Does anybody have any recommendations for a material that absorbs reflections that also won't mess up the sound quality of my headphones? I have never modded a pair of headphones before and I plan to do it for the first time.
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 2/17/15 at 1:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Jecklin Float One versus Jecklin Float Two - What's the difference Last post on 2/11/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone help! Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones recommendations Last post on 2/15/15 at 4:29pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Setup: System #1: Macbook Pro Retina, Fidelia Software, Fiio e17 Alpen System #2: Mac Pro, Fidelia Software, Headphone Out or Fiio e17/E09K combo Some of the tracks used to...
WHY THESE? The kind people on iBuyGou (www.ibuygou.com) kindly offered me a pair of Xiaomi-like headphones to review here, as I actively have been using my Pistons the last year, and as these...
Got one of these for a downstairs/bedroom system I'm trying to put together for peanuts. For your money, you get a very well made little steel box, crinkle finished, painted silver. You can see...
Foreword As the creator of the Titan 1 thread on head-fi, I have most of the information given here placed in the thread; however, this review is a coalescing and enhancement of the various...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Good materials for absorbing reflections in headphones?
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 46/9/12 at 7:11pm
Open-cell acoustic foam is what you want. Depending on the brand and where in the headphone that you put it, it can help the sound or it can hurt the sound. You will have to experiment.post #3 of 46/9/12 at 7:22pmThread Starter
Thanks a lot . . . and thanks for the fast response.
EDIT: I don't know why headphone manufacturers don't include this open cell acoustic foam in their headphones from the start . . . I have never had a high end pair of headphones though so for all I know they could have that in them.
Edited by KingOfTheWild - 6/9/12 at 7:41pmpost #4 of 46/10/12 at 12:12am
They resort to wool or other fabric materials of varying density and composition to tune the sound and kill resonances or whatever from what I've seen. Not even higher-end headphones actually use acoustic foam from what I know. Making the headphone open-back allows them to be lazier. =p
Mid-fi headphones are the ones that most benefit, generally.Return Home
- Good materials for absorbing reflections in headphones?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Fiio X3 vs Cowon J3 2 minutes ago
- › What are the differences between the FiiO E10K & the FiiO E10? 3 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 vs Grado GS1000i 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 3 minutes ago
- › Iphone6 and Ipad Air connection setup 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › I don't mind being nice guy finishing last 4 minutes ago
- › Research + tech variety = overwhelmed & confused 5 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3