silky hair cable please
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/30/14 at 9:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Magic wire. Last post on 7/6/12 at 10:05am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Audeze---Alternative to Stock Cables Last post on 2/9/15 at 7:00am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Re-cabling Headphones - What's the deal? Last post on 11/17/13 at 9:00pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
Hi End Cables
Last edited: 1/8/12
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
This is my first review on head-fi. I had humble beginnings in my path as an audiophile that only officially started once I got the wonderful AKG K550 and grew more conscious of the link between...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank RIVA Audio team for a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Thanks to the original Jambox, going back a few years, wireless...
http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/ It takes a lot of confidence to name your product after the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird. If your going to honor the legendary mach 3+ strategic reconnaissance...
Every 6 months I've had the pleasure of talking to Shinobu Karaki of Aurorasound at the Tokyo headphone festivals. As an ex-Texas Instruments employee he has come up with some interesting...
For me, the Audeze EL-8Cs satisfy a long awaited two year search for a closed headphone that I can use at work that sound just as good as my home theater setup. I enjoy them so much, that I cannot...
New Q French Silk Cable - Page 4
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #47 of 8012/4/12 at 5:45pm
French Silk cable for my LCD-3 arrived yesterday. It's 3m - light weight and beautifully made. Keeping it at the office this week listening to our 2012 Santa Fe Chamber Music radio broadcast series with ALO PanAm.post #48 of 8012/4/12 at 7:35pm
Thank you for the kind words.
And if I may, I'd like to say some in return.
During the course of this cable sale, I came to learn that Sotone, in addition to his many other talents, heads up Sotone Recordings (http://www.sotone.com/). Sotone offers up a catalog of historical recordings as well as providing LP and tape transfer services.
Quite some years ago, a dear late friend of mine, Allen Greenblatt, who was a professional studio musician had the studio to himself one night and just for fun laid down a short, "countryfied" tribute to Led Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven, all the instruments and vocals performed by him through the magic of multitrack recording.
Back in 1991 Allen sent me a copy of it on cassette. However it's been many years since I've owned a cassette deck and the tape has been sitting in my desk drawer ever since. I'd had thoughts of having it transferred to digital a number of times but for one reason or other never got around to it. Now there was no excuse so I sent the cherished tape to Sotone to have it transferred.
My cassette copy was duped from Allen's cassette copy which he recorded from the master tape so my tape was second generation cassette. Hardly the absolute in terms of quality. But Sotone was able to extract every last bit that little cassette of mine had to offer and given the inherent limitations, it sounds fantastic.
Allen passed away before the Internet came on the scene (we came to know each other on a popular dial-up computer bulletin board system I was technical director for, The Audiophile Network) and I'm sure that rather than his bit of fun being lost to the world, he'd like to see it shared with others.
So without any further ado, and with very special thanks to Sotone Recordings, here it is, Allen's Country Staar-Way to Heav'n:
(it was transferred to full resolution 16/44 but to save bandwidth, this is the 320k MP3 version)
Rest in peace my friend.
(Allen's graphic "signature" from the cassette liner)
Edited by Steve Eddy - 12/4/12 at 7:37pmpost #49 of 8012/5/12 at 2:57amThread StarterThat's a lovely story.
I'm not normally a fan of country - but this one brought a big smile to my face. Knowing the story behind it and imagining Allen doing all the various tracks - and having fun in an empty recording studio by himself late one night - well, that makes it all the more enjoyable.
Thanks for sharing the track, and the memory.
DCpost #50 of 8012/5/12 at 11:01am
Thank you, Pudu.
Can't say I'm any sort of country fan either (though there's usually at least something in most every genre that I like) but in the right context and in just the right dose, it can be entertaining.
sepost #51 of 8012/6/12 at 4:37amThread StarterThat might be the only country track that's ever brightened my day.
On the other hand, some French silk has been making me smile for the past week or so.
Though I'm thinking I should have gone with the red/green interweave.
Edited by Pudu - 12/6/12 at 6:45ampost #52 of 8012/6/12 at 8:45ampost #53 of 8012/6/12 at 8:56amThread Starterpost #54 of 8012/13/12 at 7:45pmpost #55 of 8012/13/12 at 7:52pmThread Starterpost #56 of 8012/21/12 at 4:49pmpost #57 of 8012/21/12 at 4:53pmQuote:
Steve "Q" Eddy might drive a Viper ...
I was talking about Steve "Red Green" Smith
He's not exactly his TV persona in real lifepost #58 of 8012/21/12 at 9:37pmThread StarterYes I understood you meant Mr. Smith - which is what makes the image enjoyable.
As far as I know, from my ill founded preconception of Mr. S Eddy, he drives around town in one of these:post #59 of 8012/21/12 at 11:32pmpost #60 of 8012/22/12 at 6:47am
Recently purchased my Q cable from Steve (was emailing you about my L/R mix up problems) and can vouch for its quality. So much more comfortable and durable than the stock cables. Thanks again Steve!Return Home
- New Q French Silk Cable
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 30 seconds ago
- › Help me chose closed over the ear headphones in between 100-200$ 1 minute ago
- › Vsonic VSD2 / VSD2S and AN16 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › How do yo format the micro SD card for x3ii? 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X Discussion Thread (Formerly A-900X Review) 2 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 2 minutes ago
- › Old 'phones: Koss Pro-4a. Anyone have any info? 3 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Unilet Blue Murder Sale 2015 6 minutes ago
- › 2015 vsonic iem lineup VSD2, VSD7, VSD9 7 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DreamKing
- › Riva TurboX High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Black) by twister6
- › Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable... by Stereocilia
- › Aurorasound HEADA Balanced Headphone Amplifier by Currawong
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by bearcat1986
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by YoYo JoKeR
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 by MrJohnny
- › Shure SE112m+-GR Sound Isolating Earphones with Remote + Microphone... by pformagg
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2