or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The AKG K550 Impressions and Discussion Thread!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The AKG K550 Impressions and Discussion Thread! - Page 42

post #616 of 2455

Just bought a pair of AKG K550 used. I have no experience in full size headphone and I find this headphone is amazing to me as a first pair ever. However it seems a little too big for my head. And i plug it straight out of my laptop, and i am happy with the sound :D maybe i'm not a picky guy so i really enjoy my AKG. However, i am looking for a replacement ear pads at affordable price, anyone has any idea? I looked up the lawton pads and the price is crazy

post #617 of 2455

Second hole in rubber cup isolation inside headphone is done. Now AKG's sounds 100% worth for  their price compared to LCD2. 

Pros after mod: stage better, more air, male vocal - far less harshness, electronic styles - good, hard rock - handles better, jazz - good sq, though instruments not so realistic.

Cons: still not good for classical music, instruments sounds just not right.

post #618 of 2455

I just got mine today and i really like them straight out the box. What the hell?

post #619 of 2455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsaxon69 View Post

Why so many of you actually bought these things and now are trying to "fix" AKG's engineering failure is beyond me....

 

Why reward a company that got it so wrong?

 

The qualities are worth it?

post #620 of 2455
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedhand View Post
 

Does anybody know if the Q701's suffer the same stench problem? I want to get a close alternative to my K701.

 

You must have been out of luck with your unit because mine didn't smell that much. I could smell it when I opened the case, but after that, non-existent. I ordered mine from amazon.co.uk

post #621 of 2455
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedhand View Post

 

Does anybody know if the Q701's suffer the same stench problem? I want to get a close alternative to my K701.

 

Q701 do not have the plasticicer smell. It is of different construction. I believe the odour came from the glue used on the head band or the ultra soft faux leather. But if you are lookng for a closed can, Q701 is an open can.

 

Q701 do have strong leather smell on the head band though because it is made of leather.

 

Also, to me the plasticiser smell dissipated, if I remember correctly, in a week or two. Now it smell like me ; )


Edited by RTTO - 6/7/13 at 1:08pm
post #622 of 2455

It just came to me. How the hell does the left ear piece connect with the right ear piece? There's no wire.

post #623 of 2455
There's a bluetooth transmitter in the left cup and a receiver in the right cup. They charge via kinetic motion of wearing the headphones.

evil_smiley.gif
post #624 of 2455
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

There's a bluetooth transmitter in the left cup and a receiver in the right cup. They charge via kinetic motion of wearing the headphones.

evil_smiley.gif


And it uses my head as a conductor??

post #625 of 2455
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseWithWorms View Post


And it uses my head as a conductor??

Actually, the signal is passed via bluetooth, but you could use your head: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-283-iems-compared-dunu-dn-22m-detonator-and-dn-23-landmine-added-06-03-13-p-701

wink.gifbiggrin.gif
post #626 of 2455
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxanex View Post

just looked those pads up...they look great but they are 30 bucks less than I payed for my K550's... yikes!


The AKG K550 sell for around 250 USD.... the EP-007 pads cost about 80 dollars.... and they are well worth it.

post #627 of 2455
$80 you say? That's better.... I was looking at these https://www.staxusa.com/STAX-EP-007-EarPad.html for $160. I paid $190 shipped for my K550 wink.gif
post #628 of 2455

They retail at this price but I got them imported from amazon.jp through Tenso and they were half the price....
 

post #629 of 2455
They look really nice and super comfy...I wonder if they would also fit the HE-400? I've never bought anything through Tenso but I'm considering these..
post #630 of 2455

the EP-007 are a PERFECT FIT (no stretch) on the AKG K550, AD900 and alike..... I think the Hifimans are a bit smaller...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The AKG K550 Impressions and Discussion Thread!