Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Constructive "Anti-Beats" headphone discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Constructive "Anti-Beats" headphone discussion - Page 19

post #271 of 547
The likes of beats have to be appreciated for only ONE THING. ..
They made headphones a cool thing to have around your neck..
They made larger headphones a cool factor, a fashion statement and a trend.
Both beats and skull candy make trendy looks and now monster with the tears.

When I see how popular beats are I have to blame the existing big companies for dropping the ball and failure with the consumer.
Looking at on and over ear cans from Grado, and beyer and dennon and also sennhieser,
And what you see is ugly old granspa designs from what looks like 60-70yr old engineers.
Old outdated looking sh*t.
Old sh*t, repeat after me...ugly old sh*t lol

At least AKG woke up and has better looks and also Sony tries but fails at not having a clue to what looks good, and at least Audio Technica has a style .
Vmoda hitting bullseye for being the Pinnacle of adult fashion with great sound

So when you see a kid with beats on,
Feel sorry for him about the poor sound.
And feel sorry for yourself for not having headphones in style that look as cool.
The odds are that the same kid will feel sorry for you and think you own an ugly old man can..
Edited by Maxx134 - 2/24/13 at 8:09am
post #272 of 547

A true audiophile gives ****** about how it looks

 

 

tongue.gif

post #273 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post

The likes of beats have to be appreciated for only ONE THING. ..
They made headphones a cool thing to have around your neck..
They made larger headphones a cool factor, a fashion statement and a trend.
Both beats and skull candy make trendy looks and now monster with the tears.

When I see how popular beats are I have to blame the existing big companies for dropping the ball and failure with the consumer.
Looking at on and over ear cans from Grado, and beyer and dennon and also sennhieser,
And what you see is ugly old granspa designs from what looks like 60-70yr old engineers.
Old outdated looking sh*t.
Old sh*t, repeat after me...ugly old sh*t lol

At least AKG woke up and has better looks and also Sony tries but fails at not having a clue to what looks good, and at least Audio Technica has a style .
Vmoda hitting bullseye for being the Pinnacle of adult fashion with great sound

So when you see a kid with beats on,
Feel sorry for him about the poor sound.
And feel sorry for yourself for not having headphones in style that look as cool.
The odds are that the same kid will feel sorry for you and think you own an ugly old man can..

headphones are made for sound, not just for looks alone.

post #274 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post

For those who had paid the price... maybe the BEATs can be modded...? 
The first company that can design a qualiity DRIVER REPLACEMENT, that can be easily swapped out and fits into place properly, for the beats , will make a killing.
Kind of like the "sound engines" for sol republic headphones.
They can call it any term like the "power drive" for beats , with instructions to swap out.
It would be a winner .
OR a mod thread can be started here for those willing take the challenge.
Edited by Maxx134 - 2/24/13 at 8:39am
post #275 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdragon View Post

headphones are made for sound, not just for looks alone.
Agree 100% BUT...
Let's be real, there is no way beats are sold for the sound.. ha
post #276 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeizo View Post

A true audiophile gives ****** about how it looks




tongue.gif
OMG hahahhhahahahhahhahhahhaha!!!!
post #277 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post

The likes of beats have to be appreciated for only ONE THING. ..
They made headphones a cool thing to have around your neck..
They made larger headphones a cool factor, a fashion statement and a trend.
Both beats and skull candy make trendy looks and now monster with the tears.

When I see how popular beats are I have to blame the existing big companies for dropping the ball and failure with the consumer.
Looking at on and over ear cans from Grado, and beyer and dennon and also sennhieser,
And what you see is ugly old granspa designs from what looks like 60-70yr old engineers.
Old outdated looking sh*t.
Old sh*t, repeat after me...ugly old sh*t lol

At least AKG woke up and has better looks and also Sony tries but fails at not having a clue to what looks good, and at least Audio Technica has a style .
Vmoda hitting bullseye for being the Pinnacle of adult fashion with great sound

So when you see a kid with beats on,
Feel sorry for him about the poor sound.
And feel sorry for yourself for not having headphones in style that look as cool.
The odds are that the same kid will feel sorry for you and think you own an ugly old man can..

