Technically more interested in the Schiit Mjolnir but the Burson certainly hits the right buttons too for all but power output and a busier circuit. Its lower part count than the HA-160 but still high overall.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Burson HA160 vs SPL Auditor Last post on 8/17/11 at 8:35pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- REVIEW : Burson Audio HA-160 with listening impressions Last post on 12/2/13 at 7:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- D7000, decision... Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:02pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Burson HA-160 users: What are your favorite cans? Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Is the Beyerdynamic A1 Headphone Amplifier worth the $750 price tag, today? Last post on 3/10/14 at 3:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Headphone Impedance
burson new soloist headphone amp - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The mjolnir looking interesting and impressive but I promised myself I would not go down the balanced rabbit hole again (I had the balanced Isabellina). If I did that, anytime I get a new headphone to try out, I'd need to either buy new balanced cables or get hardwired headphones reterminated or recabled. too much pain for too little (if any) sonic gain. I'll be sticking with single ended amps and phones for a while.
oh yeah, they're absolutely more powerful than the iPhone. But I've owned more powerful amps in the past and, so far, the Amphora is keeping pace.
Oh, and regarding the soloist, Parts connexion has a special. 20% off and free shipping (canada post expedited for me). I didn't get confirmation of the price till I got the order pdf and a phone call this morning. (it still shows 999 on the website even after hitting checkout). They only advertise it as a cable special (http://www.partsconnexion.com/t/econnexion/0612/burson_promo.html) but you can ditch the cables and get 200 bucks off!
if you're on the fence, Solude, this may tip you over to order soon. :P
Better than my $864 from Front End Audio, great price!
Trigger pulled. Now just need to compare the B22, Peak w/ Shuguang Treasure and Sylvania Bad Boy, Soloist and... same three with the HD800 IF it ever arrives ;) Then I can try a Mjolnir or Dynahi or maybe a First Watt.
Where would you get a Dynahi?
First you make friends with Capt Overkill, thats Kevin if you didn't know, then you tease a builder, Corey in my case, then you bend over... umm ya family site. I don't expect the Dynahi for a good long while.
Corey said he wasn't building amps for another 6 months or so - "that guy" Reall good person.
I got some boards coming from lil knight - I though you may be getting some from him as well. Kevin did refer me to him.
Those are the off board heatsink version. Corey won't entertain those. I'm lining up the onboard version that doesn't even have board yet. Its going to be a while so... Corey will be building again by then :D
Yep going to have to open a new thread for that. B22 v Peak v Soloist v Mjolnir. And I hope between having those and the LCD-3 and HD800 in house I 'should' have a rig that is end game.
Where to after that? Who knows, still researching DHT and not liking too much of what I'm learning, the Dynahi but gain is going to be a problem, FirstWatt options but they cost mega dollars. So the next step... not too clear. Had considered e-stats again but unless the 507 is better than the 007MkI, that's likely to be just money down the drain.
- burson new soloist headphone amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The absolute BEST amp for the LCD-3 (only vote if you have heard... 48 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 2 minutes ago
- › PM-1 vs HE-6 ..... 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 3 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 4 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)