silky hair cable please
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/30/14 at 9:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Magic wire. Last post on 7/6/12 at 10:05am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Audeze---Alternative to Stock Cables Last post on 2/9/15 at 7:00am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Re-cabling Headphones - What's the deal? Last post on 11/17/13 at 9:00pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
Hi End Cables
Last edited: 1/8/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 3/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
Prize: 189 Euro. DAC performance is less good as you can read in many other reviews. Personally I find the DAC good enough. But then again, I do not have another to compare. Connectivity is...
Acknowledgment Thanks Mike Diaz at Ultimate Ears for supplying these as a review sample, with special thanks to David Guitierrez for his excellent customer service. These are going to kick butt...
It's not free to you, but it was to me. I was not even interested in this IEM until it was offered to me for free by Rose on the condition I reviewed it. I'm happy to say this is an honest 5 star...
With thanks to our great supporter of headfi @Andykong, I have had the Cayin i5 on loan for a fortnight or so. I have had the chance to listen to it extensively. My focus has mainly been on the...
Introduction With thanks to @glassmonkey , and Aune, here is my first review for 2017 - the M1S DAP. I shall not be labouring the point. There is a 55 page discussions and impressions...
New Q French Silk Cable - Page 4
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #47 of 8012/4/12 at 5:45pm
French Silk cable for my LCD-3 arrived yesterday. It's 3m - light weight and beautifully made. Keeping it at the office this week listening to our 2012 Santa Fe Chamber Music radio broadcast series with ALO PanAm.post #48 of 8012/4/12 at 7:35pm
Thank you for the kind words.
And if I may, I'd like to say some in return.
During the course of this cable sale, I came to learn that Sotone, in addition to his many other talents, heads up Sotone Recordings (http://www.sotone.com/). Sotone offers up a catalog of historical recordings as well as providing LP and tape transfer services.
Quite some years ago, a dear late friend of mine, Allen Greenblatt, who was a professional studio musician had the studio to himself one night and just for fun laid down a short, "countryfied" tribute to Led Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven, all the instruments and vocals performed by him through the magic of multitrack recording.
Back in 1991 Allen sent me a copy of it on cassette. However it's been many years since I've owned a cassette deck and the tape has been sitting in my desk drawer ever since. I'd had thoughts of having it transferred to digital a number of times but for one reason or other never got around to it. Now there was no excuse so I sent the cherished tape to Sotone to have it transferred.
My cassette copy was duped from Allen's cassette copy which he recorded from the master tape so my tape was second generation cassette. Hardly the absolute in terms of quality. But Sotone was able to extract every last bit that little cassette of mine had to offer and given the inherent limitations, it sounds fantastic.
Allen passed away before the Internet came on the scene (we came to know each other on a popular dial-up computer bulletin board system I was technical director for, The Audiophile Network) and I'm sure that rather than his bit of fun being lost to the world, he'd like to see it shared with others.
So without any further ado, and with very special thanks to Sotone Recordings, here it is, Allen's Country Staar-Way to Heav'n:
(it was transferred to full resolution 16/44 but to save bandwidth, this is the 320k MP3 version)
Rest in peace my friend.
(Allen's graphic "signature" from the cassette liner)
Edited by Steve Eddy - 12/4/12 at 7:37pmpost #49 of 8012/5/12 at 2:57amThread StarterThat's a lovely story.
I'm not normally a fan of country - but this one brought a big smile to my face. Knowing the story behind it and imagining Allen doing all the various tracks - and having fun in an empty recording studio by himself late one night - well, that makes it all the more enjoyable.
Thanks for sharing the track, and the memory.
DCpost #50 of 8012/5/12 at 11:01am
Thank you, Pudu.
Can't say I'm any sort of country fan either (though there's usually at least something in most every genre that I like) but in the right context and in just the right dose, it can be entertaining.
sepost #51 of 8012/6/12 at 4:37amThread StarterThat might be the only country track that's ever brightened my day.
On the other hand, some French silk has been making me smile for the past week or so.
Though I'm thinking I should have gone with the red/green interweave.
Edited by Pudu - 12/6/12 at 6:45ampost #52 of 8012/6/12 at 8:45amQuote:
I love Red Green!
sepost #53 of 8012/6/12 at 8:56amThread Starterpost #54 of 8012/13/12 at 7:45pmpost #55 of 8012/13/12 at 7:52pmThread Starterpost #56 of 8012/21/12 at 4:49pmpost #57 of 8012/21/12 at 4:53pmQuote:
Steve "Q" Eddy might drive a Viper ...
I was talking about Steve "Red Green" Smith
He's not exactly his TV persona in real lifepost #58 of 8012/21/12 at 9:37pmThread StarterYes I understood you meant Mr. Smith - which is what makes the image enjoyable.
As far as I know, from my ill founded preconception of Mr. S Eddy, he drives around town in one of these:post #59 of 8012/21/12 at 11:32pmpost #60 of 8012/22/12 at 6:47am
Recently purchased my Q cable from Steve (was emailing you about my L/R mix up problems) and can vouch for its quality. So much more comfortable and durable than the stock cables. Thanks again Steve!Return Home
- New Q French Silk Cable
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › looking for a new totl headphone 28 seconds ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 53 seconds ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 2 minutes ago
- › COMING SOON: Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth,... 2 minutes ago
- › DAC / AMP for Sennheiser HD800! 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by chihwahli
- › Ultimate Ears Reference Remastered by glassmonkey
- › Rose Aurora by vapman
- › Cayin i5 by Takeanidea
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Takeanidea
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by MrChiSox
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by jasonwdonnelly
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by JonnyA
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by aggFTW
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear