- 4,457 Posts. Joined 7/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFinaltagged by JenniferO, 6/8/15
- brandFinal Audio Designtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Adagio Vtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design FAD-BA-SBtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Heaven IVtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Piano Forte IXtagged by System, 7/31/12
- productFitEar TO GO! 334tagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Final Audio Design Heaven IV Last post on 6/29/15 at 8:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 12/8/13 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The Shure SE215 is the first IEM I owned and was the one that brought me in head-fi. I got mine for around $95 at the time after reading some reviews online here and there. Since then, I've learned...
The overall sound is similar to the Audeze LCD-2F - slightly on the warm side of neutral, but without the ultimate resolution the LCD-2F has. And easier to drive so you can plug them into your...
I have covered Tube Amp’s portable amps in the past (here and here). While the company is called ‘Tube Amp’, they don’t limit themselves to only tube amp, but also discrete amp. The LF-15 however...
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
I bought a pair of these for a real steal (used, for 70 bucks, on Amazon) earlier this month and I am LOVING them more than almost any other purchase I've made in my life. They sound amazing. ....
Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 34post #496 of 58089/29/12 at 7:18amThanks for the info Paul. They look like they have a rose gold plaiting, I wonder if the body is copper?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #497 of 58089/29/12 at 7:23ampost #498 of 58089/29/12 at 7:40amQuote:
It's going to be fascinating to see what the sonic signature is then, though, again, I won't be able to wear them as once that coating gets the smallest of scratches it will irritate my skin if the heavens are anything to go by. I noticed on their IX page they show the progression from raw to finished, I wonder what the coating is in the middle picture?post #499 of 58089/29/12 at 7:44ampost #500 of 58089/29/12 at 7:59amHave a look at this Paul, I found the English version of that page when you scroll down it mentions the external case is coated with a " natural resin powder".. The plot thickens! I wonder if it is just on the inside of the housing as it just looks like polished SS to me on the outside.
http://final-audio-design.com/en/archives/902post #501 of 58089/29/12 at 8:03ampost #502 of 58089/29/12 at 8:29ampost #503 of 58089/29/12 at 12:51pmAhh, second hand CD stores are great, new fodder for the IX's to feast upon this weekend! First up someone obviously does the same thing I do, buy CD's, rip them then sell them! Shawn Colvin's new album All fall down then the 50th anniversary double CD of the Bee Gees hits by Rhino, it is meant to be a really good remaster.
Next up is Christ Church Cathedral Choir's Missa Aspice Domine and saving the best for last and completing my Wagner Operas is Wolfgang Sawallisch's version of Tannhauser. Can't wait to listen to them all!post #504 of 58089/29/12 at 10:20pmThread Starterpost #505 of 580810/1/12 at 5:31ampost #506 of 580810/1/12 at 6:16pmpost #507 of 580810/3/12 at 1:25am
Musica Acoustic have listed the Heaven VI at $545 for preorder and then it will go to $645, cant wait to hear these babies!post #508 of 580810/5/12 at 1:19ampost #509 of 580810/5/12 at 1:32ampost #510 of 580810/5/12 at 11:26amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
Currently, there are 3405 Active Users (599 Members and 2806 Guests)
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 11 seconds ago
- › Looking for closed back portable headphones with great sound... 29 seconds ago
- › Rhapsodio - An overlooked brand of nice IEMs 58 seconds ago
- › Vape-Fi 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 1 minute ago
- › Upgrade from HD598+Fiio E10 ($600~$700 Budget) 1 minute ago
- › Hey guys! Need help with a pair of budget headphones (<$50). 3 minutes ago
- › Help me to select a good headphone.. 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Need help picking a pair of headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3