Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- aiaiai tma-1 studio MIA? Last post on 6/29/12 at 2:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How would the TMA-1 compare to the ATH-M50 Last post on 9/3/11 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Needing help finding the AIAIAI TMA-1 in Miami Last post on 8/13/11 at 1:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD25-1 ii / Adidas vs TMA-1 vs others? Last post on 5/20/11 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: TMA-1 vs. TMA-1 Studio Last post on 7/21/14 at 4:51am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I would like to start with saying thank you to Brainwavz and Pandora for letting me check out the Brainwavz Jive. The Brainwavz Jive is available from...
SOUNDMAGIC E50S IN EAR MONITOR REVIEW Firstly, like to thank SoundMAGIC for supplying the E50S Review unit Features and Design The E50S is the latest in ear monitor from SoundMAGIC....
My initial impressions of this headphone were good, but it has taken a week for me of careful listening to really appreciate their qualities and purpose. Ultimately, I love these headphones and...
Overview, design and build: The CKR10 is currently the flagship dynamic driver earphones from Audio Technica. I bought it used from another Head-Fi user. Packaging and accesories are simple but...
It is brilliant, having been based on a OPA2134 as input amp that is wired to a TPA6120A2 as buffer (Current amp). It uses a TDA2030 as a rail splitter. Using a power opamp as a rail splitter...
NEW! Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio - Page 8post #106 of 1687/5/12 at 3:34pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 1687/5/12 at 3:39pmThread Starterpost #108 of 1687/5/12 at 5:24pm
you can get it with the iphone cablepost #109 of 1687/10/12 at 7:00ampost #110 of 1687/10/12 at 8:16amThread Starterpost #111 of 1687/10/12 at 8:44am
The Studio has the same drivers but they are tweaked to a more neutral sound and are better suited for all styles of music and they have better around the ear and on ear ear-pads. There is a video for the studios at their website you should see that vaguely explains the differences, but even then you will get the point. They are much more comfortable and versatile. The Fool's Gold Editions are just The Tma-1s with a nice mustard yellow twist. I think they look freaking awesome. Don't get me wrong, I loved the original Tma-1's for their sound quality, but they shine better mainly on electronic related music. So if you mainly listen to electronica or hip hop or whatever then you will love them, but know this. I don't know how big your head is but these damn things clamp hard! I had to "loosen them up" by stretching them out on something for a while cause they were so tight before I did that it was unbearable. I owned two pairs and they were both the same. My ears would get sore and it was just awful. My head is I would say medium size-ish. Yeah. So prepare for that. It's just a helpful tip. You might need to stretch them out on something if your head is too big for them Other than that whenever I listen to electronic music I wish I still had the original tma-1s "sometimes." Hope this helps you keep 'em. Then again maybe.. just maybe they fixed this "problem" when they released the Fool's Gold Edition. Let me know after you get them! Happy listening, HiFiGuy528!!!!
Edited by ekolite - 7/10/12 at 8:45ampost #112 of 1687/10/12 at 9:05amThread Starterpost #113 of 1687/10/12 at 9:29am
Oh, I C. I thought you were implying that you were buying a pair of Fool's Gold Tma-1's. I think you will be pleased with the Studios. You can use any Aiaiai mic cable for them (I'm pretty sure.) Unfortunately due to finances I am forced to sell my Studios. They are on auction right now on eBay. They come with an Ultrasone straight cable without mic. At least I still have a couple of budget headphones around. They aren't as good, but they get the job done.. for now.
Edited by ekolite - 7/10/12 at 9:31ampost #114 of 1688/10/12 at 4:58pmpost #115 of 1688/10/12 at 6:24pmThread Starterpost #116 of 1688/10/12 at 7:22pmpost #117 of 1688/11/12 at 1:26ampost #118 of 1688/11/12 at 6:27pmThread Starterpost #119 of 1688/11/12 at 7:12pmpost #120 of 1688/12/12 at 6:41amThread Starter
- NEW! Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 27 seconds ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP (Release Imminent) - Product Information and... 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 1 minute ago
- › Sound Quality Sony NWZ A15 vs iPhone 6 Plus 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 5 minutes ago
- › [TEASER] Massdrop x ??? - New Custom In-Ear Monitor available... 6 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HM901S New Flagship DAP 7 minutes ago
- › Audio technica AD700x vs Sennheiser 598 7 minutes ago
- › Battlefield 4 : explosions audio crap ? 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2