Just bought a pair of AKG K550 used. I have no experience in full size headphone and I find this headphone is amazing to me as a first pair ever. However it seems a little too big for my head. And i plug it straight out of my laptop, and i am happy with the sound :D maybe i'm not a picky guy so i really enjoy my AKG. However, i am looking for a replacement ear pads at affordable price, anyone has any idea? I looked up the lawton pads and the price is crazy
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Recording quality VS Headphone quality Last post on 5/29/13 at 10:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Isolating headphones for post rock, shoegaze, and post punk, under 200 dollars? Last post on 5/21/13 at 1:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- best headphones under $200 ? Last post on 5/19/13 at 9:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for under 300$ Last post on 7/15/16 at 9:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for college dorm Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE UK for the review sample. Full review...
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
I was an early adopter of the original hifiman he-1000 (part of the original beta group). At the end of the beta period I elected to keep the product and it was replaced with the newest and latest...
Bluedio Victory Bluetooth and Optical Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
The AKG K550 Impressions and Discussion Thread! - Page 42
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #617 of 24556/7/13 at 12:18am
Second hole in rubber cup isolation inside headphone is done. Now AKG's sounds 100% worth for their price compared to LCD2.
Pros after mod: stage better, more air, male vocal - far less harshness, electronic styles - good, hard rock - handles better, jazz - good sq, though instruments not so realistic.
Cons: still not good for classical music, instruments sounds just not right.post #618 of 24556/7/13 at 6:19ampost #619 of 24556/7/13 at 10:14amQuote:
The qualities are worth it?post #620 of 24556/7/13 at 10:21am
Does anybody know if the Q701's suffer the same stench problem? I want to get a close alternative to my K701.
You must have been out of luck with your unit because mine didn't smell that much. I could smell it when I opened the case, but after that, non-existent. I ordered mine from amazon.co.ukpost #621 of 24556/7/13 at 12:52pmQuote:
Q701 do not have the plasticicer smell. It is of different construction. I believe the odour came from the glue used on the head band or the ultra soft faux leather. But if you are lookng for a closed can, Q701 is an open can.
Q701 do have strong leather smell on the head band though because it is made of leather.
Also, to me the plasticiser smell dissipated, if I remember correctly, in a week or two. Now it smell like me ; )
Edited by RTTO - 6/7/13 at 1:08pmpost #622 of 24556/7/13 at 4:38pmpost #623 of 24556/7/13 at 5:31pmpost #624 of 24556/7/13 at 5:46pmQuote:
And it uses my head as a conductor??post #625 of 24556/7/13 at 6:16pm
Actually, the signal is passed via bluetooth, but you could use your head: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-283-iems-compared-dunu-dn-22m-detonator-and-dn-23-landmine-added-06-03-13-p-701post #626 of 24556/7/13 at 6:20pmQuote:
The AKG K550 sell for around 250 USD.... the EP-007 pads cost about 80 dollars.... and they are well worth it.post #627 of 24556/7/13 at 7:55pmpost #628 of 24556/7/13 at 8:06pmpost #629 of 24556/7/13 at 8:12pm
- The AKG K550 Impressions and Discussion Thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Meze 12 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 2 seconds ago
- › M40x vs. Ultrasone Pro 900 12 seconds ago
- › Excellent condition Oppo HA-2 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 2 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 3 minutes ago
- › Westone W80 4 minutes ago
- › Clip-ons with stronger sub bass than KSC75s? 4 minutes ago
- › Hidizs AP60 5 minutes ago
- › A very simple single-ended parafeed design 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear