Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 67

post #991 of 4362
Quote:
Originally Posted by czqdtc View Post

MY X-CC is here, will give you an answer soon : )

Make sure you burn in for couple hundreds of hours. Sound stage really opens up a lot after. Enjoy your X-CC.
post #992 of 4362
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolutionx View Post


Make sure you burn in for couple hundreds of hours. Sound stage really opens up a lot after. Enjoy your X-CC.

Really !?

I've never believed in the Burn- in process though XD

OK since it cost me my whole month's spare money I might as well give it a try this time : )

post #993 of 4362

I say listen while it burns in. Eventually you will get there.

post #994 of 4362
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post

I say listen while it burns in. Eventually you will get there.

Same here!
post #995 of 4362
The sound during the first 72 hours burn in for my IX was pretty defective. If you find yourself questioning your purchase during this time, don't listen. ;-)

And it suddenly changed.

The next 72 hours good things happened and all stabilised around the 160 hour mark.

Since the driver in all 3 models in the PF range is the same, I'd expect the break in to be pretty simillar.

Look forward to your opinion as I'm thinking about switching to the X.
post #996 of 4362
Quote:
Originally Posted by flkin View Post

The sound during the first 72 hours burn in for my IX was pretty defective. If you find yourself questioning your purchase during this time, don't listen. ;-)

And it suddenly changed.
 

 

Sounds more like it was your soul going through the burn in :)

 

Their signature is one that usually elicits this response:

 

"What have I done?!"

 

later...

 

"Hmm, these songs sound pretty decent with the Piano Forte."

 

even later...

 

"Oh my goodness! Such beauty, such radiance. It's like I'm hearing music for the first time! My life has meaning now!"

 

Well, the last one was a little hyperbolic, but the concept is the same. Once you learn to appreciate the PF's unconventional style, it's difficult to go back.

post #997 of 4362
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

Sounds more like it was your soul going through the burn in smily_headphones1.gif

Their signature is one that usually elicits this response:

"What have I done?!"

later...

"Hmm, these songs sound pretty decent with the Piano Forte."

even later...

"Oh my goodness! Such beauty, such radiance. It's like I'm hearing music for the first time! My life has meaning now!"

Well, the last one was a little hyperbolic, but the concept is the same. Once you learn to appreciate the PF's unconventional style, it's difficult to go back.

... And then add a tube amp into the equation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I know I sound like a broken record at the moment but I know Paul agree's, get a decent tube amp behind the PF and all that you said is magnified greatly...Oh what larx pip, what larx!
post #998 of 4362
As others have said here. The epiphany is sometimes resounding and swift on those Piano Fortes!

Gosh. Marconi Union's new Different Colors is just excellent on the PFs. What a relaxing experience.
post #999 of 4362
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundFreaq View Post

As others have said here. The epiphany is sometimes resounding and swift on those Piano Fortes!

Gosh. Marconi Union's new Different Colors is just excellent on the PFs. What a relaxing experience.


On the FI-BA-SS, I am surprised by how recordings that probably sibilant sound ok. And things recorded better, the timbre/tone seem right on.  Despite what some say, I think it has a bit of a chameleon like character.  Not what I was expecting -- I was expecting more harsh but so far quite nice and detailed.

 

I imagine the PFs are even warmer and more foregivng?

 

Really both you and Muppetface have been right on with your reviews.  Much thanks.


Edited by allbald - 1/27/13 at 6:36pm
post #1000 of 4362
Oh yes. I listened to that album on both the PFs and the FI-BA-SS. Both very different experiences, I'm not sure which one I liked most! Both are just fantastic. And you're right, you might think the SS would be harsh at times based on what you've read about them. But they just aren't. I am loving them to death! I can't wait for Ian to get a pair. I think he will just fall in love.
post #1001 of 4362

I am actually slightly surprised how they make bad recordings sound good.  So I have a fair amount of old pop - I was listening to an old Olivia Newton John song (don't laugh) - Xanadu - pretty much a crap recording.  These made it sound good and not only that it keeps surprising me  (in a good way) where you could pick up the bass and instrument separation in each ear. Just kind of a trippy experience.  I have some Enya stuff and these make them sound surreal.
 

post #1002 of 4362
You know, I'm with you on that. They are very exposing, but I have yet to find something that just sounds horribly awkward for the IEMs.

Glad I picked up a pair with them being discontinued. Either perfectly great timing or perfectly horrible. It can't be bad as I am loving these little guys to pieces.
post #1003 of 4362
Quote:
Originally Posted by czqdtc View Post

MY X-CC is here, will give you an answer soon : )

 

Congrats, there was another X-CC @ e-earphone.jp just sold on the 27th for 99,000 yen.

 

I did place an order for X-G last week but e-earphone.jp simply canceled that without any notifications whatsoever.

 

Most likely they might not like overseas credit cards and there is not an affordable way to order something.

 

Oh well, just save my money for FAD Pandora instead.

post #1004 of 4362
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeteeyou View Post

Congrats, there was another X-CC @ e-earphone.jp just sold on the 27th for 99,000 yen.

I did place an order for X-G last week but e-earphone.jp simply canceled that without any notifications whatsoever.

Most likely they might not like overseas credit cards and there is not an affordable way to order something.

Oh well, just save my money for FAD Pandora instead.

I ordered mine from musica acoustics cause that seems to be the only option here in US.
post #1005 of 4362

For people in the US, I'd recommend either Musica Acoustics or PriceJapan. For the latter, you can get price quotes even for products that aren't listed by filling out the forms on their site.

 

Alternatively you can shop at Amazon.co.jp and have things forwarded using a service like Tenso (which is actually easier than it may sound).

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread