- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 6/12/12
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 6/12/12
- productGrado RS1i Reference Series Headphonestagged by System, 6/12/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/12/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/12/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 6/12/12
- brandSophia Globaltagged by System, 6/12/12
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 6/12/12
Related Forum Threads
- Do I buy Beyerdynamic T1 or Hifiman HE500 as upgrade solution to my current HD650/K701 combo? Last post on 10/26/13 at 2:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800, T1 or LCD-2 on a small system Last post on 5/27/12 at 7:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Just ordered Woo6SE. Now I need a recommendation for cans Last post on 6/30/12 at 4:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Only had my Sennheiser Hd-800's for 3 hours and wife is yelling at me:( help!- Need advice... Last post on 8/4/11 at 11:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Leben CS600 in DC area -- anyone with LCD2, T1, GS1000, HD800, 702 who wants to listen? Last post on 2/20/15 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
This review is for the Ubsound Fighters, let me introduce myself before I get started. My name is Adam I am 38 years old and have been into audio equipment since I was in high school. In the past 2...
Introduction: One of my favorite part of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
The H10 from Gustard is the best solid state amplifier I've heard that retails for under $500. It's better than most that retail for under $1000. This thing deserves a quality review so here it...
PreIntroduction: I am in no way affiliated or work for Aune. For this review, the Aune B1 has been provided to me as a review sample by Aune, as one of the 10 review samples sent out to...
Note: Review was done with a sample provided by DUNU-Topsound. For a more complete picture, please visit the dedicated thread for the DUNU DN-2000J (here). The DN-2000J is a classically...
Woo Audio wa6se and headphone synergy - Page 3post #31 of 739/13/12 at 3:31am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 739/13/12 at 3:38ampost #33 of 739/13/12 at 3:51ampost #34 of 739/13/12 at 4:47pmQuote:
I'm using stock tubes with the sophia princess. You'll get the stock tubes with your order too i believe so when you get a chance let me know how they compare. Oh yeah don't forget to buy a power cable to go with your amp. I made the mistake of not buying one till after i received the amp. I'd recommend one by audioquest or Toxic cables.post #35 of 739/13/12 at 6:14pm
WA6-SE with HD 650, D7000 and LCD-2 (both rev. 1 and rev. 2) are all great, using Grace Design m903 as a DAC. I listen to a lot of electronica, dubstep, techno ... I prefer somewhere in between warm and neutral sound.
I have not tried many tubes yet, but I've found Audeze LCD-2 r.1 and the standard Shuguang 274B rectifier with a pair of GE 6DE7 driver tubes (skinny bottle) to sound absolutely phenomenal. It's hard to get to bed once you have that contraption wired up.post #36 of 739/13/12 at 11:29pm
My WA6se will be coming with the Princess Mesh rectifier and the 6GL7/6DE7 tube upgrade. I don't believe the stock tubes will be included but I'm not sure about that. I'll be connecting the amp to an Oppo 95 using the stereo analog connections so the set-up will utilize the 95's Sabre DAC. The Oppo will be here today. I now have an Oppo -93. I'm looking forward to comparing the audio of the 2 Blu-ray players. Right now I'm using a Beyerdynamic A1 solid state amp. I'll have a lot of comparisons to make between my present set-up, the Oppo-95, and then with the WA6se vs. Beyer A1. Should be fun.
I am interested in IrishSammy's recommendation of the NOS Sylvania 6Ld7 and NOS Jan 5931 for bright cans. I own some Beyers and will be interested in the difference in soundstage in using these tubes. Thanks for the recommendation Sammy!
I'm also interested in hearing how well the WA6se drives a pair of HiFiMan He-500's. They are not broken it yet (have them burning in since Thursday morning). The WA6se does output 2ooo mv at 32 ohms and the Beyer ... 150 mv at 30 ohms. Huge difference in output power. I asked Jack and he said his amp would drive it beautifully. The Beyer seems to struggle in my ears.
Edited by Parula - 9/13/12 at 11:37pmpost #37 of 739/13/12 at 11:38pmQuote:"WA6-SE with HD 650, D7000 and LCD-2 (both rev. 1 and rev. 2) are all great, using Grace Design m903 as a DAC. I listen to a lot of electronica, dubstep, techno ... I prefer somewhere in between warm and neutral sound."
I have read that the 650 is a great pairing with the WA6sepost #38 of 739/13/12 at 11:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by Rawdawg3234
I'm using stock tubes with the sophia princess. You'll get the stock tubes with your order too i believe so when you get a chance let me know how they compare. Oh yeah don't forget to buy a power cable to go with your amp. I made the mistake of not buying one till after i received the amp. I'd recommend one by audioquest or Toxic cables.
I purchased a cheap 14 guage power cable ... Tripp brand. If I have a problem with it, I'll check out AudioQuest. In fact, my interconnects are a semi-high end Audioquest cable.post #39 of 739/14/12 at 3:40ampost #40 of 739/14/12 at 3:44amThe 650s are a great pairing with the wa6se. Let's be honest though. If you're buying this amp then you're planning on buying a pair of top-tier headphones. I use my 650s now if someone else wants to listen to my rig.post #41 of 739/14/12 at 3:58am
That name rings a bell. They're a metallic looking red and black weave with red terminals. Hey, how do you guys feel about using line conditioners/ power surge units? I've read conflicting reports ... some saying that a conditioner will degrade the signal and sound of one's amp.post #42 of 739/14/12 at 4:02amQuote:
Ok ... I'll be honest but I'm kinda embarassed ... I already own 7 pairs from HD-800 to PS-1000 to M-50's and some Beyers but not yet the T1. My most recent is the He-500. (I don't like the new wiring. The jacket is hard and sometimes rubs against an object. The sound is picked up by the drivers.) My next may be the HD-650. I like the reviews I've seen. I think it's fun using a different set of headphones each day.post #43 of 739/14/12 at 4:08amQuote:Ha ha. Don't be embarrassed. You're among friends. We all love our headphones.Originally Posted by Parula
Ok ... I'll be honest but I'm kinda embarassed ... I already own 7 pairs from HD-800 to PS-1000 to M-50's and some Beyers but not yet the T1. My most recent is the He-500. (I don't like the new wiring. The jacket is hard and sometimes rubs against an object. The sound is picked up by the drivers.) My next may be the HD-650. I like the reviews I've seen. I think it's fun using a different set of headphones each day.
The 650s are a great headphone but I'd recommend the Ultrasone pro 2900s. They are a little cheaper but I feel they are much more livelypost #44 of 739/14/12 at 4:10amQuote:Those would be the king cobras yes. Excellent interconnect before going high end in my opinion.Originally Posted by Parula
That name rings a bell. They're a metallic looking red and black weave with red terminals. Hey, how do you guys feel about using line conditioners/ power surge units? I've read conflicting reports ... some saying that a conditioner will degrade the signal and sound of one's amp.post #45 of 739/14/12 at 4:11am
In the Blu-ray and AVS forums there's a lot of controversy concerning cables and if they REALLY make a difference or not. Many recommend Monoprice or Blue Jean Cable and suggest that expensive cables are a gimmick.
- Woo Audio wa6se and headphone synergy
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 33 seconds ago
- › New Stoner Acoustics Ruby Portable Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 3 minutes ago
- › Mjolnir Audio electrostatic amps 3 minutes ago
- › Beresford Capella Impressions & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 5 minutes ago
- › Alclair RSM Quad Custom In-Ear Monitor Impressions Thread [ These... 6 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 7 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 7 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Tube Rolling Guide 6SN7/6AS7G/6080/5998 8 minutes ago
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A Stage Headphone Amplifier by JoeDoe
- › Aune B1 by avitron142
- › DUNU DN-2000J by tomscy2000
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by GrindedDown
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by ElMarcado
- › Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI Headphones by ItsMeHere
- › T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM by Peter West
- › AUSDOM M06 Over-ear Stereo Bluetooth Headphones Wireless + Wired... by Hisoundfi
- › Transforming Our Society through...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)