I keep trying to get a BHA-1 but no luck so far. And those that have heard both won't talk. Sigh.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Burson HA160 vs SPL Auditor Last post on 8/17/11 at 8:35pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- REVIEW : Burson Audio HA-160 with listening impressions Last post on 12/7/12 at 2:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- D7000, decision... Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:02pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Burson HA-160 users: What are your favorite cans? Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Is the Beyerdynamic A1 Headphone Amplifier worth the $750 price tag, today? Last post on 9/22/12 at 8:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Edited on 11/14/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
Build Quality: For something hand built, the overall build quality is quite good. Of course, it isn’t nearly as perfect as something from a plastic molding machine but it is far ahead from the...
Disclaimer: My only other good cans to compare these to are Beyerdynamics DT770 (250). I fully realize this review will be biased because of that. So please keep that in mind. This review is my...
First Impressions: Well, when I first used these, I used them in the same place I'd expect myself to continue using these, on the go from place to place, and while at places outside the...
I bought these this week from amazon.co.uk for £10 including delivery. That's US $15. Packaging, appearance, warranty, euro-nanny knows best: Mine arrived in the small European packaging box,...
Absolutely beautiful little player. It's just a gorgeous chunk of tech that feels good to hold. For me personally tech has to have form as well as function and the AK120 doesn't disappoint on...
- Headphone Impedance
burson new soloist headphone amp - Page 50
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
But I no longer have access to a Soloist :-(
I saw some reports that were critical of the circuit design used in the BHA-1. Nevertheless it is a competitor and a worthwhile comparison. Hopefully someone will be able to compare these two at some point soon and be willing to talk. Having said that, if one was clearly better than the other I suspect we would have heard from someone by now.
Terrible pun aborted.
In other news... Still think the Soloist is the best solid state amp in production. I reserve to change my mind when my B22 and GS-X arrive. Though having had a balanced B22 and single ended GS-1 before... I expect them to lose.
Joy of being an audiophile /facepalm
The three are voiced similar but as you move from WA22 to B22 you gain a little control and the sound stage is less 3 blob and spread out. Moving from the B22 to the Soloist cranks up the clarity and stage focus. Also better extension into the sub bass. I haven't heard a better solid state amp yet. And while I preferred the Peak with the LCD-2/3, with the HD800 the Soloist is awesome.
You prefer Soloist to the legendary b22, that speaks a lot for Soloist. Makes me want b22 a little less.
How about vocals details, breadth, air? especially female on wa22, b22 and Soloist?
Same as above. Air, details and breath scale up as you go WA22 to B22 to Soloist. The B22 isn't bad it's just different. Staging makes things larger and less specific on the B22. Some may prefer that to the Soloist laser focused staging. Detail wise the Soloist is again sharper where the B22 is as detailed but either because its faster or has less 3rd harmonic distortion sounds more rounded and laid back.
Which is why I have my own B22 coming soon. Because while the Soloist's increased sharpness was obvious synergy for the LCDs, the B22's larger imaging and smoothed presentation may work better with the HD800 I use now. And it's a beauty =) This is rough shot from when we were rolling LED colours.
I don't have any headphones that need more power than a 2ch B22 can provide so... 2ch. SolderWorksAudio did the hands on and most of the part selection, I did the face feature set selection.
I am currently using a Musical Fidelity V-Can II to drive my JH16 FreqPhase IEMs.
The minimum volume (once you get to the point where there is volume is both ears) is quite loud.
I am therefore only able to listen for short periods of time.
So I am looking for new headphone amp, and the new Soloist SL looks very interesting.
Has anyone tested it with the JH16 FreqPhase, which has a sensitivity of 118db and an impedance of 18 ohms, or similar low impedance, high sensitivity IEMs?
Is it able to produce a low volume?
Also, has anyone tested the Soloist vs the Soloist SL? The only difference that I see is the volume control (ALPS vs 24 stepped attenuator).
Will this have a noticeable effect on the sound quality?
- burson new soloist headphone amp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Pros:“An excellent alternative to the computer user wanting something different to an internal sound card!”“Good sound for the price”
- Pros:“Neutral, balanced, detailed, airy, comfortable, well-built”“One of the best treble performing headphones, extremely comfortable, very well build”
- › Head-Fi. The Community. The History. - Head-Fi TV 4 seconds ago
- › Affordable tube amplifier 5 seconds ago
- › TDK IE800 Dual High-Performance Dynamic Micro-Drivers IEM 7 seconds ago
- › Audio Setup Questions 23 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread 45 seconds ago
- › Will This Be Called The Westone "Epic" Tip? 51 seconds ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › At what point do headphones become too nice for MP3 and no DAC? 2 minutes ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones by UmustBKidn
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by daleb
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe