I keep trying to get a BHA-1 but no luck so far. And those that have heard both won't talk. Sigh.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Burson HA160 vs SPL Auditor Last post on 8/17/11 at 8:35pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- REVIEW : Burson Audio HA-160 with listening impressions Last post on 12/2/13 at 7:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- D7000, decision... Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:02pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Burson HA-160 users: What are your favorite cans? Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Is the Beyerdynamic A1 Headphone Amplifier worth the $750 price tag, today? Last post on 7/15/13 at 5:42am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
- Headphone Impedance
burson new soloist headphone amp - Page 50
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
But I no longer have access to a Soloist :-(
I saw some reports that were critical of the circuit design used in the BHA-1. Nevertheless it is a competitor and a worthwhile comparison. Hopefully someone will be able to compare these two at some point soon and be willing to talk. Having said that, if one was clearly better than the other I suspect we would have heard from someone by now.
Terrible pun aborted.
In other news... Still think the Soloist is the best solid state amp in production. I reserve to change my mind when my B22 and GS-X arrive. Though having had a balanced B22 and single ended GS-1 before... I expect them to lose.
Joy of being an audiophile /facepalm
The three are voiced similar but as you move from WA22 to B22 you gain a little control and the sound stage is less 3 blob and spread out. Moving from the B22 to the Soloist cranks up the clarity and stage focus. Also better extension into the sub bass. I haven't heard a better solid state amp yet. And while I preferred the Peak with the LCD-2/3, with the HD800 the Soloist is awesome.
You prefer Soloist to the legendary b22, that speaks a lot for Soloist. Makes me want b22 a little less.
How about vocals details, breadth, air? especially female on wa22, b22 and Soloist?
Same as above. Air, details and breath scale up as you go WA22 to B22 to Soloist. The B22 isn't bad it's just different. Staging makes things larger and less specific on the B22. Some may prefer that to the Soloist laser focused staging. Detail wise the Soloist is again sharper where the B22 is as detailed but either because its faster or has less 3rd harmonic distortion sounds more rounded and laid back.
Which is why I have my own B22 coming soon. Because while the Soloist's increased sharpness was obvious synergy for the LCDs, the B22's larger imaging and smoothed presentation may work better with the HD800 I use now. And it's a beauty =) This is rough shot from when we were rolling LED colours.
I don't have any headphones that need more power than a 2ch B22 can provide so... 2ch. SolderWorksAudio did the hands on and most of the part selection, I did the face feature set selection.
I am currently using a Musical Fidelity V-Can II to drive my JH16 FreqPhase IEMs.
The minimum volume (once you get to the point where there is volume is both ears) is quite loud.
I am therefore only able to listen for short periods of time.
So I am looking for new headphone amp, and the new Soloist SL looks very interesting.
Has anyone tested it with the JH16 FreqPhase, which has a sensitivity of 118db and an impedance of 18 ohms, or similar low impedance, high sensitivity IEMs?
Is it able to produce a low volume?
Also, has anyone tested the Soloist vs the Soloist SL? The only difference that I see is the volume control (ALPS vs 24 stepped attenuator).
Will this have a noticeable effect on the sound quality?
- burson new soloist headphone amp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › FOR SALE WESTONE 4 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › HE-400 vs. HE-500 vs. HE-4 Comparison 5 minutes ago
- › Critique this headphone amp design? 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › Anyone heard / own USB Wireworld Starlight, Starlight 7, or... 8 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe