Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Constructive "Anti-Beats" headphone discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Constructive "Anti-Beats" headphone discussion - Page 34

post #496 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tus-Chan View Post

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 80


This is like trying to argue with Indian tech support. There is no sense trying to have a discussion when there is clearly someone here with faulty communication skills (it's not me). I'm out.
Sheesh look at yourself before commenting about me.
post #497 of 547

Guys, we are talking about headphones. HEADPHONES. Not the environment, the economy, or natural disasters. This is not a flooding in India where 10,000 people are supposedly dead. It's just headphones.

 

There is always a point when talking to Beats buyers to just shut up. Some of them will learn and spend their money wiser next time. Some of them will just not care, go into a shop, and buy the brand they know (marketing works) and be convinced they bought the best there is.

 

We are very passionate about our music. But at some stage one needs to just chill-out. I lend a pair of expensive Sennheisers to one of my guys in my team and guess what. After a week he said: they are the same as my earbuds that came with my iPod touch. That is the moment when you just say: oh well, some people hear the difference, some don't. And move on. Any more effort is wasted.

 

I am just saying: choose the battles you fight wisely. Let yourself not be driven purely by emotions and "knowing you are right" that's like trying to convert someone to a different religion, not always welcome. 

 

TOS: We do not allow the discussion of politics or religion in any of our forums.

 

To be fair, the majority of those topics are banned from being discussed on Head-Fi. The big inflammatory topics aren't allowed to be discussed here simply because people swear, attack, and endlessly repeat other people in a lame attempt to argue over mundane topics enough already. The forums would basically turn into a headphone-themed 4chan if we let people talk about those kinds of things, much less the stuff we already discuss here.

post #498 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tus-Chan View Post

 

That's a complete non-argument. You're really splitting hairs now. If that's all you came up with...

 

Anyone with even fairly decent reading comprehension knows that adverbs are important.

post #499 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tus-Chan View Post

Conflict is central to change, and therefore progress and life, in society. If I see something I don't like, I raise a ruckus about it until either I get tired of it or something changes. This is how most people act about issues they care about, even if they are not inherently as self-aware about it. Choosing to ignore or just lazily accepting something only leads to stagnation and the death of progress.

 

Yeah brah, smash the system, down with Beats!!!!

post #500 of 547

This is seriously embarrassing for the both of you. If all you can contribute to this thread is a bunch of childishly baseless personal attacks, perhaps it would be best that both of you are banned from the thread. Then, maybe whatever hope a thread of this topic had of being rational and logical, like most other threads on the board, can be salvaged.

post #501 of 547
All of the Beats discussion threads here always turn into this foolishness... The mods need to ban the discussion of Beats or at least put them in with the Fuse and Power Cord people... biggrin.gif

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
post #502 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tus-Chan View Post

  1. The "mass market" is extremely uneducated about anything resembling a complex topic (I've had people argue to me that evolution doesn't exist because their pets haven't "evolved").

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tus-Chan View Post

This is seriously embarrassing for the both of you. If all you can contribute to this thread is a bunch of childishly baseless personal attacks, perhaps it would be best that both of you are banned from the thread. Then, maybe whatever hope a thread of this topic had of being rational and logical, like most other threads on the board, can be salvaged.

 

 

Do you see where you called people that buy a product you dislike "uneducated about anything resembling a complex topic"?

 

That would actually be a "childishly baseless personal attack", opposed to my mockery of your self-righteous crusade to convince people that your personal and subjective preferences are more correct than theirs. And calling for us to be banned is even more childish...


Edited by Eisenhower - 6/30/13 at 5:24pm
post #503 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tus-Chan View Post

This is seriously embarrassing for the both of you. If all you can contribute to this thread is a bunch of childishly baseless personal attacks, perhaps it would be best that both of you are banned from the thread. Then, maybe whatever hope a thread of this topic had of being rational and logical, like most other threads on the board, can be salvaged.
Its funny how you state that we are personally attacking you. My point was, everybody has different opinions and preferences because everyone is different. Thats all. Was that hurtful? Well according to you it was.

Also do realize, baselessly accusing people of being childish is extremely childish biggrin.gif

And calling people to be banned? Well that's only up to Jude and Currawong to decide.
Edited by streetdragon - 6/30/13 at 6:18pm
post #504 of 547
Wow that's funny... I don't remember calling for anyone to be banned...

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
post #505 of 547
Just move on pages and pages of arguing, every person has a right to there own opinion and bickering back and forth isn't achieving anything except tension amongst yourselves. Both people have valid points agree to disagree done.
post #506 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post

Wow that's funny... I don't remember calling for anyone to be banned...

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
Well it's in post 500.
post #507 of 547

Hey y'all, am I correct in understanding that it's possible for you guys to agree to disagree and keep it civil from here on outsmile.gif

post #508 of 547
I think we should have a head-fi debating team, in which everyone on it has posted over 5 times here is coerced into doing it.

Edited by headphone man07 - 7/1/13 at 10:03am
post #509 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by headphone man07 View Post


A debate has rules and follows a certain style. That will never happen on here.
post #510 of 547

Some things needs to be cleared up here...

 

  1. The "mass market" is extremely uneducated about anything resembling a complex topic (I've had people argue to me that evolution doesn't exist because their pets haven't "evolved").

 

Do you see where you called people that buy a product you dislike "uneducated about anything resembling a complex topic"? That would actually be a childishly baseless personal attack

 

First off, you started that sentence by twisting my words into something I never said in the first place. Those are your words, not mine. Secondly, it's not baseless because I provided proof for what I said immediately after what I said (it's an actual argument I had with a P.E. instructor at my old high school). The news has always been sensationalist in one way or another for this exact reason; most people are uninterested in spending additional time and effort to learn about complex issues unless they're invested in the issue for one reason or another. Third, what I said isn't a personal attack. If I was personally attacking you, I would have tried to discredit you ("You're an idiot, therefore you're wrong" is a personal attack) as opposed to discrediting your argument. I can see where you might have gotten confused because discrediting your argument required me to attack people in general, but you're still wrong about it being a personal attack. In fact, in the very next sentence, I specifically excluded you from this "personal attack" with

 

2. We aren't the "mass market"

 

Therefore, on no grounds can you possibly claim what I said was a personal attack against you. 

 

On the other hand, you have the nerve and the gall to, immediately before and right after (incorrectly) accusing me of throwing out personal attacks, make quite a few of your own!

 

Anyone with even fairly decent reading comprehension knows that adverbs are important.

 

A rude and baseless insult that had nothing to do with the credibility of my argument whatsoever.


Yeah brah, smash the system, down with Beats!!!!

 

Obvious strawman; I guess if you can't address my actual argument or philosophy, you can always make a silly sounding version and mock it.


your self-righteous crusade to convince people that your personal and subjective preferences are more correct than theirs.

 

I don't see how calling someone self-righteous is anything other than an insult.

 

Aside from that, I am not trying to say that my preferences are any greater than someone else's. If you want a headphone that looks really good regardless of how they sound, then that's your choice. However, my argument is that just because a headphone fulfills someone's preferences doesn't make it a good headphone.

Think of it as if we were arguing about doors. The primary function of a door is to let people in when it is open and act as a wall when it is closed. A door, regardless of how great it looks or how well it matches the building, is not a good door if it is six inches wide and falls over if you lean against it, regardless of how much it suits your preferences. The same applies for headphones. If it does not perform its primary function well, then it is not a good headphone, regardless of how many secondary functions it performs well. This is an entirely objective qualification that one can apply to anything. The only murky area here is that how well a headphone performs its primary function is subjective as well as objective. However, a headphone can be objectively measured in a variety of areas, and in these areas that can be measured, Beats perform atrociously. Measurements can be produced to show that Beats generally are very muddy and unclear, even if the person listening to them may not be able to subjectively notice this. This has nothing to do with what I prefer, but what objective science shows.

 

And as for you, streetdragon, I do not argue that different people have different preferences when it comes to different things. My point is that this is totally irrelevant when it comes to judging the performance of a headphone, which is an entirely objective matter. The Stax SR-009 is usually held to be the "best" headphone in technical performance in the world, despite the fact that its specific sound signature might not be to the majority's "preference".

And as for accusing you of being childish? I think that saying "no, you" to someone's argument over and over again instead of addressing the argument is pretty childish, which is basically exactly what you did to me for half a page.

 

You two are literally crying out that you're the ones being victimized, in the same breath that you're doing the same thing that you're decrying (that I never even did in the first place).


Edited by Tus-Chan - 7/1/13 at 2:29pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Constructive "Anti-Beats" headphone discussion