I ordered one of these... Will post pics. I have a big head so I usually make it to the 10th line on the K550... So I'm confident about the fit...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Recording quality VS Headphone quality Last post on 5/29/13 at 10:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Isolating headphones for post rock, shoegaze, and post punk, under 200 dollars? Last post on 5/21/13 at 1:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- best headphones under $200 ? Last post on 5/19/13 at 9:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for under 300$ Last post on 7/15/16 at 9:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for college dorm Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I took the scenic route to loving these headphones and almost sold it a couple of times. I picked these up for free thanks to a promotion my carrier Freedom mobile was doing where if you buy the LG...
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
These are just plain excellent. I was never really a believer in IEMs, but I am now. These Philips SHE3590s are a real eye-opener. According to the ratings here on Head-Fi, these do, in fact,...
Lately it seems that almost every week there are new (or at least unheard of by most) companies releasing new DAPs (Digital Audio Players). This is great for the consumer because more products...
The AKG K550 Impressions and Discussion Thread! - Page 30post #436 of 24555/1/13 at 6:51pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #437 of 24555/1/13 at 6:53pmpost #438 of 24555/2/13 at 7:09ampost #439 of 24555/2/13 at 7:30amQuote:Originally Posted by dan.gheorghe
Guys, one crazy idea occurred in my mind today :D
I have received a gift from audeze 2 months ago for expressing my feelings about lcd2 on their support page after i had a little argument with them . The gift contained a pair of lcd2 ear-pads.
I was curios to see if they fit the k550, and they did. They are exactly the same diameter. They fit perfectly and with the same mechanism as k550.
They are perfectly isolated now, and actually i think the sound improved a little but i am not sure. the pads may get the driver to far from the ear, must do a little testing, though i enjoy the sound with this mod quite a lot too.
The comfort has also increased a lot! (before this i applied the mod explained in post no 1).
After a little testing, i came to the conclusion that the audeze pads take the driver too far away from the ear. It doesn't sound bad, it is a little more laid back, but so are the bass and details. Maybe someone with a bigger head than mine would like this mod.
I think this could be resolved by making the bigger part of the earpad smaller by taking off the leather and bind them with thread in 2-3 places.
Very interested in knowing the opinion of others on this mod, both confort and SQ wise, even thought the pads cost 80$, this could be the solution to the confort problems.post #440 of 24555/2/13 at 7:44ampost #441 of 24555/2/13 at 8:29amQuote:
I don't have much of a problem with the stock headband padding for short periods. The problem becomes this ridge in my skull that the bumps on the K701 seem to perfectly straddle, starts to become uncomfortable when wearing the K550 for a while. I may have to try the Beyer headband....post #442 of 24555/2/13 at 8:36ampost #443 of 24555/3/13 at 3:21am
Some of these mods the last pages are quite amazing. Impressive what you guys do to your headphones. Honestly, I must have the head that AKG had in mind when designing these hp. I can wear them for hours without feeling any pain around my ears or on top of my head. At the same time they give a great seal, the bass is there and the sound...I really love it. It can become hot wearing them (esp. when living in a tropical country), the fact that I can actually wipe my sweat of the hp instead of it getting sucked in by velour or real leather makes it for me even better. I appreciate the creativity that some of you show to create the hp that suits you best, same time I'm happy with mine the way they are.post #444 of 24555/3/13 at 9:49amQuote:
Have you ordered the LCD2 pads? Did they arrive yet?post #445 of 24555/3/13 at 1:43pmpost #446 of 24555/4/13 at 3:35ampost #447 of 24555/4/13 at 9:33ampost #448 of 24555/4/13 at 11:43ampost #449 of 24555/4/13 at 3:39pmpost #450 of 24555/4/13 at 11:36pmQuote:
arent the lawton pads for denons? and denon-sized pads wont fit the k550...?
Listening to classicals on the K550 + audiogd is such a treat
the sound of the pipes bellowing, soaring tall and airy, then descended to some raw bass pedaling..
felt the drivers fluttering on my ears to the low frequencies....
epic, the explosion reverberated a few loooong seconds in the air from the left to the right drivers at the end of the album.
Edited by Lorspeaker - 5/5/13 at 8:43am
- The AKG K550 Impressions and Discussion Thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 46 seconds ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 47 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 57 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV Player by wt - screenless budget dual mono... 2 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 2 minutes ago
- › HELP: LPS for Chord 2Qute 4 minutes ago
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 5 minutes ago
- › Does this setup amplify the signal, twice? 5 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear