what i neeeed is SOFT...........LAMB.................SKIN......
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Recording quality VS Headphone quality Last post on 5/29/13 at 10:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Isolating headphones for post rock, shoegaze, and post punk, under 200 dollars? Last post on 5/21/13 at 1:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- best headphones under $200 ? Last post on 5/19/13 at 9:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for under 300$ Last post on 12/26/12 at 12:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for college dorm Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Lumia 640 LTE I never owned a portable device (apart from a Sony Walkman in the 80's) because I never felt the use of it. Just out of curiosity, not expecting much, I plugged my Sony MDR-Z7 in my...
MEElectronics/MEEaudio Introduction My experience with IEMs is short lived, but I've had fair enough experience to give you proper detailing. I mainly use detachable only, and can report from...
Introduction In audio circles, the word "endgame" generally refers to a headphone or audio chain component that is practically without fault, and performs at a high enough level to...
Would never dreamed of buying a pair of Beats but end up finding a pair for a rock bottom price(1/3 of the normal retail) so I thought what the heck. Just a side note, since they were...
The AKG K550 Impressions and Discussion Thread! - Page 48post #706 of 20677/1/13 at 8:36pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #707 of 20677/1/13 at 8:40pm
Have you tried LCD-2 pads? Some guy said that they placed your ear too far from the driver which reduced overall sound quality (which I'd have to hear for myself. I'm almost positive you could get a better seal though--even though the cotton mod has an exceptional seal compared to stock. How would you go about acquiring LCD-2 pads anyways?post #708 of 20677/2/13 at 8:44amQuote:Originally Posted by JmanOfIsrael
Immediately after I posted that I did a google search and found the original mod by Curly. I am in the process of putting the pads back on, they look great! I dxanex had a great idea but it isn't ideal (practically and aesthetically) for me to put rubber bands around the pads--I know, I care about looks.
Which one is the mod by Curly? The pad stuffing with cotton?post #709 of 20677/2/13 at 9:28ampost #710 of 20677/6/13 at 6:29am
Has anyone compared the sound difference between Curly Mod with cotton and the one where you place a rope all around under de pads?
I've made the rope one and it improves confort since it increases the space to the ears inside the cups. Wondering if it cotton would have a different result.post #711 of 20677/8/13 at 9:48am
just got to hear the K550's today. Damn i'm impressed.
Nice soundstage for a closed headphone, plenty of bass, non-fatiguing highs, neutral mids. These were my noob impressions after about 10mins of listening..
If I needed another closed headphone, these would probably be it..
edit: also got to hear the beats for the first time today. they sounded *pretty* ugly compared to the K550.
Edited by Headzone - 7/8/13 at 9:58ampost #712 of 20677/8/13 at 10:07ampost #713 of 20677/8/13 at 10:22am
Shipping sometime today! I did my best to make them look first hand so you get the excitement of opening them for the "first time"!!
Hopefully you'll get them by Wednesday/Thursday!post #714 of 20677/8/13 at 10:43amQuote:
Haha, thanks!post #715 of 20677/10/13 at 6:04pm
I am happy to say that I am officially one of you all now—I am listening to my new (used) K550 as I type this.
I definitely anticipate some tinkering in hopes of finding a better fit, but I am nevertheless looking forward to some serious head-time with this headphone.post #716 of 20677/13/13 at 9:32am
I just got my K550 today!
I am in a unique position as I am coming from the K551.
Like most of you, I did not enjoy the K551 cord and thought the K550 would be a good change.
Interesting enough, from all the people that said K550 and K551 sound the same, I have to disagree ! They are very different headphones now I have a chance to try them both and I only had the K550 for less than 2 hours (listening non-stop... :] )
I'll update and make a review later!post #717 of 20677/14/13 at 12:16ampost #718 of 20677/15/13 at 5:03am^ You actually bought my K550. The same ones I have for sale here on head-fi (check my signature). I'll mark them as sold, don't worry. Forgot I also put them up on Amazon! Haha.
You got a good dealpost #719 of 20677/15/13 at 5:07amQuote:
You're seller audioscape on amazon? I ask because I ordered a used pair on amazon but the seller cancelled my order.post #720 of 20677/15/13 at 5:33amWhen was this? I didn't cancel your order, I'll be mailing it out today.
Maybe it was another pair I was selling that I had already sold on head-fi? It's rare but it happens. Don't fret too much.
PM me if you have questions
Edited by dxanex - 7/15/13 at 5:35am
- The AKG K550 Impressions and Discussion Thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Review of soundmagic es10 , es18 , creative ep600 , cowon ce1 , jbl... 38 seconds ago
- › Introduction and recommendations for a comfortable and versatile... 57 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 5 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 12 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 13 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 15 minutes ago
- › The MMA thread (Affliction, UFC, DREAM, Strikeforce, etc.) 17 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 18 minutes ago
- › Mixing on headphones Myth 18 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.3 - July 2, 2015 20 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3