Does anybody have any recommendations for a material that absorbs reflections that also won't mess up the sound quality of my headphones? I have never modded a pair of headphones before and I plan to do it for the first time.
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- ATH-W1000x Modded Re-cabled | Purrin's Mod | L3000 Pads Last post on 12/3/13 at 3:11pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Last post on Today at 6:06 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Speakers vs Headphones Last post on 6/10/13 at 5:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Complete Guide to taking proper care of headphones Last post on Today at 5:13 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best setup for under $1000 (headphone, amp, and dac) Last post on 4/15/13 at 2:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Since the Gamma y2 is a DIY project I'm not going to comment on the build quality as its dependent on the builder. The Sound The sound of the y2 varies on how it was built. Mine is using...
I just thought I'd write up a review on these headphones. They did a bit getting used to, because the reproduction of sound is so clear and even. Like getting used to a pair of studio monitors...
Its cheap, I got my blue ones for 6 dollars, it sounds good consider, and it is very light weight. I do not know why some people insist this pair is better than 50-100 dollar headphones, it's...
Well, i won't make a long review. Having the iPod Nano V6, SansaClip+, SansaClip Fuse, iAudio 6 and a mix of older Sony's, iPod's etc ... I think the best sounding player to me was the iAudio 6....
Do not buy an Astell & Kern 120. It claims 192Gb memory, but it indexes and uses only the internal memory - 64gb. The external SD cards carry files but do not show up on the device. Money spent...
Good materials for absorbing reflections in headphones?
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 46/9/12 at 7:11pm
Open-cell acoustic foam is what you want. Depending on the brand and where in the headphone that you put it, it can help the sound or it can hurt the sound. You will have to experiment.post #3 of 46/9/12 at 7:22pmThread Starter
Thanks a lot . . . and thanks for the fast response.
EDIT: I don't know why headphone manufacturers don't include this open cell acoustic foam in their headphones from the start . . . I have never had a high end pair of headphones though so for all I know they could have that in them.
Edited by KingOfTheWild - 6/9/12 at 7:41pmpost #4 of 46/10/12 at 12:12am
They resort to wool or other fabric materials of varying density and composition to tune the sound and kill resonances or whatever from what I've seen. Not even higher-end headphones actually use acoustic foam from what I know. Making the headphone open-back allows them to be lazier. =p
Mid-fi headphones are the ones that most benefit, generally.Return Home
- Good materials for absorbing reflections in headphones?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Band Name Game II 23 seconds ago
- › Need help finding ~$200 over ear circumaural headphones for... 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2, plus comparisons (Added ER4S) 1 minute ago
- › Matrix M Stage VS Asgard 2 1 minute ago
- › First audiophile headphones? 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.6 1 minute ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 1 minute ago
- › Headphone + HiFiMan EF2A Advice 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 16th 2013 and feature poll... 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 3 minutes ago
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe