what i neeeed is SOFT...........LAMB.................SKIN......
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Recording quality VS Headphone quality Last post on 5/29/13 at 10:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Isolating headphones for post rock, shoegaze, and post punk, under 200 dollars? Last post on 5/21/13 at 1:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- best headphones under $200 ? Last post on 5/19/13 at 9:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for under 300$ Last post on 7/15/16 at 9:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for college dorm Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Disclaimer: The Noble Kaiser Encore sample was provided to me by Noble for the purposes of this review. The Noble K10 was my first Multi-BA earphone. While it might not be the as good as the...
For me the Encore shares the same sound signature as its predecessor Noble Kaiser K-10. There are already 31- K-10 reviews on H.F. including mine. Read what is written about the K-10, then think...
Sorry if my english is not so good. I bought this several days ago (200 euro) so I cannot post an opinion about durability. I use this dac/amp just on pc for everyday use: movies, voice,...
Greetings Head-fi, Today we are going to be checking out another HDSS equipped earphone from the team at Blue Ever Blue; the Model 1001. Based out of Washington, D.C., Blue Ever Blue (BeB) exploded...
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
The AKG K550 Impressions and Discussion Thread! - Page 48post #706 of 24567/1/13 at 8:36pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #707 of 24567/1/13 at 8:40pm
Have you tried LCD-2 pads? Some guy said that they placed your ear too far from the driver which reduced overall sound quality (which I'd have to hear for myself. I'm almost positive you could get a better seal though--even though the cotton mod has an exceptional seal compared to stock. How would you go about acquiring LCD-2 pads anyways?post #708 of 24567/2/13 at 8:44amQuote:Originally Posted by JmanOfIsrael
Immediately after I posted that I did a google search and found the original mod by Curly. I am in the process of putting the pads back on, they look great! I dxanex had a great idea but it isn't ideal (practically and aesthetically) for me to put rubber bands around the pads--I know, I care about looks.
Which one is the mod by Curly? The pad stuffing with cotton?post #709 of 24567/2/13 at 9:28ampost #710 of 24567/6/13 at 6:29am
Has anyone compared the sound difference between Curly Mod with cotton and the one where you place a rope all around under de pads?
I've made the rope one and it improves confort since it increases the space to the ears inside the cups. Wondering if it cotton would have a different result.post #711 of 24567/8/13 at 9:48am
just got to hear the K550's today. Damn i'm impressed.
Nice soundstage for a closed headphone, plenty of bass, non-fatiguing highs, neutral mids. These were my noob impressions after about 10mins of listening..
If I needed another closed headphone, these would probably be it..
edit: also got to hear the beats for the first time today. they sounded *pretty* ugly compared to the K550.
Edited by Headzone - 7/8/13 at 9:58ampost #712 of 24567/8/13 at 10:07ampost #713 of 24567/8/13 at 10:22am
Shipping sometime today! I did my best to make them look first hand so you get the excitement of opening them for the "first time"!!
Hopefully you'll get them by Wednesday/Thursday!post #714 of 24567/8/13 at 10:43ampost #715 of 24567/10/13 at 6:04pm
I am happy to say that I am officially one of you all now—I am listening to my new (used) K550 as I type this.
I definitely anticipate some tinkering in hopes of finding a better fit, but I am nevertheless looking forward to some serious head-time with this headphone.post #716 of 24567/13/13 at 9:32am
I just got my K550 today!
I am in a unique position as I am coming from the K551.
Like most of you, I did not enjoy the K551 cord and thought the K550 would be a good change.
Interesting enough, from all the people that said K550 and K551 sound the same, I have to disagree ! They are very different headphones now I have a chance to try them both and I only had the K550 for less than 2 hours (listening non-stop... :] )
I'll update and make a review later!post #717 of 24567/14/13 at 12:16ampost #718 of 24567/15/13 at 5:03am^ You actually bought my K550. The same ones I have for sale here on head-fi (check my signature). I'll mark them as sold, don't worry. Forgot I also put them up on Amazon! Haha.
You got a good dealpost #719 of 24567/15/13 at 5:07amQuote:
You're seller audioscape on amazon? I ask because I ordered a used pair on amazon but the seller cancelled my order.post #720 of 24567/15/13 at 5:33amWhen was this? I didn't cancel your order, I'll be mailing it out today.
Maybe it was another pair I was selling that I had already sold on head-fi? It's rare but it happens. Don't fret too much.
PM me if you have questions
Edited by dxanex - 7/15/13 at 5:35am
- The AKG K550 Impressions and Discussion Thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 6 seconds ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 2 minutes ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 3 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics VE Zen 2.0 impressions and discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 5 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 6 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Freya Impressions and Tube Rolling Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by WCDchee
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Saraguie
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by td2004
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear