completely agree with the OP on this one. You can't initiate a trade and then decide to ignore PMs for FOUR days. That's not fair. Some of you have this "all's well that ends well" mentality but because of an inconsiderate trader the OP is out cash.

 

Maybe there is no outlined "trading etiquette" but common sense and common courtesy would suggest that good communication is a MUST when trading gear sight unseen.

 

This is what I thought, but apparently its not so clear-cut since there are varying opinions. 

 

I did not go to the post office twenty minutes after not hearing from the guy.  My headphones were supposed to be delivered on Friday.  I went to the post office thinking I was probably screwed anyway.  The clerk at the counter said it was probably too late.  I could not go to the post office by the time he finally sent me a PM on Saturday afternoon.  By the time I woke up on Monday the package had already been intercepted.

 

I was in the middle of another trade when this was going on.  The other trader could not ship on the agreed upon day, so he sent me a message that night with an apology and he told me he would ship the next day.    This is what civilized people are supposed to do. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My intention in this thread was not to make a mountain out of a mole hill.  As a matter of fact, the Headfier who emailed with his experience with this trader thought it would be a good idea to let others know about this guy.  He said that he should not have edited the thread he created.    I'm out some money, but I learned a lesson.  I know he is still out there.  All I can hope for (and I really mean this) is that you guys never come across this guy in the sales forum.  You probably will not know you did not get screwed until a package shows up at your door.  

 

If I'm the bad guy here, or if you feel I'm the unreasonable person in the tale, well don't trade with me.  If you chose to do so you can expect fast shipping and good communication.   I am also a busy person, but I guarantee you that I will find a couple of minutes to send you a message.


Edited by elvergun - 6/12/12 at 7:05pm
post #39 of 39

It's very clear here that you're taking responses that support you with greater weight than responses that don't support you. What do you want us to say? That you're a good guy, and that you make good life choices, and your kids will grow up, learn to read, and get great jobs? Maybe he wasn't the greatest trader, but neither are you -- so why is this thread even open? If I were you, I'd pay for his shipping cost too. Sitting from his position, I'm out shipping costs and a week's worth of time because some bumpkin couldn't wait four days. Four days isn't even enough time for you to file a credit card claim.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Need HeadFi collective advice! Bad Trader?