- 1,753 Posts. Joined 10/2003
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAtrio MG7 Pro RED (010-049) -tagged by System, 6/12/12
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 6/12/12
- productAudio-Technica Solid Bass In-Ear Headphone (ATH-CKS77BK)tagged by System, 6/12/12
- productFischer Audio Eternatagged by System, 6/12/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/12/12
- productHisoundaudio Popotagged by System, 6/12/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/12/12
- productUltimate Ears SuperFi 5 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 6/12/12
- productYamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/12/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best IEMS for hiphop? Last post on 9/12/12 at 9:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Rap, Trance, Eurodance, pop, electronic <= ($150-$170) Last post on 8/9/12 at 2:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Do you jog with In Ear monitors ? Last post on 8/18/12 at 1:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On the search for Quality IEM's Last post on 7/19/12 at 4:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Search goes on: Today, the smoothest, non fatiguing in ear, little sub bass rumble, under 150 $ Last post on 7/30/12 at 8:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
My first in-ear headphone. Always thought they couldn't be any good compared to the over-ear headphones. I was wrong. The looks are a matter of taste, so I keep that in the middle for a...
Looking to buy Sub ~$200 AUD Bassy IEMs - Page 2post #16 of 306/12/12 at 1:14pmI wonder how the Audiofly IEMs are priced in Australia. Audiofly is an Australian company.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 306/12/12 at 1:14pmpost #18 of 306/12/12 at 5:55pmQuote:
They come with five different size tips and feel no different to me than wearing a normal IEM besides a slightl deeper insertion, It looks big but in real form that's because the housing is really really small. As you can see the housing assembly is not much thicker than the nozel. If normal IEM's fit you these will as well.
Here's a photo of the nozel.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 6/12/12 at 6:05pmpost #19 of 306/17/12 at 12:52amThread Starter
Thanks for clarifying that mate, I'm currently Searching around trying to find some in Aus so far these two are the only sites that i've found that stock the iems. Which one would you choose? :/
post #20 of 306/17/12 at 12:56am
Well exeltek is on back order until July I have heard? At the $99 they're asking they want $10 shipping on top with none in stock. Where as gimmiedigi has them in stock now with free standard postage at $131. I think I'd be taking gimmiedigi mate.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 6/17/12 at 12:57ampost #21 of 306/17/12 at 8:49ampost #22 of 306/17/12 at 6:22pm
I would suggest the JVC FX101. There is a massive thread here: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/newestpost/586909 Dsnuts says they are better than Atrios! If you can wait, as I'm waiting for the FX101 to be shipped to me, I'll tell you how they compare to my ASG-1, which have a thick bass that goes low and hits pretty hard. Actually if you can stretch your budget a bit I would say consider the ASG-1!post #23 of 306/18/12 at 12:47amThread Starterpost #24 of 306/19/12 at 8:48pm
I did a quick burn in of the FX101 after getting them. They aren't as nice as my ASG-1, no surprise. But the bass has more impact! Amazing quantity, though not quality bass. I think if you want really LOVE bass quantity, these are really amazing. Of course I can only say this after A/B, if you don't have any nicer equipment the FX101 will sound very good! They are great and an easy basshead recommendation.post #25 of 306/20/12 at 6:14amThread Starterpost #26 of 306/22/12 at 8:45amThread Starterpost #27 of 306/23/12 at 3:54pmI would wait for next week to see what Australia's own [=www.audiofly.com]Audiofly[/] is going to see for internal. There is also this thread [=http://www.head-fi.org/t/607006/the-new-ath-ckm500-the-best-ckm-earphone-yet]ATH-CKM500[/] the threadmongers on that one really love what they are hearing for about $80AUD shipped from Japan.
Me, I am going to wait for the AF to hit - looking at their hybrid DA + BA combo which is looking at shifting for $200US so we should see it shipped for that in AUD.
Wormwoodpost #28 of 306/23/12 at 4:24pm
I think LordWormwood has made some good suggestions, based from what I've read on the forums.
This is the seller I bought my FX101 from: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/bestgood88-electronic/JVC-/_i.html?_fsub=3166636016&_sid=117452096&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322post #29 of 306/23/12 at 6:28pmQuote:
Last time I checked on this thread you were going to make the purchase.
If you're willing to wait on shipping times order through Audio Affair.
http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/Yamaha-EPH100-Earphones/product_5924post #30 of 306/24/12 at 1:56amQuote:Originally Posted by iMech
thanks h20 ive read a few of your posts i wrote this at 2am sorry if its unclear i use the audio technica ath ad700s for gaming im looking at getting iems for more fun music and such on my galaxy s2 i was looking at atrio but from whats been said ive steered away im really looking at a fairly largr ammount of bass and with as much detail as i can get . sorry for any typos replying from my phone.
forgot to add that i am from Adelaide .
The FX101 are pretty bassy but the CKS77 are way ahead in terms of quantity and quality, the mids and high are excellent for a true basshead IEM.
There's a CKS77 thread if you're interesteds : http://www.head-fi.org/t/604094/the-ath-cks77-big-roomy-detailed-balanced-n-i-am-not-just-talking-about-the-bass/1200Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking to buy Sub ~$200 AUD Bassy IEMs
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 31 seconds ago
- › Equalizer settings not functioning properly 1 minute ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › HM-901 + Balanced & IEM amp cards + 128GB Card +Forza balanced IEM... 3 minutes ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 6 minutes ago
- › Influence of cold/analytic DAC/AMP on warm sounding cans 7 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi