Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › burson new soloist headphone amp
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

burson new soloist headphone amp - Page 25

post #361 of 1167

Anybody looking for an HA-160 and JKDAC32?

post #362 of 1167
Quote:
Originally Posted by germay0653 View Post

Anybody looking for an HA-160 and JKDAC32?

 

Got the upgrade itch? tongue.gif

you have a nice setup already. 

post #363 of 1167

I've been scratching that itch since I was in my teens!  I used to take apart my parents one piece turntable with integrated amp and fold up speakers, from the Walmart like deparment store, just to see how it worked.  I was hooked then and still am. atsmile.gif

 

Yes, my current setup is great.  It's detailed, musical and I get a great deal of pleasure from it.  What has impressed in the past few years is how far digital has come.  I use JPLAY and it's a superb player.  The JKDAC32 and HA-160 make the AH-D7000's, with Stefan Audio Art Endorphin cables, sing but the Conductor is step up from that.  Maybe, finances willing, a pair of Audeze LCD-3 cans is next after the Conductor but will have to save some money to accomplish that.

post #364 of 1167
Quote:
Originally Posted by germay0653 View Post

I've been scratching that itch since I was in my teens!  I used to take apart my parents one piece turntable with integrated amp and fold up speakers, from the Walmart like deparment store, just to see how it worked.  I was hooked then and still am. atsmile.gif

 

Yes, my current setup is great.  It's detailed, musical and I get a great deal of pleasure from it.  What has impressed in the past few years is how far digital has come.  I use JPLAY and it's a superb player.  The JKDAC32 and HA-160 make the AH-D7000's, with Stefan Audio Art Endorphin cables, sing but the Conductor is step up from that.  Maybe, finances willing, a pair of Audeze LCD-3 cans is next after the Conductor but will have to save some money to accomplish that.

 

I see. You are getting more serious into this hobby, thats great. After all this is head-fi the place where our wallets bleed. 

 

Try to increase your post number in order to post a classified on the F/S section. (my latest purchase was the soloist, i dont have money to spend :( )  


Edited by fabio-fi - 9/27/12 at 5:55pm
post #365 of 1167

Thanks for the advice Fabio.  I hope that is your name.  I appreciate the advice.  I've been to Italia, once, in 2002.  I was in Milano, Venezia, Firenze and Pisa and wish to return someday soon.

post #366 of 1167

I just purchased the Soloist on Ebay this morning for $739, it was open box. They still have one left. I emailed about them and they told me one was a demo unit they had in their demo room and the other a customer returned and bought the HA-160D because they wanted a DAC also. They told me both are in mint condition. I think it's a very good deal on a Soloist and I ended up saving $160 that way. Can't wait to receive my Soloist and Terminator V4's next week to go with my Dacport LX and see how it sounds. 

post #367 of 1167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickman View Post

I just purchased the Soloist on Ebay this morning for $739, it was open box. They still have one left. I emailed about them and they told me one was a demo unit they had in their demo room and the other a customer returned and bought the HA-160D because they wanted a DAC also. They told me both are in mint condition. I think it's a very good deal on a Soloist and I ended up saving $160 that way. Can't wait to receive my Soloist and Terminator V4's next week to go with my Dacport LX and see how it sounds. 

 

Lucky man. 

You have any update? i think a hifi shop on my country have one unit for demo.. 

post #368 of 1167
Quote:
Originally Posted by formula1 View Post

 

Lucky man. 

You have any update? i think a hifi shop on my country have one unit for demo.. 

 

 

 My Soloist is arriving tomorrow and my Terminator V4's are shipping today so I probably won't receive them until Thursday because Larry is located in Washington and I live in New Jersey clear across the country. 

post #369 of 1167

Skylab's review is posted on Innerfidelity. Very good review if anyone is interested.

post #370 of 1167

Good review....if the music becomes the focus and not the amp, then things are working well!

post #371 of 1167

Has anyone directly compared the Soloist with the BHA-1 with Audeze headphones? I know other comparisons have been done, but I can see people have either gone down the path of the Burson or the path of the Bryston, but I am not seeing someone that has auditioned both!

post #372 of 1167
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonstatt View Post

Has anyone directly compared the Soloist with the BHA-1 with Audeze headphones? I know other comparisons have been done, but I can see people have either gone down the path of the Burson or the path of the Bryston, but I am not seeing someone that has auditioned both!

 

I doubt anyone own both, from what i have read the Bryston is a keeper like the Soloist. Both are very capable amps.

 

Anyone tried the Soloist at RMAF? 

post #373 of 1167

for anyone interested I am selling my Soloist and posting pictures later. A great chance to save some money,

post #374 of 1167

Okays guys, this may sound like a dumb question but how do you take out the attenuator from the Soloist? I opened the lid and I see the attenuator inside, and I asked a couple guys and they said I have to first pull out the volume knob from the outside. They said the volume knob gets pulled out quite easily, but no matter how hard I try, the volume knob doesn't budge. After trying to remove it for nearly an hour using my hands, I used a heavy-duty monkey spanner and it still doesn't work.

 

Am I doing something wrong? Do I have to unscrew something in advance? Is it supposed to be pulled out easily by hand? Why do I feel like I'm the only one having a really difficult time here?


Edited by songmic - 10/25/12 at 9:22am
post #375 of 1167

@songmic, is there something wrong with your attenuator? i've never been in the need to remove it. 

 

It should work like the guys said. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › burson new soloist headphone amp