There is no "hardware issue" with TE8802 , there is an driver issue depending on many things , not all user will have problem some only , and it's a minority . But even if it's a minority there is many complaining about it , enough to switch to "usb 32"
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-gd NFB 12tagged by System, 6/13/12
- productAudio-gd NFB-17tagged by System, 6/13/12
- productAudio-gd Reference-10tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productAudio-gd Reference 5tagged by System, 6/13/12
- productAudio-gd Reference 8tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productAudio-gd Reference 9tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productAudio-gd Reference Onetagged by System, 2/28/13
- categoryDACstagged by System, 6/13/12
- categoryDedicated Source Componentstagged by System, 6/13/12
- productReference Seventagged by System, 6/13/12More
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 6/13/12
- productWyred4Sound µDACtagged by System, 6/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Audio-gd Reference 7.1 vs Violectric v800 Last post on 9/4/12 at 7:38am in Dedicated Source Components
- Audio-Gd Reference 10 Last post on 11/8/16 at 7:53am in Dedicated Source Components
- Audio-GD Reference 5.32 vs NFB17.32 Last post on 12/6/13 at 6:00am in Dedicated Source Components
- Differences between Audio-gd "Reference 5.32" and "SA-1.32"? Last post on 10/23/12 at 11:47pm in Dedicated Source Components
- IC: Audio-gd Reference 1 (OPT + COAX) Last post on 7/8/14 at 10:37am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can give an...
Lately, it seems that I’ve found myself more and more frequently using high power requirement cans on the go. The downside with that is that my phone & likely not even my DAP has enough juice...
My preferred sound signature: A bit bass heavy, forward mids, and neutral treble. Love high detailed and clear sound. *All critical listening is done using a Chord Mojo* In almost every...
Audio-GD Reference 5.2 (New Balanced 4x PCM1704UK DAC) - Page 13post #181 of 2979/25/12 at 4:17am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #182 of 2979/25/12 at 4:28amQuote:
Why not take it offline and not offer the product until the issue is resolved or until a new product is tested and produced.
It doesn't really matter if it's the minority or not. It's still a potential issue for any new adopter of this product.
As a new customer I'll stay as far away from this as possible until I see a resolution or a new product.post #183 of 2979/25/12 at 5:19am
Hum When Audio GD released TE8802 based products they had done numerous test on various computers , and TE8802 was used in other brand before Audio GD like for the ILTW DAC from Firestone Audio (taiwan) they have been using TE8802 , almost one year before Audio GD etc .
Audio GD hardware Djob on TE8802 is done , and supposedly well done . But for some their is driver problem , and Audio GD can't help about it , they can just advice "to Wait for tenor ... " i don't think that probems popped out directly it grew up slowly
Now they switched to USB32 that seams more mature for the driver side but you will see .
Custom Drivers can be riskypost #184 of 2979/25/12 at 8:04amthough the users who had the tenor issues were very vocal, I never got the impression that many people (percentage wise) had any issues at all. It could have been issues with thier computers for all anyone knows. Plus you can just use the DI as a coax reclocker which is what I wanted it for. I just ignore USB all together and don't have to deal with any of these issues.post #185 of 2979/26/12 at 11:21ampost #186 of 2979/28/12 at 8:53pm
This is the note I got from Kingwa about upgrading my 5.2:
"We will offer the upgrade for users, for the Reference 5.2 ,users even without solder can replace the USB input.
But now we wish can sale more gears and get more users feedback to confirm the driver have not matter.
Do you mind waiting some days for the driver confirm?"
I have mixed success with my current tenor chip...
post #187 of 29710/16/12 at 6:39am
I bought a USB32 board for my 5.2. I removed the TE8802 drivers from my PC, installed the board, down loaded the USB32 drivers (but did not install), plugged in the DAC (USB), but PC does not detect the DAC. Drivers fail to install.
Anyone done this successfully?
post #188 of 29710/16/12 at 8:22ampost #189 of 29710/17/12 at 7:34pm
Yes, the cable is connected correctly.
Chip is installed as received. How would I know which way is correct?
Tried a different USB cable with no luck. TE8802 works fine with both cables.
Edited by stoutblock - 10/17/12 at 8:02pmpost #190 of 29710/18/12 at 6:15amQuote:
Which cable did you use to connect the usb-32? Mine came with a cable that was 'cross' wired compared to the original cable in the dac. Using the cable that came with the usb-32 it didn't work, while it works perfectly fine with the dac's original cable (the one the TE8802 was connected with).post #191 of 29710/18/12 at 7:41ampost #192 of 29710/18/12 at 9:26am
I did not suggest that chip was installed in wrong direction. If this would be so - the chip would be killed in a few seconds after power on.
I suggested to "check whether USB firmware chip is seated properly in the socket" - which simplified read as: "While NFB-11.32 is not powered on, carefully push USB firmware chip with one finger into the socket where it resides.". There is a possibility that chip has weak contact with the socket due to mechanical shipping stress.
BTW, proper installation direction of the USB firmware chip in NFB-11.32:post #193 of 29710/18/12 at 9:32am
...also - the good quality looking USB cable that came with my NFB-11.32 had certain connector (mis)tolerance problem(s) which caused that computer was not properly detecting USB-32 interface or USB-32 was abruptly disconnected from the computer after slighest movement of the computer, cable or NFB-11.32.
Worth (re)checking.post #194 of 29710/18/12 at 10:38am
I don't know which of the two is cross-wired, but one of the connectors is mounted on the cable the other way around compared to the original... I don't know if this was accidental and I got the wrong cable, or if this is always the case.
Edited by jrjhoe - 10/18/12 at 10:40ampost #195 of 29710/19/12 at 10:56amQuote:Originally Posted by jrjhoe
Which cable did you use to connect the usb-32? Mine came with a cable that was 'cross' wired compared to the original cable in the dac. Using the cable that came with the usb-32 it didn't work, while it works perfectly fine with the dac's original cable (the one the TE8802 was connected with).
Bingo! Cable that comes with the USB-32 board has the pins connected in the opposite sequence on one end compared with the TE8802 cable. Don't know if this is an error or if the cable is for another application? In any case, using the original cable the DAC now sounds perfect with absolutely no latency problems running on my little ASUS EeePC. Now I have Reference 5.32
Edited by stoutblock - 10/19/12 at 11:26am
- Audio-GD Reference 5.2 (New Balanced 4x PCM1704UK DAC)
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 seconds ago
- › New Release----Mixcder Wired Earbuds X5 Tests and Reviews Start now 16 seconds ago
- › 64 Audio | apex | tia 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Teac UD 503 DAC (2015 New Release, DXD, DSD256) 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Neo Pre-Launch Worldwide Review Tour - Registrations Closed 5 minutes ago
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 6 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear