silky hair cable please
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/30/14 at 9:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Magic wire. Last post on 7/6/12 at 10:05am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Audeze---Alternative to Stock Cables Last post on 2/9/15 at 7:00am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Re-cabling Headphones - What's the deal? Last post on 11/17/13 at 9:00pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
Hi End Cables
Last edited: 1/8/12
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 3/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
Introduction Simgot is a new name in Asian audio that is getting some attention with their new EN700 model. Supposedly, some that were involved in tuning the Ostry IEMs have tuned this one, so...
Have had these for a loooong time. Now that I've got older ears, I don't really hear the beautiful crystal-like treble anymore, but I'm sure it's still there. :)
Hifiman Supermini and Megamini – initial impressions / comparison I first heard the Hifiman Supermini in demo unit form at the Canjam London 2016, and while being impressed by the fact...
Firstly I would like to thank iFi Audio for the loan unit for review, I have been using it for about 3 weeks and as always I will try to write an honest review. Gear Used: Dell XPS 15 /...
I bought these back in 2000 for full retail, which was a lot of money for me at the time. I got to A/B these at a hi-fi shop using my reference CD. I listened to the HD600 and the HD590. I...
New Q French Silk Cable - Page 4
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #47 of 8012/4/12 at 5:45pm
French Silk cable for my LCD-3 arrived yesterday. It's 3m - light weight and beautifully made. Keeping it at the office this week listening to our 2012 Santa Fe Chamber Music radio broadcast series with ALO PanAm.post #48 of 8012/4/12 at 7:35pm
Thank you for the kind words.
And if I may, I'd like to say some in return.
During the course of this cable sale, I came to learn that Sotone, in addition to his many other talents, heads up Sotone Recordings (http://www.sotone.com/). Sotone offers up a catalog of historical recordings as well as providing LP and tape transfer services.
Quite some years ago, a dear late friend of mine, Allen Greenblatt, who was a professional studio musician had the studio to himself one night and just for fun laid down a short, "countryfied" tribute to Led Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven, all the instruments and vocals performed by him through the magic of multitrack recording.
Back in 1991 Allen sent me a copy of it on cassette. However it's been many years since I've owned a cassette deck and the tape has been sitting in my desk drawer ever since. I'd had thoughts of having it transferred to digital a number of times but for one reason or other never got around to it. Now there was no excuse so I sent the cherished tape to Sotone to have it transferred.
My cassette copy was duped from Allen's cassette copy which he recorded from the master tape so my tape was second generation cassette. Hardly the absolute in terms of quality. But Sotone was able to extract every last bit that little cassette of mine had to offer and given the inherent limitations, it sounds fantastic.
Allen passed away before the Internet came on the scene (we came to know each other on a popular dial-up computer bulletin board system I was technical director for, The Audiophile Network) and I'm sure that rather than his bit of fun being lost to the world, he'd like to see it shared with others.
So without any further ado, and with very special thanks to Sotone Recordings, here it is, Allen's Country Staar-Way to Heav'n:
(it was transferred to full resolution 16/44 but to save bandwidth, this is the 320k MP3 version)
Rest in peace my friend.
(Allen's graphic "signature" from the cassette liner)
Edited by Steve Eddy - 12/4/12 at 7:37pmpost #49 of 8012/5/12 at 2:57amThread StarterThat's a lovely story.
I'm not normally a fan of country - but this one brought a big smile to my face. Knowing the story behind it and imagining Allen doing all the various tracks - and having fun in an empty recording studio by himself late one night - well, that makes it all the more enjoyable.
Thanks for sharing the track, and the memory.
DCpost #50 of 8012/5/12 at 11:01am
Thank you, Pudu.
Can't say I'm any sort of country fan either (though there's usually at least something in most every genre that I like) but in the right context and in just the right dose, it can be entertaining.
sepost #51 of 8012/6/12 at 4:37amThread StarterThat might be the only country track that's ever brightened my day.
On the other hand, some French silk has been making me smile for the past week or so.
Though I'm thinking I should have gone with the red/green interweave.
Edited by Pudu - 12/6/12 at 6:45ampost #52 of 8012/6/12 at 8:45amQuote:
I love Red Green!
sepost #53 of 8012/6/12 at 8:56amThread Starterpost #54 of 8012/13/12 at 7:45pmpost #55 of 8012/13/12 at 7:52pmThread Starterpost #56 of 8012/21/12 at 4:49pmpost #57 of 8012/21/12 at 4:53pmQuote:
Steve "Q" Eddy might drive a Viper ...
I was talking about Steve "Red Green" Smith
He's not exactly his TV persona in real lifepost #58 of 8012/21/12 at 9:37pmThread StarterYes I understood you meant Mr. Smith - which is what makes the image enjoyable.
As far as I know, from my ill founded preconception of Mr. S Eddy, he drives around town in one of these:post #59 of 8012/21/12 at 11:32pmpost #60 of 8012/22/12 at 6:47am
Recently purchased my Q cable from Steve (was emailing you about my L/R mix up problems) and can vouch for its quality. So much more comfortable and durable than the stock cables. Thanks again Steve!Return Home
- New Q French Silk Cable
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › ShareMe 5 Bluetooth Headphone Impression and Reviews Wanted Globally 1 minute ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 1 minute ago
- › Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser RS 165, RS 175, RS 185, RS 195 - Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 5 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 10 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 12 minutes ago
- › What are head-fi members views on apt-x lossless codec (over... 13 minutes ago
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by Jackpot77
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Soundaware Esther by Fabaaroan
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by pkshiu
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...