what i neeeed is SOFT...........LAMB.................SKIN......
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for college dorm Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Can anyone recommend a good pair of headphones? Last post on 11/18/12 at 9:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed headphone for work Last post on 11/17/12 at 7:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- [Question] Looking for a headphone + tinnitus Last post on 11/30/12 at 1:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Full Headphones for Classical Last post on 11/12/12 at 7:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The AKG K550 Appreciation/Discussion Thread! - Page 48post #706 of 17507/1/13 at 8:36pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #707 of 17507/1/13 at 8:40pm
Have you tried LCD-2 pads? Some guy said that they placed your ear too far from the driver which reduced overall sound quality (which I'd have to hear for myself. I'm almost positive you could get a better seal though--even though the cotton mod has an exceptional seal compared to stock. How would you go about acquiring LCD-2 pads anyways?post #708 of 17507/2/13 at 8:44amQuote:Originally Posted by JmanOfIsrael
Immediately after I posted that I did a google search and found the original mod by Curly. I am in the process of putting the pads back on, they look great! I dxanex had a great idea but it isn't ideal (practically and aesthetically) for me to put rubber bands around the pads--I know, I care about looks.
Which one is the mod by Curly? The pad stuffing with cotton?post #709 of 17507/2/13 at 9:28ampost #710 of 17507/6/13 at 6:29am
Has anyone compared the sound difference between Curly Mod with cotton and the one where you place a rope all around under de pads?
I've made the rope one and it improves confort since it increases the space to the ears inside the cups. Wondering if it cotton would have a different result.post #711 of 17507/8/13 at 9:48am
just got to hear the K550's today. Damn i'm impressed.
Nice soundstage for a closed headphone, plenty of bass, non-fatiguing highs, neutral mids. These were my noob impressions after about 10mins of listening..
If I needed another closed headphone, these would probably be it..
edit: also got to hear the beats for the first time today. they sounded *pretty* ugly compared to the K550.
Edited by Headzone - 7/8/13 at 9:58ampost #712 of 17507/8/13 at 10:07ampost #713 of 17507/8/13 at 10:22am
Shipping sometime today! I did my best to make them look first hand so you get the excitement of opening them for the "first time"!!
Hopefully you'll get them by Wednesday/Thursday!post #714 of 17507/8/13 at 10:43amQuote:
Haha, thanks!post #715 of 17507/10/13 at 6:04pm
I am happy to say that I am officially one of you all now—I am listening to my new (used) K550 as I type this.
I definitely anticipate some tinkering in hopes of finding a better fit, but I am nevertheless looking forward to some serious head-time with this headphone.post #716 of 17507/13/13 at 9:32am
I just got my K550 today!
I am in a unique position as I am coming from the K551.
Like most of you, I did not enjoy the K551 cord and thought the K550 would be a good change.
Interesting enough, from all the people that said K550 and K551 sound the same, I have to disagree ! They are very different headphones now I have a chance to try them both and I only had the K550 for less than 2 hours (listening non-stop... :] )
I'll update and make a review later!post #717 of 17507/14/13 at 12:16ampost #718 of 17507/15/13 at 5:03am^ You actually bought my K550. The same ones I have for sale here on head-fi (check my signature). I'll mark them as sold, don't worry. Forgot I also put them up on Amazon! Haha.
You got a good dealpost #719 of 17507/15/13 at 5:07amQuote:
You're seller audioscape on amazon? I ask because I ordered a used pair on amazon but the seller cancelled my order.post #720 of 17507/15/13 at 5:33amWhen was this? I didn't cancel your order, I'll be mailing it out today.
Maybe it was another pair I was selling that I had already sold on head-fi? It's rare but it happens. Don't fret too much.
PM me if you have questions
Edited by dxanex - 7/15/13 at 5:35am
- The AKG K550 Appreciation/Discussion Thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › WASAPI work around found!!! 2 seconds ago
- › REVIEW - HiFiMan HE-560 Planar Magnetic Headphones - Stock... 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Decware Select Zen CSP2 Tube Headphone Amp 3 minutes ago
- › The foobar2000 help thread. Got problems or questions? Ask here! 3 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i and RS1e side by side - Pictures! 4 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2: Is the Head-Fi community willing to give these a fair... 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Headphones fast and slow 6 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** RHA (Reid Heath Acoustics) T10i IEM to debut at IFA 2014 7 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)