Does anybody have any recommendations for a material that absorbs reflections that also won't mess up the sound quality of my headphones? I have never modded a pair of headphones before and I plan to do it for the first time.
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Shure SE215 - RANTING! READ THIS BEFORE BUYING WRONG HEADPHONES or IEM Last post on 12/23/13 at 5:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ATH-W1000x Modded Re-cabled | Purrin's Mod | L3000 Pads Last post on 12/3/13 at 3:11pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Last post on 7/5/14 at 10:36am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Bought these in an airport as my other earbuds had stopped working. Even though I bought these in an emergency I immediately regret this purchase. They are definitely worse than the old apple...
Thanks to Calyx for allowing Team Tokyo to borrow a unit for review. Note: Version 0.6 and 0.95 of the software were used for this review. The first thing many people wanted when they...
880s are part of the classic trio , 6XX-7XX and of course the 880s , I have all those headphones , my all time favourite might be the 650s but I have tons and tons of respect for the...
T-PEOS H-100II Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/726296/t-peos-h-100ii-review-by-mark2410 Thanks to T-PEOS for the sample. Brief: Crazy cheap detail monsters,...
My privileged Yulong adventure started several years ago with the highly regarded D100. At the time I owned the $2500usd Antelope zodiac+ so it really was just a bit of fun to see what all the hype...
Good materials for absorbing reflections in headphones?
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 46/9/12 at 7:11pm
Open-cell acoustic foam is what you want. Depending on the brand and where in the headphone that you put it, it can help the sound or it can hurt the sound. You will have to experiment.post #3 of 46/9/12 at 7:22pmThread Starter
Thanks a lot . . . and thanks for the fast response.
EDIT: I don't know why headphone manufacturers don't include this open cell acoustic foam in their headphones from the start . . . I have never had a high end pair of headphones though so for all I know they could have that in them.
Edited by KingOfTheWild - 6/9/12 at 7:41pmpost #4 of 46/10/12 at 12:12am
They resort to wool or other fabric materials of varying density and composition to tune the sound and kill resonances or whatever from what I've seen. Not even higher-end headphones actually use acoustic foam from what I know. Making the headphone open-back allows them to be lazier. =p
Mid-fi headphones are the ones that most benefit, generally.Return Home
- Good materials for absorbing reflections in headphones?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 57 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › BASSAWARE: A NEW BASS AUGMENTATION DEVICE FOR HEADPHONES that... 1 minute ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 1 minute ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 1 minute ago
- › New Sony portable headphone - the MDR-ZX750! 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 4 minutes ago
- › In need of an upgrade for my beloved HD650s 5 minutes ago
- › Hama HK-3063 by Blanejmc
- › Calyx Audio M by Currawong
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohms by MrTechAgent
- › T-PEOS H-100II by mark2410
- › Yulong Audio D200 32bit 384khz DSD DAC by customNuts
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by MattTCG
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by DJPhiltheThrill
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Cachicamo
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by kman1211
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)