Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Constructive "Anti-Beats" headphone discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Constructive "Anti-Beats" headphone discussion - Page 32

post #466 of 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by headphone man07 View Post

him= a guy with seemingly limitless money, two (failed) attempts at trolling head-fi, armed with an itouch 4 (I think) and beats studio and the only advanced music equipment he has is a pair of decks.

me= a guy with not so much money, a completely active head-fi acount, armed with a sansa clip+, monoprice 8320, lindy premiums and a load of eq software. No advanced equipment. 3 years audio theory. Not saying I'm the fountain of all knowledge audio, but I do know a fair bit, mainly in the on ear closed back department 

so naturally, I thought I should calm down and tell everyone this story.

 

Are you criticizing Beats, or the users of Beats?

post #467 of 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by headphone man07 View Post

Slight problem with that concept. Mr Kolton would probably have better marketing and because of the lack of monsters almost winder like choking of the flower that is the headphone market (like my analogy?) the "flower" would spread and marketing would be given around equally to all headphones.

I'm trying but I cannot understand a word of what you just said. :/
post #468 of 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by ev13wt View Post

I'm trying but I cannot understand a word of what you just said. :/

 

LOL, me neither.

post #469 of 548
I don't blame Monster for releasing these overpriced headphones. I blame the people who purchase them thinking "Oh they are expensive, therefore they are better than everything cheaper". Monster is doing a great job at taking their stupidity to the bank. I suppose this is kinda what happens..
1) Person is using poor quality earbuds
2) Listens to Beats, which are obviously going to be better than some POS 10 dollar earphone.
3) "wow these are better than what I use! Therefore, they are best headphones ever"
4) They purchase said headphones at local Bestbuy or something. (Because face it, at least where I live, there are no places to purchase nice headphones or at least give a nice pair of headphones a try unless you have a friend with a set of cans. Since you can try Beats at like Bestbuy or something... the only not utterly awful headphones they can try are Beats they assume Beats are the best because they are the best they heard)
post #470 of 548
This thread is getting a lot more complicated.
post #471 of 548
I take back what I said Sennheisers not lookin nice. They look A LOT better in person... Long story
post #472 of 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibob4tacoz View Post

This thread is getting a lot more complicated.

in a few months time, the posts on here will become so complicated, they will be suitable for A level English Anthologies

post #473 of 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by ev13wt View Post


I'm trying but I cannot understand a word of what you just said. :/

Here is the jist of what I said for people who don't take English A level.

1) "Winder like choking" Beats marketing strangles headphone market, because their marketing is very good, it gets noticed before anything else thus stopping most other headphones marketing effectively

2) "The flower would spread" The flower, is the headphone market, the spreading is when all headphone brands get equal space in this market. Because of the fact that in a world where beats didn't exist (sighs longingly), market strategists and everyone who promotes products would HAVE to find somewhere else to work, a few, would find their way into v-moda 

post #474 of 548

please tell me you understand that

post #475 of 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisenhower View Post

 

Are you criticizing Beats, or the users of Beats?

I'm criticizing the arrogant users of beats, and beats for sending out the message for the users of said product to behave in such a way. That said, I know plenty of people that aren't scumbags that use beats

post #476 of 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by headphone man07 View Post

in a few months time, the posts on here will become so complicated, they will be suitable for A level English Anthologies
Jeez bro, you already did...
post #477 of 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by headphone man07 View Post

please tell me you understand that

Sort of, but its wrong. See, nobody cared about headphones before beats the end.

50 to 100 bucks was MAX any "normal" consumer would ever pay for headphones. Monster does sell snake oil and crap in a can, but now people spend 300-400 bucks for headphones and we have the internet to educate.

I bet because of this site alone, at least ten beats users everyday read here and think. That is a lot of trickle down for this hobby.
Edited by ev13wt - 6/29/13 at 12:01pm
post #478 of 548

I'm getting really bored by this argument, enough that I almost didn't respond.

 

fairly decent =/= good

 

 

 

 

 

It would appear that the world's dictionaries disagree with you. The words are clearly interchangeable. You can claim all kinds of personal semantics but that means pretty much nothing.

 

You are criticizing the mass market because they value different things than you do, which I've already said was idiotic, and you don't seem to understand why, so I don't know...

That is exactly like a Beats owner criticizing your choice of open cans because they are ugly. "Clearly you are an ignorant moron for choosing such ugly headphones."

 

The mass market doesn't value things very much differently than I do. I don't think you'd claim that very many of these people dropped two, three, four hundred dollars on something just because they look good, unless you want to do your argument a massive disservice.  That is like buying a top of the line phone or car because it comes in their favorite color, regardless of any of the other features it provides. Anyone who buys something for a reason completely irrelevant to its function is obviously a complete idiot. The problem is that these people think they're getting something they're not and then get their personal identity wrapped around the "status symbol" aspect of the product.

As for someone criticizing my open cans (let's say that I have my portable Stax rig out and about), who cares if they are ugly? They never claimed or were designed to be attractive. You can't say the same for Beats and their "sound".


Edited by Tus-Chan - 6/29/13 at 12:21pm
post #479 of 548
^^ People always want the latest and greatest.

An S3 mini is good enough, but it needs to be a one. A new car? For what? To show off. A used car will do the job good enough, and buy a cheap Japanese car and it will probably even use less gas.

Features my ass. People want the latest and greatest only to show off. In life and hobby. It what capitalism is all about!

Innovations? No. Seldom and far between. Small incremental upgrades ok. People have expensive computers and browse the web with them. I'll exclude video editing and gamers because they just aren't the huge mass of people I'm talking about.

Nobody needs a home, an appartment is fine. But we CAN, so we do. Impress the girls and all that.

And the same applies to misguided beats buyers.
post #480 of 548

I absolutely loathe status symbols. I would much rather people like me for who I am than what I drive or what I wear, and I despise when people rely on status symbols in order to try to advance themselves socially.

This is why I abhor Beats so much. Not only are they a widespread status symbol that make it harder to share my love of my hobby with others (HUR DUR U DONT HAVE BEATS LOSER), they have little to no actual substance to back up their "premium" status. They're the ultimate in shallow.


Edited by Tus-Chan - 6/29/13 at 1:17pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Constructive "Anti-Beats" headphone discussion