Technically more interested in the Schiit Mjolnir but the Burson certainly hits the right buttons too for all but power output and a busier circuit. Its lower part count than the HA-160 but still high overall.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Burson HA160 vs SPL Auditor Last post on 8/17/11 at 8:35pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- REVIEW : Burson Audio HA-160 with listening impressions Last post on 12/2/13 at 7:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- D7000, decision... Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:02pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Burson HA-160 users: What are your favorite cans? Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Is the Beyerdynamic A1 Headphone Amplifier worth the $750 price tag, today? Last post on 3/10/14 at 3:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
- Headphone Impedance
burson new soloist headphone amp - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The mjolnir looking interesting and impressive but I promised myself I would not go down the balanced rabbit hole again (I had the balanced Isabellina). If I did that, anytime I get a new headphone to try out, I'd need to either buy new balanced cables or get hardwired headphones reterminated or recabled. too much pain for too little (if any) sonic gain. I'll be sticking with single ended amps and phones for a while.
oh yeah, they're absolutely more powerful than the iPhone. But I've owned more powerful amps in the past and, so far, the Amphora is keeping pace.
Oh, and regarding the soloist, Parts connexion has a special. 20% off and free shipping (canada post expedited for me). I didn't get confirmation of the price till I got the order pdf and a phone call this morning. (it still shows 999 on the website even after hitting checkout). They only advertise it as a cable special (http://www.partsconnexion.com/t/econnexion/0612/burson_promo.html) but you can ditch the cables and get 200 bucks off!
if you're on the fence, Solude, this may tip you over to order soon. :P
Better than my $864 from Front End Audio, great price!
Trigger pulled. Now just need to compare the B22, Peak w/ Shuguang Treasure and Sylvania Bad Boy, Soloist and... same three with the HD800 IF it ever arrives ;) Then I can try a Mjolnir or Dynahi or maybe a First Watt.
Where would you get a Dynahi?
First you make friends with Capt Overkill, thats Kevin if you didn't know, then you tease a builder, Corey in my case, then you bend over... umm ya family site. I don't expect the Dynahi for a good long while.
Corey said he wasn't building amps for another 6 months or so - "that guy" Reall good person.
I got some boards coming from lil knight - I though you may be getting some from him as well. Kevin did refer me to him.
Those are the off board heatsink version. Corey won't entertain those. I'm lining up the onboard version that doesn't even have board yet. Its going to be a while so... Corey will be building again by then :D
Yep going to have to open a new thread for that. B22 v Peak v Soloist v Mjolnir. And I hope between having those and the LCD-3 and HD800 in house I 'should' have a rig that is end game.
Where to after that? Who knows, still researching DHT and not liking too much of what I'm learning, the Dynahi but gain is going to be a problem, FirstWatt options but they cost mega dollars. So the next step... not too clear. Had considered e-stats again but unless the 507 is better than the 007MkI, that's likely to be just money down the drain.
- burson new soloist headphone amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 31 seconds ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Appreciation Thread 41 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 46 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions and Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E18 Review 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › New user, low cost good quality dac/headphone amp 4 minutes ago
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude