Does anybody have any recommendations for a material that absorbs reflections that also won't mess up the sound quality of my headphones? I have never modded a pair of headphones before and I plan to do it for the first time.
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 11/27/15 at 7:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Jecklin Float One versus Jecklin Float Two - What's the difference Last post on 2/11/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone help! Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones recommendations Last post on 2/15/15 at 4:29pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
It might be one of your favorite cans if you pay an intense listen to them for a few hours. Really its a steal while you might get it for 60ish or 80ish. I got mine for 75 ish. I still wonder why...
The MEE Audio RX18P was sent to me from MEE Audio with the intention to compare it to some of the most popular Chinese budget offerings and let Mike know the result of my findings. The ida was not...
In the audio world, nobody can say we don’t have a tonne of choice available to us. Some audition gear with slight differences to find the piece that truly stands out to them. This...
A good sounding inexpensive product. As of my late work has pushed me to have to work at many hours at once on writing Visual Novels, I began asking myself if there is a buds solution that...
I just sell my Yamaha EPH-100, so before I forget how they sound I will write a little review here. My attempt for this micro driver earphones was BIG, especially because of the praise I found...
Good materials for absorbing reflections in headphones?post #2 of 46/9/12 at 7:11pm
Open-cell acoustic foam is what you want. Depending on the brand and where in the headphone that you put it, it can help the sound or it can hurt the sound. You will have to experiment.post #3 of 46/9/12 at 7:22pmThread Starter
Thanks a lot . . . and thanks for the fast response.
EDIT: I don't know why headphone manufacturers don't include this open cell acoustic foam in their headphones from the start . . . I have never had a high end pair of headphones though so for all I know they could have that in them.
Edited by KingOfTheWild - 6/9/12 at 7:41pmpost #4 of 46/10/12 at 12:12am
They resort to wool or other fabric materials of varying density and composition to tune the sound and kill resonances or whatever from what I've seen. Not even higher-end headphones actually use acoustic foam from what I know. Making the headphone open-back allows them to be lazier. =p
Mid-fi headphones are the ones that most benefit, generally.Return Home
- Good materials for absorbing reflections in headphones?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 28 seconds ago
- › Little Dot MK8SE / MK6 Super Mods 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Review and Mods 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 4 minutes ago
- › 2016 Tokyo Spring Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 6 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 7 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 9 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 by Mosauwer
- › MEE Audio RX18 Comfort-Fit In-Ear Headphones with Enhanced Bass... by peter123
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Aornic
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Dobrescu George
- › Yamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphones by Nymphonomaniac
- › PMV A-01 HYBIRD IEM by peter123
- › Cayin N5 DSD Lossless Music Player by H20Fidelity
- › Campfire Audio Orion by piksnz
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by Asr
- › 1MORE EO323 Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by leesure
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse