silky hair cable please
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/30/14 at 9:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Magic wire. Last post on 7/6/12 at 10:05am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Audeze---Alternative to Stock Cables Last post on 4/7/13 at 11:47pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Re-cabling Headphones - What's the deal? Last post on 11/17/13 at 9:00pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
Hi End Cables
Last edited: 1/8/12
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
After picking these up from the Sony Store about a year ago, I can say that these are definitely not worth the $350-$400 price tag. Luckily, I picked them up for around $180 and to me, this seems...
First of all the reason I rate the SE215 5/5* is primarily because of the value it presents under the $100 mark. You will be extremely hard pressed to find a pair of IEMs at this price considering...
I'm all about best use on a budget for a specific person and lifestyle. In my case, the Jaybird Bluebud X's were fantastic. You can check out my review on head fi here, but I also have an older...
SENNHEISER URBANITE XL REVIEW Full sized headphones haven't been part of my usage options for quite some time now. I used to own a Sony MDR-1R but despite the excellent comfort and decent sound my...
HiFiMAN RE-300a and RE-300h Quick Review Thanks to HiFiMAN for the samples. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/752969/hifiman-re-300a-and-re-300h-review-by-mark2410 Brief: ...
New Q French Silk Cable - Page 4
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #47 of 7812/4/12 at 5:45pm
French Silk cable for my LCD-3 arrived yesterday. It's 3m - light weight and beautifully made. Keeping it at the office this week listening to our 2012 Santa Fe Chamber Music radio broadcast series with ALO PanAm.post #48 of 7812/4/12 at 7:35pm
Thank you for the kind words.
And if I may, I'd like to say some in return.
During the course of this cable sale, I came to learn that Sotone, in addition to his many other talents, heads up Sotone Recordings (http://www.sotone.com/). Sotone offers up a catalog of historical recordings as well as providing LP and tape transfer services.
Quite some years ago, a dear late friend of mine, Allen Greenblatt, who was a professional studio musician had the studio to himself one night and just for fun laid down a short, "countryfied" tribute to Led Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven, all the instruments and vocals performed by him through the magic of multitrack recording.
Back in 1991 Allen sent me a copy of it on cassette. However it's been many years since I've owned a cassette deck and the tape has been sitting in my desk drawer ever since. I'd had thoughts of having it transferred to digital a number of times but for one reason or other never got around to it. Now there was no excuse so I sent the cherished tape to Sotone to have it transferred.
My cassette copy was duped from Allen's cassette copy which he recorded from the master tape so my tape was second generation cassette. Hardly the absolute in terms of quality. But Sotone was able to extract every last bit that little cassette of mine had to offer and given the inherent limitations, it sounds fantastic.
Allen passed away before the Internet came on the scene (we came to know each other on a popular dial-up computer bulletin board system I was technical director for, The Audiophile Network) and I'm sure that rather than his bit of fun being lost to the world, he'd like to see it shared with others.
So without any further ado, and with very special thanks to Sotone Recordings, here it is, Allen's Country Staar-Way to Heav'n:
(it was transferred to full resolution 16/44 but to save bandwidth, this is the 320k MP3 version)
Rest in peace my friend.
(Allen's graphic "signature" from the cassette liner)
Edited by Steve Eddy - 12/4/12 at 7:37pmpost #49 of 7812/5/12 at 2:57amThread StarterThat's a lovely story.
I'm not normally a fan of country - but this one brought a big smile to my face. Knowing the story behind it and imagining Allen doing all the various tracks - and having fun in an empty recording studio by himself late one night - well, that makes it all the more enjoyable.
Thanks for sharing the track, and the memory.
DCpost #50 of 7812/5/12 at 11:01am
Thank you, Pudu.
Can't say I'm any sort of country fan either (though there's usually at least something in most every genre that I like) but in the right context and in just the right dose, it can be entertaining.
sepost #51 of 7812/6/12 at 4:37amThread StarterThat might be the only country track that's ever brightened my day.
On the other hand, some French silk has been making me smile for the past week or so.
Though I'm thinking I should have gone with the red/green interweave.
Edited by Pudu - 12/6/12 at 6:45ampost #52 of 7812/6/12 at 8:45ampost #53 of 7812/6/12 at 8:56amThread Starterpost #54 of 7812/13/12 at 7:45pmpost #55 of 7812/13/12 at 7:52pmThread Starterpost #56 of 7812/21/12 at 4:49pmpost #57 of 7812/21/12 at 4:53pmQuote:
Steve "Q" Eddy might drive a Viper ...
I was talking about Steve "Red Green" Smith
He's not exactly his TV persona in real lifepost #58 of 7812/21/12 at 9:37pmThread StarterYes I understood you meant Mr. Smith - which is what makes the image enjoyable.
As far as I know, from my ill founded preconception of Mr. S Eddy, he drives around town in one of these:post #59 of 7812/21/12 at 11:32pmpost #60 of 7812/22/12 at 6:47am
Recently purchased my Q cable from Steve (was emailing you about my L/R mix up problems) and can vouch for its quality. So much more comfortable and durable than the stock cables. Thanks again Steve!Return Home
- New Q French Silk Cable
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › Noob with a question 4 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 34 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › Testing the claim: "I can hear differences between lossless formats." 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for £50 (amazon UK only) over ear headphones any... 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Jay Z To Buy Tidal For $56M? 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH 840 vs denon adh2000 vs demon adh600 vs Ath-50x 5 minutes ago
- › Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi... 5 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by mark2410
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by DJScope
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by CJ09
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by ActiveTechREV
- › Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 Plus DAC by lalojimenez
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3