You do know where style comes from, right? It's because of the marketing. If the NBA started wearing Beyer headphones everywhere, and then all the "cool" TV shows and magazines carried cool advertisements for them, then that would become the new style. So no. I don't feel sorry for the kids that wear Beats. They should learn to be more resistant to advertising and trendy hype. Time to grow up!

Meanwhile, Grados were a poor choice for that example. They are open air headphones and are not suitable for wearing in public. Moreover, my 13 year old son finds them "cool" because of their retro look, and retro often comes back as a style in clothing and other things. But because they are open air, they'll never be the "hip" look in what people wear around.
post #278 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post



Agree 100% BUT...
Let's be real, there is no way beats are sold for the sound.. ha

yeah i know, well you see, kids these days...redface.gif

post #279 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeizo View Post

A true audiophile gives ****** about how it looks

 

 

So assuming they put an HD25 driver into a purple and yellow headphone and it's endorsed by some very famous guy, audiophiles won't mind purple and yellow? tongue_smile.gif


Edited by ProtegeManiac - 2/24/13 at 9:30am
post #280 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

Meanwhile, Grados were a poor choice for that example..
Lol I think they are a great example of old outdated and ugly ha.
The *edit* "design" of those telephone drivers is like ice age and they base, exploit and depend on that iconic look for sales of their ridiculous pricing cans,
so in that sense they are just like beats!
Edited by Maxx134 - 2/24/13 at 9:38am
post #281 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post

Lol I think they are a great example of old outdated and ugly ha.
The technology of those telephone drivers is like ice age and they base, exploit and depend on that iconic look for sales of their ridiculous pricing cans,
so in that sense they are just like beats!

That's just trolling. Grados have amazing transient response and detail. It doesn't matter how old the technology is. They continue to receive acclaim for excellent sound for the money. Their sound may not be for everyone, but there are a large number of people who like their signature "sound" over other headphones. People don't buy them for how they look.
post #282 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post


Lol I think they are a great example of old outdated and ugly ha.
The *edit* "design" of those telephone drivers is like ice age and they base, exploit and depend on that iconic look for sales of their ridiculous pricing cans,
so in that sense they are just like beats!

what? grados are like beats because they have a retro look and use that as their main selling point?
i hope you are either joking or i misunderstood your statement.

post #283 of 547
Yea I guess I am incorrect on some counts

They do have good inexpensive cans .
I was referring to their expensive cans.
And all open ear cans have detail
So they are not unique except for their look.
Yes their look.
Edit:
Apologies for low blow troll.
Not my intention as I am sarcastic at times.
I do think they have quality sound like senheiser.
But like senheiser they look ugly.
Actually now that I think of it,
The Grado may look older,
But they still don't look as ugly as Senheiser.
With exception of the hd25 style,
Sennheser are the ugliest things on earth.
Just look at the hd2xx models
How's that for troill lol
Edited by Maxx134 - 2/24/13 at 10:37am
post #284 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post

Yea I guess I am incorrect on some counts

They do have inexpensive cans .
I was referring to their expensive cans.
And all open ear cans have detail
So they are not unique except for their look.
Yes their look.

Well, not all open cans have equal detail resolution or everyone would buy the cheap ones. And some closed cans have amazing resolution (planar magnetics immediately come to mind). And Grados definitely don't sound the same as other headphones.
post #285 of 547
Back on topic
Beats is "best".. beats is "bad*ss"
Hear is proof :
If you take a beats headphone,
Put it on your head,
and look at a it in the mirror....
A big "D" appears
Add "ummy" to that
Now look at the price you paid...

Enlightenment.
smily_headphones1.gif

Hey beats owners don't feel bad.
We all been robbed before in our lives.

Live & learn.
Like me
Now I can appreciate the Grado instead of my misinformation I had.
Edited by Maxx134 - 2/24/13 at 10:48am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Constructive "Anti-Beats" headphone discussion