Technically more interested in the Schiit Mjolnir but the Burson certainly hits the right buttons too for all but power output and a busier circuit. Its lower part count than the HA-160 but still high overall.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Burson HA160 vs SPL Auditor Last post on 8/17/11 at 8:35pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- REVIEW : Burson Audio HA-160 with listening impressions Last post on 12/7/12 at 2:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- D7000, decision... Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:02pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Burson HA-160 users: What are your favorite cans? Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Is the Beyerdynamic A1 Headphone Amplifier worth the $750 price tag, today? Last post on 9/22/12 at 8:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Edited on 11/14/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
Build Quality: For something hand built, the overall build quality is quite good. Of course, it isn’t nearly as perfect as something from a plastic molding machine but it is far ahead from the...
Disclaimer: My only other good cans to compare these to are Beyerdynamics DT770 (250). I fully realize this review will be biased because of that. So please keep that in mind. This review is my...
First Impressions: Well, when I first used these, I used them in the same place I'd expect myself to continue using these, on the go from place to place, and while at places outside the...
I bought these this week from amazon.co.uk for £10 including delivery. That's US $15. Packaging, appearance, warranty, euro-nanny knows best: Mine arrived in the small European packaging box,...
Absolutely beautiful little player. It's just a gorgeous chunk of tech that feels good to hold. For me personally tech has to have form as well as function and the AK120 doesn't disappoint on...
- Headphone Impedance
burson new soloist headphone amp - Page 8
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
The mjolnir looking interesting and impressive but I promised myself I would not go down the balanced rabbit hole again (I had the balanced Isabellina). If I did that, anytime I get a new headphone to try out, I'd need to either buy new balanced cables or get hardwired headphones reterminated or recabled. too much pain for too little (if any) sonic gain. I'll be sticking with single ended amps and phones for a while.
oh yeah, they're absolutely more powerful than the iPhone. But I've owned more powerful amps in the past and, so far, the Amphora is keeping pace.
Oh, and regarding the soloist, Parts connexion has a special. 20% off and free shipping (canada post expedited for me). I didn't get confirmation of the price till I got the order pdf and a phone call this morning. (it still shows 999 on the website even after hitting checkout). They only advertise it as a cable special (http://www.partsconnexion.com/t/econnexion/0612/burson_promo.html) but you can ditch the cables and get 200 bucks off!
if you're on the fence, Solude, this may tip you over to order soon. :P
Better than my $864 from Front End Audio, great price!
Trigger pulled. Now just need to compare the B22, Peak w/ Shuguang Treasure and Sylvania Bad Boy, Soloist and... same three with the HD800 IF it ever arrives ;) Then I can try a Mjolnir or Dynahi or maybe a First Watt.
Where would you get a Dynahi?
First you make friends with Capt Overkill, thats Kevin if you didn't know, then you tease a builder, Corey in my case, then you bend over... umm ya family site. I don't expect the Dynahi for a good long while.
Corey said he wasn't building amps for another 6 months or so - "that guy" Reall good person.
I got some boards coming from lil knight - I though you may be getting some from him as well. Kevin did refer me to him.
Those are the off board heatsink version. Corey won't entertain those. I'm lining up the onboard version that doesn't even have board yet. Its going to be a while so... Corey will be building again by then :D
Yep going to have to open a new thread for that. B22 v Peak v Soloist v Mjolnir. And I hope between having those and the LCD-3 and HD800 in house I 'should' have a rig that is end game.
Where to after that? Who knows, still researching DHT and not liking too much of what I'm learning, the Dynahi but gain is going to be a problem, FirstWatt options but they cost mega dollars. So the next step... not too clear. Had considered e-stats again but unless the 507 is better than the 007MkI, that's likely to be just money down the drain.
- burson new soloist headphone amp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › FS Audio-GD NFB-10ES Fully Balanced 4w AMP & 24/192 DAC w. SABER32 32 seconds ago
- › New High End Custom-to-Universal IEM: StageDiver 3 1 minute ago
- › VA / MD / DC meet - Saturday, May 25, 2013 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 2 minutes ago
- › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions and Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica's Take on the Microdriver: ATH-CKN50 and CKN70 4 minutes ago
- › Analog Paper^2 Discussion and Appreciation Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 4 minutes ago
- › Album art game 4 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VC02 - Info & Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones by UmustBKidn
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by daleb
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe