silky hair cable please
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/30/14 at 9:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Magic wire. Last post on 7/6/12 at 10:05am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Audeze---Alternative to Stock Cables Last post on 4/7/13 at 11:47pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Re-cabling Headphones - What's the deal? Last post on 11/17/13 at 9:00pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
Hi End Cables
Last edited: 1/8/12
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
New Q French Silk Cable - Page 4post #47 of 7812/4/12 at 5:45pm
French Silk cable for my LCD-3 arrived yesterday. It's 3m - light weight and beautifully made. Keeping it at the office this week listening to our 2012 Santa Fe Chamber Music radio broadcast series with ALO PanAm.post #48 of 7812/4/12 at 7:35pm
Thank you for the kind words.
And if I may, I'd like to say some in return.
During the course of this cable sale, I came to learn that Sotone, in addition to his many other talents, heads up Sotone Recordings (http://www.sotone.com/). Sotone offers up a catalog of historical recordings as well as providing LP and tape transfer services.
Quite some years ago, a dear late friend of mine, Allen Greenblatt, who was a professional studio musician had the studio to himself one night and just for fun laid down a short, "countryfied" tribute to Led Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven, all the instruments and vocals performed by him through the magic of multitrack recording.
Back in 1991 Allen sent me a copy of it on cassette. However it's been many years since I've owned a cassette deck and the tape has been sitting in my desk drawer ever since. I'd had thoughts of having it transferred to digital a number of times but for one reason or other never got around to it. Now there was no excuse so I sent the cherished tape to Sotone to have it transferred.
My cassette copy was duped from Allen's cassette copy which he recorded from the master tape so my tape was second generation cassette. Hardly the absolute in terms of quality. But Sotone was able to extract every last bit that little cassette of mine had to offer and given the inherent limitations, it sounds fantastic.
Allen passed away before the Internet came on the scene (we came to know each other on a popular dial-up computer bulletin board system I was technical director for, The Audiophile Network) and I'm sure that rather than his bit of fun being lost to the world, he'd like to see it shared with others.
So without any further ado, and with very special thanks to Sotone Recordings, here it is, Allen's Country Staar-Way to Heav'n:
(it was transferred to full resolution 16/44 but to save bandwidth, this is the 320k MP3 version)
Rest in peace my friend.
(Allen's graphic "signature" from the cassette liner)
Edited by Steve Eddy - 12/4/12 at 7:37pmpost #49 of 7812/5/12 at 2:57amThread StarterThat's a lovely story.
I'm not normally a fan of country - but this one brought a big smile to my face. Knowing the story behind it and imagining Allen doing all the various tracks - and having fun in an empty recording studio by himself late one night - well, that makes it all the more enjoyable.
Thanks for sharing the track, and the memory.
DCpost #50 of 7812/5/12 at 11:01am
Thank you, Pudu.
Can't say I'm any sort of country fan either (though there's usually at least something in most every genre that I like) but in the right context and in just the right dose, it can be entertaining.
sepost #51 of 7812/6/12 at 4:37amThread StarterThat might be the only country track that's ever brightened my day.
On the other hand, some French silk has been making me smile for the past week or so.
Though I'm thinking I should have gone with the red/green interweave.
Edited by Pudu - 12/6/12 at 6:45ampost #52 of 7812/6/12 at 8:45ampost #53 of 7812/6/12 at 8:56amThread Starterpost #54 of 7812/13/12 at 7:45pmpost #55 of 7812/13/12 at 7:52pmThread Starterpost #56 of 7812/21/12 at 4:49pmpost #57 of 7812/21/12 at 4:53pmQuote:
Steve "Q" Eddy might drive a Viper ...
I was talking about Steve "Red Green" Smith
He's not exactly his TV persona in real lifepost #58 of 7812/21/12 at 9:37pmThread StarterYes I understood you meant Mr. Smith - which is what makes the image enjoyable.
As far as I know, from my ill founded preconception of Mr. S Eddy, he drives around town in one of these:post #59 of 7812/21/12 at 11:32pmpost #60 of 7812/22/12 at 6:47am
Recently purchased my Q cable from Steve (was emailing you about my L/R mix up problems) and can vouch for its quality. So much more comfortable and durable than the stock cables. Thanks again Steve!Return Home
- New Q French Silk Cable
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 22 seconds ago
- › Best 100-150$ headphones for pop music 26 seconds ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 1 minute ago
- › Central Florida Mini Meet Confirmed Sat. July 26, 2014 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr, New, Open Box, Shipping, Paypal included 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Sievking, Woo, Audio Technica, and Stax headphone stands 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)