Negatory. I found the stocks and Spinfits to be the best tips. Spiral Dots mess with the intimacy and makes the bass flabby. Ortofons mess with the imaging. YMMV I guess
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFinal Audio Designtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Adagio Vtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design FAD-BA-SBtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Heaven IVtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Piano Forte IXtagged by System, 7/31/12
- productFitEar TO GO! 334tagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Final Audio Design Heaven IV Last post on 2/6/15 at 5:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 12/8/13 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These are also known as the monoprice 8323's. I have these for nearly 2 years. I bought them a few months after my faithfull 8323's. Pros - for the price they deliver the highest quality...
Let me start this review with some information about the company that made these headphones, Philips. The company that invented the CD, the first radio etc. As a Dutch guy, I'm very connected with...
I'll start off by saying I am by no means an audiophile, just a kid with some money and a passion for music. These headphones, as far as I can tell, have more prominent mids than most...
Let me just say one thing up front: if you have any complaints about the speed or the bass extension of these headphones, you need a better headphone amp. /endofdiscussion The HD600s will take the...
Sound is neutral with a slight mid bass tilt. Highs and lows are well extended. Sound stage is large for an iem. The bass has some impact without being boomy. The treble is clear without...
Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 351post #5251 of 52582/4/15 at 7:54pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5252 of 52582/4/15 at 11:55pmQuote:
Man I will avoid the spiral dots for sure!post #5253 of 52582/5/15 at 5:02pm
Well I am testing the ortofons now and they are the most comfortable for sure....will have to compare more vs. spinfits for SQ.
Anyways, I took on the advice of my fellow Passeridae and devised some aparatus to make the Lab1 more ergonomic. As you can see in the pic, having opposable thumbs brings great advantage in the use of tool vs. claws.
For those wondering, I used the stem of wide bore silicone ear tips. Works very well.post #5254 of 52582/7/15 at 5:38ampost #5255 of 52582/9/15 at 9:35pmpost #5256 of 52582/10/15 at 8:19pm
Did someone mention micro phonics and cable being horrible??? Whispers came to me like waves running across the ocean from China from Minoulle-Mouse Man???? Bringing me out of hibernation???
Jnjy mentioned this: https://www.justmyshop.com/camp/finalaudiokit/ But the point I got out of this was can't somebody find a cable maker who could look at the diagram and figure out how to recable the FAD Heaven/Lab1????
So that's a CHALLENGE I'm throwing out: Find a cable maker who will recable the FAD
(I've already checked with Brian at BTG Audio and he won't touch it)
(As a reward if you find a cablemaker who will do it you have a free, expenses paid trip to the States and I will take you on a guided kayakfishing trip for shad and striper with a flyrod!!!)post #5257 of 52582/18/15 at 1:45am
anybody owns both heaven IV and heaven V?
thinking of changing IEMs... leaning towards rockets, but might as well check out final audio offerings... reviews and impressions on heaven 4 and 5 is pretty scarce... if anybody that still hang out here owns both, or just one of them, i have just one question...
how is the female vocals on your heaven iem compared to your other iems or your other headphones?
do you like your heaven iem more?
i listen to japanese music so that's a plus, as the final audio is probably tuned to japan domestic songs...(maybe....?)post #5258 of 52582/26/15 at 2:26pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 1 minute ago
- › Why is the Beyer DT990 pro so much cheaper than the DT880 pro? 1 minute ago
- › The Decware TABOO MK 111 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Proof that everyone has a different perception of cables 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Leonard Nimoy aka Spock has passed 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3