Never heard the Studio but I had the regular TMA-1s for some time. The HD25 is definitely the more versatile (and overall better) headphone. I like the sound signature of the DT770 LE more than the HD25, but they are much bigger and therefore less portable...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- aiaiai tma-1 studio MIA? Last post on 6/29/12 at 2:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How would the TMA-1 compare to the ATH-M50 Last post on 9/3/11 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Needing help finding the AIAIAI TMA-1 in Miami Last post on 8/13/11 at 1:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD25-1 ii / Adidas vs TMA-1 vs others? Last post on 5/20/11 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: TMA-1 vs. TMA-1 Studio Last post on 7/21/14 at 4:51am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
i never usually write reviews, but when i do, its usually with underrated earphones/headphones, because i think they do deserve some justice. just a background, i own headphones like brainwavz,...
Rather than go into the esoteric aspects of the sound signature (not really sure if all the nomenclature actually means the same thing to everyone) I'm going to approach this review from a little...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
NEW! Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio - Page 11post #151 of 16012/17/12 at 1:10am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #152 of 16012/20/12 at 1:17amGo listen to them EVERYTHING is preference. I prefer the TMA-1's to the HD25 and by a margin, yet some people think the HD25 are better. So who's right? No one. Go listen and make your own mind up. Ever been to a restaurant and gone of the waiters recommendation only to not enjoy what you ordered as much as you expected or was told you were? Exactly the same with headphones. I have made those mistakes in the past with speakers, now I have what I believe is the best I could get for the cash I had. Hope this helpspost #153 of 1602/10/13 at 9:59am
off to best buy later today to listen to TMA 1s and TMA 1 studios. Looking for an over the ear to travel with. I sold my Senn 650s because they were to 'dark' Not sure the TMAs will be any different. If I buy the TMA studios, I think I'll add this vModa Orange cable to mod... http://v-moda.com/1-button-speakeasy-cable/post #154 of 1602/10/13 at 10:04ampost #155 of 1602/12/13 at 2:00am
If you want a headphone that's not too dark, I doubt the TMA-1s or Studios will be for you, but I wish you luck. For what it's worth, I have found that the mic cable that came with my Crossfade LPs works very nicely with the TMA-1.post #156 of 1605/20/13 at 11:24ampost #157 of 1606/23/13 at 6:56ampost #158 of 1607/22/13 at 12:35pm
I found the TMA-1 studio to be dark, murky and bass heavy, with the upper mids totally sucked out and no treble to speak of. Other than that, they were fairly close to being non-crappy.post #159 of 1607/22/13 at 1:12pmpost #160 of 1608/2/13 at 6:17am
Got one of these, my quick impressions:
sound is a little congested, the large earpads are way better than the pleather on ears sound-wise. the cable is way too stiff and heavy. I had a small portable cable that fit (has to be very thin to fit past the locking tabs), now these are great portables!
seem very durable, but the rubberized exterior gets scuffed and scratched very easily.
wearing these reminds me of grados because of the earpads shape :)
- NEW! Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Yulong D200 DSD DAC/Headphone amp. 1 minute ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 2 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 2 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread 4 minutes ago
- › maybe made a mistake selling my old speakers - now need... 5 minutes ago
- › Westone Elite Series ES60 by Lorias
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by emanlee
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by shockdoc
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)