Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- aiaiai tma-1 studio MIA? Last post on 6/29/12 at 2:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How would the TMA-1 compare to the ATH-M50 Last post on 9/3/11 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Needing help finding the AIAIAI TMA-1 in Miami Last post on 8/13/11 at 1:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD25-1 ii / Adidas vs TMA-1 vs others? Last post on 5/20/11 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: TMA-1 vs. TMA-1 Studio Last post on 7/21/14 at 4:51am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I want to shout out to Mark (Head-Fier d marc0) for working with Ken Ball from...
Here is my short review of the HOOKA headphone hanger. Thank you to Pandora from Brainwavz for providing me with the product. This very cool headphone hanger came in a nice, small sized...
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
NEW! Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio - Page 8post #106 of 1687/5/12 at 3:34pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 1687/5/12 at 3:39pmThread Starterpost #108 of 1687/5/12 at 5:24pm
you can get it with the iphone cablepost #109 of 1687/10/12 at 7:00ampost #110 of 1687/10/12 at 8:16amThread Starterpost #111 of 1687/10/12 at 8:44am
The Studio has the same drivers but they are tweaked to a more neutral sound and are better suited for all styles of music and they have better around the ear and on ear ear-pads. There is a video for the studios at their website you should see that vaguely explains the differences, but even then you will get the point. They are much more comfortable and versatile. The Fool's Gold Editions are just The Tma-1s with a nice mustard yellow twist. I think they look freaking awesome. Don't get me wrong, I loved the original Tma-1's for their sound quality, but they shine better mainly on electronic related music. So if you mainly listen to electronica or hip hop or whatever then you will love them, but know this. I don't know how big your head is but these damn things clamp hard! I had to "loosen them up" by stretching them out on something for a while cause they were so tight before I did that it was unbearable. I owned two pairs and they were both the same. My ears would get sore and it was just awful. My head is I would say medium size-ish. Yeah. So prepare for that. It's just a helpful tip. You might need to stretch them out on something if your head is too big for them Other than that whenever I listen to electronic music I wish I still had the original tma-1s "sometimes." Hope this helps you keep 'em. Then again maybe.. just maybe they fixed this "problem" when they released the Fool's Gold Edition. Let me know after you get them! Happy listening, HiFiGuy528!!!!
Edited by ekolite - 7/10/12 at 8:45ampost #112 of 1687/10/12 at 9:05amThread Starterpost #113 of 1687/10/12 at 9:29am
Oh, I C. I thought you were implying that you were buying a pair of Fool's Gold Tma-1's. I think you will be pleased with the Studios. You can use any Aiaiai mic cable for them (I'm pretty sure.) Unfortunately due to finances I am forced to sell my Studios. They are on auction right now on eBay. They come with an Ultrasone straight cable without mic. At least I still have a couple of budget headphones around. They aren't as good, but they get the job done.. for now.
Edited by ekolite - 7/10/12 at 9:31ampost #114 of 1688/10/12 at 4:58pmpost #115 of 1688/10/12 at 6:24pmThread Starterpost #116 of 1688/10/12 at 7:22pmpost #117 of 1688/11/12 at 1:26ampost #118 of 1688/11/12 at 6:27pmThread Starterpost #119 of 1688/11/12 at 7:12pmpost #120 of 1688/12/12 at 6:41amThread Starter
- NEW! Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software 59 seconds ago
- › Recommendation for for a new over ear headphone. 1 minute ago
- › Official Head-Fi Houston Fourth-of-July Weekend Meet: Saturday -... 2 minutes ago
- › AK120ii and KSE1500 - Volume 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 5 minutes ago
- › NOS 5998 Tung Sol Tube 1967 Vintage Top Getter Green label *Pairs... 5 minutes ago
- › Chord DAVE HD audio lock failure on optical above 48Khz? 5 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...