silky hair cable please
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/30/14 at 9:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Magic wire. Last post on 7/6/12 at 10:05am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Audeze---Alternative to Stock Cables Last post on 2/9/15 at 7:00am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Re-cabling Headphones - What's the deal? Last post on 11/17/13 at 9:00pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 5/24/15
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
New Q French Silk Cable - Page 4
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #47 of 8012/4/12 at 5:45pm
French Silk cable for my LCD-3 arrived yesterday. It's 3m - light weight and beautifully made. Keeping it at the office this week listening to our 2012 Santa Fe Chamber Music radio broadcast series with ALO PanAm.post #48 of 8012/4/12 at 7:35pm
Thank you for the kind words.
And if I may, I'd like to say some in return.
During the course of this cable sale, I came to learn that Sotone, in addition to his many other talents, heads up Sotone Recordings (http://www.sotone.com/). Sotone offers up a catalog of historical recordings as well as providing LP and tape transfer services.
Quite some years ago, a dear late friend of mine, Allen Greenblatt, who was a professional studio musician had the studio to himself one night and just for fun laid down a short, "countryfied" tribute to Led Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven, all the instruments and vocals performed by him through the magic of multitrack recording.
Back in 1991 Allen sent me a copy of it on cassette. However it's been many years since I've owned a cassette deck and the tape has been sitting in my desk drawer ever since. I'd had thoughts of having it transferred to digital a number of times but for one reason or other never got around to it. Now there was no excuse so I sent the cherished tape to Sotone to have it transferred.
My cassette copy was duped from Allen's cassette copy which he recorded from the master tape so my tape was second generation cassette. Hardly the absolute in terms of quality. But Sotone was able to extract every last bit that little cassette of mine had to offer and given the inherent limitations, it sounds fantastic.
Allen passed away before the Internet came on the scene (we came to know each other on a popular dial-up computer bulletin board system I was technical director for, The Audiophile Network) and I'm sure that rather than his bit of fun being lost to the world, he'd like to see it shared with others.
So without any further ado, and with very special thanks to Sotone Recordings, here it is, Allen's Country Staar-Way to Heav'n:
(it was transferred to full resolution 16/44 but to save bandwidth, this is the 320k MP3 version)
Rest in peace my friend.
(Allen's graphic "signature" from the cassette liner)
Edited by Steve Eddy - 12/4/12 at 7:37pmpost #49 of 8012/5/12 at 2:57amThread StarterThat's a lovely story.
I'm not normally a fan of country - but this one brought a big smile to my face. Knowing the story behind it and imagining Allen doing all the various tracks - and having fun in an empty recording studio by himself late one night - well, that makes it all the more enjoyable.
Thanks for sharing the track, and the memory.
DCpost #50 of 8012/5/12 at 11:01am
Thank you, Pudu.
Can't say I'm any sort of country fan either (though there's usually at least something in most every genre that I like) but in the right context and in just the right dose, it can be entertaining.
sepost #51 of 8012/6/12 at 4:37amThread StarterThat might be the only country track that's ever brightened my day.
On the other hand, some French silk has been making me smile for the past week or so.
Though I'm thinking I should have gone with the red/green interweave.
Edited by Pudu - 12/6/12 at 6:45ampost #52 of 8012/6/12 at 8:45ampost #53 of 8012/6/12 at 8:56amThread Starterpost #54 of 8012/13/12 at 7:45pmpost #55 of 8012/13/12 at 7:52pmThread Starterpost #56 of 8012/21/12 at 4:49pmpost #57 of 8012/21/12 at 4:53pmQuote:
Steve "Q" Eddy might drive a Viper ...
I was talking about Steve "Red Green" Smith
He's not exactly his TV persona in real lifepost #58 of 8012/21/12 at 9:37pmThread StarterYes I understood you meant Mr. Smith - which is what makes the image enjoyable.
As far as I know, from my ill founded preconception of Mr. S Eddy, he drives around town in one of these:post #59 of 8012/21/12 at 11:32pmpost #60 of 8012/22/12 at 6:47am
Recently purchased my Q cable from Steve (was emailing you about my L/R mix up problems) and can vouch for its quality. So much more comfortable and durable than the stock cables. Thanks again Steve!Return Home
- New Q French Silk Cable
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Hi End Cables
- › Jbl lsr 305 vs riva turbo x 55 seconds ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 1 minute ago
- › DAC integrated portable in ear earbuds Z:ero 1 minute ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!) 4 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 6 minutes ago
- › SRH 940 vs DT770 vs MDR1A vs M70X vs Crossfade M100 vs Momentums 7 minutes ago
- › Speaker setup Via PC 7 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › Grado Labs SR80e by SeraphSolus
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) by peter123
- › Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) -... by Lewzke
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by chowmein83
- › Alclair Curve by Brooko
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by wofsie
- › Etymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphones by Chiek
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2