- 2,996 Posts. Joined 10/2003
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAtrio MG7 Pro RED (010-049) -tagged by System, 6/12/12
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 6/12/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CKS77BK Solid Bass In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/12/12
- productFischer Audio Eternatagged by System, 6/12/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/12/12
- productHiSoundAudio Popotagged by System, 6/12/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/12/12
- productUltimate Ears SuperFi 5 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 6/12/12
- productYamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphonestagged by System, 6/12/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best IEMS for hiphop? Last post on 9/12/12 at 9:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Rap, Trance, Eurodance, pop, electronic <= ($150-$170) Last post on 8/9/12 at 2:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Do you jog with In Ear monitors ? Last post on 8/18/12 at 1:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On the search for Quality IEM's Last post on 7/19/12 at 4:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Search goes on: Today, the smoothest, non fatiguing in ear, little sub bass rumble, under 150 $ Last post on 7/30/12 at 8:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Undoubtedly, one of the biggest influences on the audio market was the invention of the operational amplifiers. Compact and inexpensive (mostly) chips allowed to create small and well sounding...
The F7200 is a single balanced armature in ear moniter from the Japanese company Final. Final have been in business since 1974 and in my opinion make some retro looking IEM and full size...
The Denon AH C250 - it's like a pretty gold ring that doesn't fit every finger. Yes, it's good. Quite good. Yet the likability is highly dependant on what it's best at and what it...
I was lucky enough to get a pair of the T20 from a friend for a low price (less than half the retail price). Even Though I managed to get it at such a low cost this wasn't taken into fact when...
Ampsandsound Agartha: Silken Simplicity Reviewed by: Dillan (Photo source: ampsandsound.com) Introduction Tube amplifiers are a real hard thing to get right. Some people...
Looking to buy Sub ~$200 AUD Bassy IEMs - Page 2post #16 of 306/12/12 at 1:14pmI wonder how the Audiofly IEMs are priced in Australia. Audiofly is an Australian company.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 306/12/12 at 1:14pmpost #18 of 306/12/12 at 5:55pmQuote:
They come with five different size tips and feel no different to me than wearing a normal IEM besides a slightl deeper insertion, It looks big but in real form that's because the housing is really really small. As you can see the housing assembly is not much thicker than the nozel. If normal IEM's fit you these will as well.
Here's a photo of the nozel.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 6/12/12 at 6:05pmpost #19 of 306/17/12 at 12:52amThread Starter
Thanks for clarifying that mate, I'm currently Searching around trying to find some in Aus so far these two are the only sites that i've found that stock the iems. Which one would you choose? :/
post #20 of 306/17/12 at 12:56am
Well exeltek is on back order until July I have heard? At the $99 they're asking they want $10 shipping on top with none in stock. Where as gimmiedigi has them in stock now with free standard postage at $131. I think I'd be taking gimmiedigi mate.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 6/17/12 at 12:57ampost #21 of 306/17/12 at 8:49ampost #22 of 306/17/12 at 6:22pm
I would suggest the JVC FX101. There is a massive thread here: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/newestpost/586909 Dsnuts says they are better than Atrios! If you can wait, as I'm waiting for the FX101 to be shipped to me, I'll tell you how they compare to my ASG-1, which have a thick bass that goes low and hits pretty hard. Actually if you can stretch your budget a bit I would say consider the ASG-1!post #23 of 306/18/12 at 12:47amThread Starterpost #24 of 306/19/12 at 8:48pm
I did a quick burn in of the FX101 after getting them. They aren't as nice as my ASG-1, no surprise. But the bass has more impact! Amazing quantity, though not quality bass. I think if you want really LOVE bass quantity, these are really amazing. Of course I can only say this after A/B, if you don't have any nicer equipment the FX101 will sound very good! They are great and an easy basshead recommendation.post #25 of 306/20/12 at 6:14amThread Starterpost #26 of 306/22/12 at 8:45amThread Starterpost #27 of 306/23/12 at 3:54pmI would wait for next week to see what Australia's own [=www.audiofly.com]Audiofly[/] is going to see for internal. There is also this thread [=http://www.head-fi.org/t/607006/the-new-ath-ckm500-the-best-ckm-earphone-yet]ATH-CKM500[/] the threadmongers on that one really love what they are hearing for about $80AUD shipped from Japan.
Me, I am going to wait for the AF to hit - looking at their hybrid DA + BA combo which is looking at shifting for $200US so we should see it shipped for that in AUD.
Wormwoodpost #28 of 306/23/12 at 4:24pm
I think LordWormwood has made some good suggestions, based from what I've read on the forums.
This is the seller I bought my FX101 from: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/bestgood88-electronic/JVC-/_i.html?_fsub=3166636016&_sid=117452096&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322post #29 of 306/23/12 at 6:28pmQuote:
Last time I checked on this thread you were going to make the purchase.
If you're willing to wait on shipping times order through Audio Affair.
http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/Yamaha-EPH100-Earphones/product_5924post #30 of 306/24/12 at 1:56amQuote:Originally Posted by iMech
thanks h20 ive read a few of your posts i wrote this at 2am sorry if its unclear i use the audio technica ath ad700s for gaming im looking at getting iems for more fun music and such on my galaxy s2 i was looking at atrio but from whats been said ive steered away im really looking at a fairly largr ammount of bass and with as much detail as i can get . sorry for any typos replying from my phone.
forgot to add that i am from Adelaide .
The FX101 are pretty bassy but the CKS77 are way ahead in terms of quantity and quality, the mids and high are excellent for a true basshead IEM.
There's a CKS77 thread if you're interesteds : http://www.head-fi.org/t/604094/the-ath-cks77-big-roomy-detailed-balanced-n-i-am-not-just-talking-about-the-bass/1200Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking to buy Sub ~$200 AUD Bassy IEMs
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 6 seconds ago
- › The earphone game just got a lot more SIRIUS. The new five driver... 9 seconds ago
- › Life after Yggdrasil? 59 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80-Ohm Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser debuts a bunch of new headphones at IFA 1 minute ago
- › FLC 8S Hybrid IEM (Red) 2 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Denon Music Maniac In-Ear Headphones (AH-C250) by redeyeguy
- › RHA T20 by RaoulRutnam
- › ampsandsound Agartha Single-Ended Amplifier by Dillan
- › audio-technica ATH-A550Z Art-Monitor Headphones by rickyday
- › Advanced Sound by gprs007
- › iBasso IT03 by jon parker
- › Arcam irDAC-II - DAC, Headphone Amp, Bluetooth Streamer by crabdog
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...