Technically more interested in the Schiit Mjolnir but the Burson certainly hits the right buttons too for all but power output and a busier circuit. Its lower part count than the HA-160 but still high overall.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Burson HA160 vs SPL Auditor Last post on 8/17/11 at 8:35pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- REVIEW : Burson Audio HA-160 with listening impressions Last post on 12/2/13 at 7:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- D7000, decision... Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:02pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Burson HA-160 users: What are your favorite cans? Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Is the Beyerdynamic A1 Headphone Amplifier worth the $750 price tag, today? Last post on 7/15/13 at 5:42am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > M-Audio Q40. There isn't much I have to add to other...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > SR950. The SR950s are fairly detailed headphones possessing a...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > HPH-200. If you are looking for a ~$100 on ear open can that...
First of all, I gave these a 3 star mostly for their price. At about 9 bucks they are about the cheapest headphones around. I mean, who is going to pass up a deal like that. They are dirt cheap and...
Q-audio French Silk Aftermarket Cable for MrSpeakers Alpha Dog INTRODUCTION I have spent a little over two months with the Alpha Dogs and its stock cable. About one month into the journey...
- Headphone Impedance
burson new soloist headphone amp - Page 8
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
The mjolnir looking interesting and impressive but I promised myself I would not go down the balanced rabbit hole again (I had the balanced Isabellina). If I did that, anytime I get a new headphone to try out, I'd need to either buy new balanced cables or get hardwired headphones reterminated or recabled. too much pain for too little (if any) sonic gain. I'll be sticking with single ended amps and phones for a while.
oh yeah, they're absolutely more powerful than the iPhone. But I've owned more powerful amps in the past and, so far, the Amphora is keeping pace.
Oh, and regarding the soloist, Parts connexion has a special. 20% off and free shipping (canada post expedited for me). I didn't get confirmation of the price till I got the order pdf and a phone call this morning. (it still shows 999 on the website even after hitting checkout). They only advertise it as a cable special (http://www.partsconnexion.com/t/econnexion/0612/burson_promo.html) but you can ditch the cables and get 200 bucks off!
if you're on the fence, Solude, this may tip you over to order soon. :P
Better than my $864 from Front End Audio, great price!
Trigger pulled. Now just need to compare the B22, Peak w/ Shuguang Treasure and Sylvania Bad Boy, Soloist and... same three with the HD800 IF it ever arrives ;) Then I can try a Mjolnir or Dynahi or maybe a First Watt.
Where would you get a Dynahi?
First you make friends with Capt Overkill, thats Kevin if you didn't know, then you tease a builder, Corey in my case, then you bend over... umm ya family site. I don't expect the Dynahi for a good long while.
Corey said he wasn't building amps for another 6 months or so - "that guy" Reall good person.
I got some boards coming from lil knight - I though you may be getting some from him as well. Kevin did refer me to him.
Those are the off board heatsink version. Corey won't entertain those. I'm lining up the onboard version that doesn't even have board yet. Its going to be a while so... Corey will be building again by then :D
Yep going to have to open a new thread for that. B22 v Peak v Soloist v Mjolnir. And I hope between having those and the LCD-3 and HD800 in house I 'should' have a rig that is end game.
Where to after that? Who knows, still researching DHT and not liking too much of what I'm learning, the Dynahi but gain is going to be a problem, FirstWatt options but they cost mega dollars. So the next step... not too clear. Had considered e-stats again but unless the 507 is better than the 007MkI, that's likely to be just money down the drain.
- burson new soloist headphone amp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › knife-fi? 18 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 52 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › How many headphones is too much? 4 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master-5/6/8/9 balanced head amp/ preamp 5 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 7 minutes ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 9 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi