Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- aiaiai tma-1 studio MIA? Last post on 6/29/12 at 2:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How would the TMA-1 compare to the ATH-M50 Last post on 9/3/11 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Needing help finding the AIAIAI TMA-1 in Miami Last post on 8/13/11 at 1:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD25-1 ii / Adidas vs TMA-1 vs others? Last post on 5/20/11 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: TMA-1 vs. TMA-1 Studio Last post on 7/21/14 at 4:51am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
First off, thanks to Pandora from Brainwavz for reaching out and offering the opportunity to look at the "Jive". Secondly, I noticed a trend that I'm giving 4 stars to everything I've reviewed...
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
NEW! Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio - Page 8post #106 of 1687/5/12 at 3:34pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 1687/5/12 at 3:39pmThread Starterpost #108 of 1687/5/12 at 5:24pm
you can get it with the iphone cablepost #109 of 1687/10/12 at 7:00ampost #110 of 1687/10/12 at 8:16amThread Starterpost #111 of 1687/10/12 at 8:44am
The Studio has the same drivers but they are tweaked to a more neutral sound and are better suited for all styles of music and they have better around the ear and on ear ear-pads. There is a video for the studios at their website you should see that vaguely explains the differences, but even then you will get the point. They are much more comfortable and versatile. The Fool's Gold Editions are just The Tma-1s with a nice mustard yellow twist. I think they look freaking awesome. Don't get me wrong, I loved the original Tma-1's for their sound quality, but they shine better mainly on electronic related music. So if you mainly listen to electronica or hip hop or whatever then you will love them, but know this. I don't know how big your head is but these damn things clamp hard! I had to "loosen them up" by stretching them out on something for a while cause they were so tight before I did that it was unbearable. I owned two pairs and they were both the same. My ears would get sore and it was just awful. My head is I would say medium size-ish. Yeah. So prepare for that. It's just a helpful tip. You might need to stretch them out on something if your head is too big for them Other than that whenever I listen to electronic music I wish I still had the original tma-1s "sometimes." Hope this helps you keep 'em. Then again maybe.. just maybe they fixed this "problem" when they released the Fool's Gold Edition. Let me know after you get them! Happy listening, HiFiGuy528!!!!
Edited by ekolite - 7/10/12 at 8:45ampost #112 of 1687/10/12 at 9:05amThread Starterpost #113 of 1687/10/12 at 9:29am
Oh, I C. I thought you were implying that you were buying a pair of Fool's Gold Tma-1's. I think you will be pleased with the Studios. You can use any Aiaiai mic cable for them (I'm pretty sure.) Unfortunately due to finances I am forced to sell my Studios. They are on auction right now on eBay. They come with an Ultrasone straight cable without mic. At least I still have a couple of budget headphones around. They aren't as good, but they get the job done.. for now.
Edited by ekolite - 7/10/12 at 9:31ampost #114 of 1688/10/12 at 4:58pmpost #115 of 1688/10/12 at 6:24pmThread Starterpost #116 of 1688/10/12 at 7:22pmpost #117 of 1688/11/12 at 1:26ampost #118 of 1688/11/12 at 6:27pmThread Starterpost #119 of 1688/11/12 at 7:12pmpost #120 of 1688/12/12 at 6:41amThread Starter
- NEW! Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Am I asking for too much? 9 seconds ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 59 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › Hottest Sonic Electronix deals and promotions. 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 3 minutes ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 3 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs Introduction, USA tour, and Head-Fi discount! 6 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 6 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...