what i neeeed is SOFT...........LAMB.................SKIN......
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Recording quality VS Headphone quality Last post on 5/29/13 at 10:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Isolating headphones for post rock, shoegaze, and post punk, under 200 dollars? Last post on 5/21/13 at 1:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- best headphones under $200 ? Last post on 5/19/13 at 9:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for under 300$ Last post on 12/26/12 at 12:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for college dorm Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The AKG K550 Impressions and Discussion Thread! - Page 48post #706 of 20517/1/13 at 8:36pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #707 of 20517/1/13 at 8:40pm
Have you tried LCD-2 pads? Some guy said that they placed your ear too far from the driver which reduced overall sound quality (which I'd have to hear for myself. I'm almost positive you could get a better seal though--even though the cotton mod has an exceptional seal compared to stock. How would you go about acquiring LCD-2 pads anyways?post #708 of 20517/2/13 at 8:44amQuote:Originally Posted by JmanOfIsrael
Immediately after I posted that I did a google search and found the original mod by Curly. I am in the process of putting the pads back on, they look great! I dxanex had a great idea but it isn't ideal (practically and aesthetically) for me to put rubber bands around the pads--I know, I care about looks.
Which one is the mod by Curly? The pad stuffing with cotton?post #709 of 20517/2/13 at 9:28ampost #710 of 20517/6/13 at 6:29am
Has anyone compared the sound difference between Curly Mod with cotton and the one where you place a rope all around under de pads?
I've made the rope one and it improves confort since it increases the space to the ears inside the cups. Wondering if it cotton would have a different result.post #711 of 20517/8/13 at 9:48am
just got to hear the K550's today. Damn i'm impressed.
Nice soundstage for a closed headphone, plenty of bass, non-fatiguing highs, neutral mids. These were my noob impressions after about 10mins of listening..
If I needed another closed headphone, these would probably be it..
edit: also got to hear the beats for the first time today. they sounded *pretty* ugly compared to the K550.
Edited by Headzone - 7/8/13 at 9:58ampost #712 of 20517/8/13 at 10:07ampost #713 of 20517/8/13 at 10:22am
Shipping sometime today! I did my best to make them look first hand so you get the excitement of opening them for the "first time"!!
Hopefully you'll get them by Wednesday/Thursday!post #714 of 20517/8/13 at 10:43amQuote:
Haha, thanks!post #715 of 20517/10/13 at 6:04pm
I am happy to say that I am officially one of you all now—I am listening to my new (used) K550 as I type this.
I definitely anticipate some tinkering in hopes of finding a better fit, but I am nevertheless looking forward to some serious head-time with this headphone.post #716 of 20517/13/13 at 9:32am
I just got my K550 today!
I am in a unique position as I am coming from the K551.
Like most of you, I did not enjoy the K551 cord and thought the K550 would be a good change.
Interesting enough, from all the people that said K550 and K551 sound the same, I have to disagree ! They are very different headphones now I have a chance to try them both and I only had the K550 for less than 2 hours (listening non-stop... :] )
I'll update and make a review later!post #717 of 20517/14/13 at 12:16ampost #718 of 20517/15/13 at 5:03am^ You actually bought my K550. The same ones I have for sale here on head-fi (check my signature). I'll mark them as sold, don't worry. Forgot I also put them up on Amazon! Haha.
You got a good dealpost #719 of 20517/15/13 at 5:07amQuote:
You're seller audioscape on amazon? I ask because I ordered a used pair on amazon but the seller cancelled my order.post #720 of 20517/15/13 at 5:33amWhen was this? I didn't cancel your order, I'll be mailing it out today.
Maybe it was another pair I was selling that I had already sold on head-fi? It's rare but it happens. Don't fret too much.
PM me if you have questions
Edited by dxanex - 7/15/13 at 5:35am
- The AKG K550 Impressions and Discussion Thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Schiit we'd like to see 32 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 39 seconds ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 57 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 1 minute ago
- › $60> Headphones 1 minute ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 3 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 vs Fostex TH-900? 3 minutes ago
- › May 3, 2015 - Audio-Video Club of Atlanta 2nd Annual Portable Audio... 3 minutes ago
- › The new Sansui SS-100 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by tonyjoy
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by indieman
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by kytuphicanh
- › Takstar Pro 80 by alphaproject
- › Sony Playstation PS One - Video Game Console by Stereocilia
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by Wokei
- › OPPO PM-3 by Soundsgoodtome
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2