Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Looking for good quality sweet sounding IEMs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Looking for good quality sweet sounding IEMs - Page 2

post #16 of 21
Unfortunately it is pretty much the same for most of the terms we use to describe sound. How high and where does a peak in treble that we define brightness? How low and how much in bass do we say it is deep? We can probably try to quantify them, but the difficult part, as you has shown, is to have everyone agrees on the same definition. But to me, the key is really not to discuss terms as in absolute, but to understand we can all hear the same sound and 'see' the same general idea while not arguing over the fine detail.
post #17 of 21

For $150 the vsonic GR07, for $200 the TDK 200 & for much more the westone 4 or Earsonics SM3 are my votes.

post #18 of 21

Hm I understand what youre saying. But I think Im saying something a bit different. Terms such as mid centric and bright have a definition of what theyre supposed to be. Of course it will be subjective and relative to what you hear, but there is something you are listening for. A term such as 'sweet' is completely ambiguous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post

Unfortunately it is pretty much the same for most of the terms we use to describe sound. How high and where does a peak in treble that we define brightness? How low and how much in bass do we say it is deep? We can probably try to quantify them, but the difficult part, as you has shown, is to have everyone agrees on the same definition. But to me, the key is really not to discuss terms as in absolute, but to understand we can all hear the same sound and 'see' the same general idea while not arguing over the fine detail.
post #19 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephKim View Post

Hm I understand what youre saying. But I think Im saying something a bit different. Terms such as mid centric and bright have a definition of what theyre supposed to be. Of course it will be subjective and relative to what you hear, but there is something you are listening for. A term such as 'sweet' is completely ambiguous.

 

+1, we define things so they loose their subjectivity so we know what to listen for.  Sweet is one of the words I never really understood though (where it came from, how it's derived).  It is what it is though, sweetness (from what I can take from it) points towards the vocals (and midrange, but mainly vocals) and puts them front and center.  My friend called it "shallow" which makes sense as well (shallow being not deep/recessed into the background, forward and upfront).

post #20 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albinoni View Post

I am looking for a good quality and sweets sounding IEM's to purchase, I dont listen to rapp, hip hop but more so classical, rock, vocals etc. I plan to use these with a headphone amp (cmoy).

 

Basically what I am looking for:

 

1. Something with good low and high ends

 

2. Nice sweet sound

 

3. Comfortable

 

4. Value for money ?

 

Some brands I am looking at:

 

1. Monster Turbines (not sure which ones though)

 

2. Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10

 

3. Klipsch S4 reference

 

I'm not entirely sure if sweet is the right term here in any case. Warm+sweet maybe? Balanced?

post #21 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnullify View Post

 

I'm not entirely sure if sweet is the right term here in any case. Warm+sweet maybe? Balanced?

 

YOu make a good point.  Sweet generally does roll off the highs.  However, the specific term of sweet (dealing with the vocals, and some midrange) doens't require this.  I do consider something like an Etymotic sweet (vocals).  Warm and sweet may be closer to what the OP wants though, which is why I recommended the A161s.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Looking for good quality sweet sounding IEMs