silky hair cable please
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/12/13 at 4:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Magic wire. Last post on 7/6/12 at 10:05am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Review: Bellatone Audio Power Cords Last post on 8/12/12 at 12:48pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Audeze---Alternative to Stock Cables Last post on 4/7/13 at 11:47pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Re-cabling Headphones - What's the deal? Last post on 7/14/12 at 11:17pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
Hi End Cables
Edited on 1/8/12
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesEdited on 8/16/12
- Diy Beginners GuideEdited on 11/14/12
A few years ago I was a big fan of the Shuttle Barebone SFF PCs for LAN party gaming. I also was a big fan of surround audio for gaming. I had a soundblaster that days. But the graphics cards grew...
Good solid bass, not very impactful, definitely not for bassheads. Has a warmer feel, and is not very laid back. Also less colored than I would expect. Overall good, as I paid around 120 for...
I joined head-fi specificaly to post this review.... First - my credentials as a headphone user (as far as they go). I've been into hi-fi for 3 decades, and consider myself a reasonably...
Disclaimer: This review isn't based on NwAvguy words and/or the stereotypes arround the ODAC. You won't see me using the words "transparent" and or "clinical". I actually gave the thing an honest...
Asus is a well known tech company. They make laptops, desktops, tablets, motherboards, video cards, and a few other odds and ends. Around here, they are most known for their...
New Q French Silk Cable - Page 4
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #47 of 6212/4/12 at 5:45pm
French Silk cable for my LCD-3 arrived yesterday. It's 3m - light weight and beautifully made. Keeping it at the office this week listening to our 2012 Santa Fe Chamber Music radio broadcast series with ALO PanAm.post #48 of 6212/4/12 at 7:35pm
Thank you for the kind words.
And if I may, I'd like to say some in return.
During the course of this cable sale, I came to learn that Sotone, in addition to his many other talents, heads up Sotone Recordings (http://www.sotone.com/). Sotone offers up a catalog of historical recordings as well as providing LP and tape transfer services.
Quite some years ago, a dear late friend of mine, Allen Greenblatt, who was a professional studio musician had the studio to himself one night and just for fun laid down a short, "countryfied" tribute to Led Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven, all the instruments and vocals performed by him through the magic of multitrack recording.
Back in 1991 Allen sent me a copy of it on cassette. However it's been many years since I've owned a cassette deck and the tape has been sitting in my desk drawer ever since. I'd had thoughts of having it transferred to digital a number of times but for one reason or other never got around to it. Now there was no excuse so I sent the cherished tape to Sotone to have it transferred.
My cassette copy was duped from Allen's cassette copy which he recorded from the master tape so my tape was second generation cassette. Hardly the absolute in terms of quality. But Sotone was able to extract every last bit that little cassette of mine had to offer and given the inherent limitations, it sounds fantastic.
Allen passed away before the Internet came on the scene (we came to know each other on a popular dial-up computer bulletin board system I was technical director for, The Audiophile Network) and I'm sure that rather than his bit of fun being lost to the world, he'd like to see it shared with others.
So without any further ado, and with very special thanks to Sotone Recordings, here it is, Allen's Country Staar-Way to Heav'n:
(it was transferred to full resolution 16/44 but to save bandwidth, this is the 320k MP3 version)
Rest in peace my friend.
(Allen's graphic "signature" from the cassette liner)
Edited by Steve Eddy - 12/4/12 at 7:37pmpost #49 of 6212/5/12 at 2:57amThread StarterThat's a lovely story.
I'm not normally a fan of country - but this one brought a big smile to my face. Knowing the story behind it and imagining Allen doing all the various tracks - and having fun in an empty recording studio by himself late one night - well, that makes it all the more enjoyable.
Thanks for sharing the track, and the memory.
DCpost #50 of 6212/5/12 at 11:01am
Thank you, Pudu.
Can't say I'm any sort of country fan either (though there's usually at least something in most every genre that I like) but in the right context and in just the right dose, it can be entertaining.
sepost #51 of 6212/6/12 at 4:37amThread StarterThat might be the only country track that's ever brightened my day.
On the other hand, some French silk has been making me smile for the past week or so.
Though I'm thinking I should have gone with the red/green interweave.
Edited by Pudu - 12/6/12 at 6:45ampost #52 of 6212/6/12 at 8:45ampost #53 of 6212/6/12 at 8:56amThread Starterpost #54 of 6212/13/12 at 7:45pmpost #55 of 6212/13/12 at 7:52pmThread Starterpost #56 of 6212/21/12 at 4:49pmpost #57 of 6212/21/12 at 4:53pmQuote:
Steve "Q" Eddy might drive a Viper ...
I was talking about Steve "Red Green" Smith
He's not exactly his TV persona in real lifepost #58 of 6212/21/12 at 9:37pmThread StarterYes I understood you meant Mr. Smith - which is what makes the image enjoyable.
As far as I know, from my ill founded preconception of Mr. S Eddy, he drives around town in one of these:post #59 of 6212/21/12 at 11:32pmpost #60 of 6212/22/12 at 6:47am
Recently purchased my Q cable from Steve (was emailing you about my L/R mix up problems) and can vouch for its quality. So much more comfortable and durable than the stock cables. Thanks again Steve!Return Home
- New Q French Silk Cable
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 33 seconds ago
- › Brief Odac impressions 33 seconds ago
- › post your grado mods.... 42 seconds ago
- › HeadAmp Headphone Demos (Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, Stax)... 2 minutes ago
- › Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X3 Thread. Full review:... 3 minutes ago
- › Which is the best among these popular cheap and top-rated... 3 minutes ago
- › Melbourne Meet Saturday 29/6/13 3 minutes ago
- › New Beyer DT1350 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-10ES - ES9018 Balanced DAC + Headphone Amp 4 minutes ago
- › Xonar U7 - 7.1 USB-Soundkarte by pietcux
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by Landon Watson
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by tintoy
- › JDS Labs ODAC by Rem0o
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STU by project86
- › Unique Melody Miracle by lin0003
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by mcook1970
- › Beats Solo by Dr. Dre On-Ear Headphones with ControlTalk (White) by TheBrutux168
- › Skullcandy 50/50 - Headset ( in-ear ear-bud ) - white, chrome by TheBrutux168
- › Sennheiser HD-600 by JustinBieber
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe