Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The AKG K550 Appreciation/Discussion Thread!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The AKG K550 Appreciation/Discussion Thread! - Page 24

post #346 of 1792
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravY View Post

I need mine tighter.. Im using these at work (ford plant) and have to wear glasses.

at home with no glasses the fit was pretty good but that is a quiet environment compared to work.

So the extra clamping force will benefit me and overcome a few hurdles.


I took a picture of the headphones with my bends applied at the end of the headband cushion and the number 1. compare the added pressure of the cups with the original post on page one with the bend in the middle of the headband. This also does not distort the headband cushion at all.


If you're looking for more clamping pressure give this a shot. take it slow, you dont need to bend much.




Do you think this would work even if you set it to position 5 or so?

post #347 of 1792

I dont see why it wouldn't help.. After the 1 marker the cups will be pulled in closer..

post #348 of 1792

I just tried it out and it did help a lot, the bass is a lot more present now. I would still like to see if i can bend them even more so they stay on a little firmer because even though they seal easier, they still feel a little loose.

post #349 of 1792
good to hear it worked for you..


I've taken mine in a bit more.. they fit snug enough that pressing the cups by hand doesn't change the sound very much.. They are still comfortable to wear.
post #350 of 1792

Just letting you guys know that we can get those in Canada for 199 at http://www.stevesmusic.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11_62&products_id=10451.

post #351 of 1792

That is a good price for them, paid them 190$ two weeks ago here in Canada. At that price they are surely good at price vs performance!

post #352 of 1792
Quote:
Originally Posted by stfchampagne View Post

That is a good price for them, paid them 190$ two weeks ago here in Canada. At that price they are surely good at price vs performance!


honestly, I have had these for a year now and I think that for closed phones they amazing at any price range. I do not have issues with bass at all (maybe my head is big enough and the pads fit correctly). In fact mine are wired with silver aftermarket cable which raised the detail on all frequencies. The bass detail (i.e. nuanced differences between bass sounds) benefited the most. They are the only closed headphone I kept and use it daily in my office rig. Very very special headphone.

 

For 190 it is a freaking gift!!!! Congrats!


Edited by Cante Ista - 3/22/13 at 7:02am
post #353 of 1792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cante Ista View Post


honestly, I have had these for a year now and I think that for closed phones they amazing at any price range. I do not have issues with bass at all (maybe my head is big enough and the pads fit correctly). In fact mine are wired with silver aftermarket cable which raised the detail on all frequencies. The bass detail (i.e. nuanced differences between bass sounds) benefited the most. They are the only closed headphone I kept and use it daily in my office rig. Very very special headphone.

 

For 190 it is a freaking gift!!!! Congrats!

 

The sonics are so nice and I would love to own these, but I have so many problem with the lack of features and the fit. For me, I'd consider it if I could find them for $180.

post #354 of 1792
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post

 

The sonics are so nice and I would love to own these, but I have so many problem with the lack of features and the fit. For me, I'd consider it if I could find them for $180.

Razordogaudio on ebay accepted my bid for $199 last week. Ships free within US I believe.

post #355 of 1792
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesq View Post

Razordogaudio on ebay accepted my bid for $199 last week. Ships free within US I believe.

 

Interesting. Will look into it. Thanks!

post #356 of 1792
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post

 

Interesting. Will look into it. Thanks!


Good luck! Keep us posted!

post #357 of 1792

I just got mine for under 200 and I'm pretty happy with them. They do sound a little bass-light, and some of the lower mids and bass is oddly represented. But I got used to it quickly and I'm liking how sharp and clear they make things sound. They're making some songs sound better than I've heard them on my other headphones, and they're extremely comfortable and look good too. I just wish they had made them in Austria like the other good AKG headphones.

post #358 of 1792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsujigiri View Post

I just wish they had made them in Austria like the other good AKG headphones.

 

post #359 of 1792
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post



LOL!
post #360 of 1792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsujigiri View Post

I just got mine for under 200 and I'm pretty happy with them. They do sound a little bass-light, and some of the lower mids and bass is oddly represented. But I got used to it quickly and I'm liking how sharp and clear they make things sound. They're making some songs sound better than I've heard them on my other headphones, and they're extremely comfortable and look good too. I just wish they had made them in Austria like the other good AKG headphones.

The bass body improves quite a bit after the earpads are worn in. The drivers are too far away from the ears when the pads are still brand new, which causes both sharp-sounding treble and unbalanced bass.

 

That said, the lower-mids and upper-bass region in the K550 is a bit recessed, which is both why it is such a clean-sounding headphone, and why several reviews called them thin-sounding. Coming from the rich and full-bodied sound signature of AT headphones, these took me a while to get used to.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The AKG K550 Appreciation/Discussion Thread!