I'd love to be someone's friend. At a recent headfi meet, I realised I had too few friends. Consider me!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFinaltagged by JenniferO, 6/8/15
- brandFinal Audio Designtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Adagio Vtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design FAD-BA-SBtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Heaven IVtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Piano Forte IXtagged by System, 7/31/12
- productFitEar TO GO! 334tagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Final Audio Design Heaven IV Last post on Yesterday at 3:20 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are There Sonic Differences Between Final Audio Piano Forte VIII, IX and X? Last post on 11/24/16 at 7:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 12/8/13 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
Specification Ø Digital Input ：USB, Coaxial, PCM 44.1K-192K/16-24bit Ø DAC Chip ：WM8740 Ø Digital Output：Standard Coaxial Ø USB input required OS：Win...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out Meze's entry level product, the 11 Neo. Morpheus would be so proud. While they've been around for a while now Meze really found their stride...
Hifiman MegaMini Review - Expatinjapan Head Pie Hifiman and Campfire Audio Vega Hifiman MegaMini...
I recently received the JLab Epic2 Bluetooth headphones for review. Some of the new features of the Epic2 are the upgrade from ipx4 to ipx5 to improve resistance to sweat and water. They have...
It would of gotten a 5 star rating, if it wasn't so expensive. So I got to listen to the MOJO yesterday through the JVC SZ1000. Total different animal of an amp. Nice clean subbass, while...
Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 4post #46 of 66856/27/12 at 5:37am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 66856/27/12 at 11:17pmThread Starterpost #48 of 66857/10/12 at 8:58pmThread StarterQuote:
lol, how's your rating of FAD product? i have a read on your review website, it is awesome.post #49 of 66857/11/12 at 4:37am
It depends on which product, really. The M1350 style had some very good vocals, but bass and high treble were too recessed, even with EQ. That was a pretty poor overall product, though much easier to use than the 1601 series. That 1601, heavy and hard to use as it is, has magic, that if you can coax out, is worth it for those who have no qualms about the price. Very special earphone, but it needs something like a Graham Slee Voyager.
Later earphones, they seem to have cheaped out a bit, going for mass market (fine, but strange when hitherto, they only went for upper market). There are lots of interesting designs they make, some extraordinary.post #50 of 66857/11/12 at 12:10pm
I received both the Adagio V and Heaven IV today and made unboxing videos of both if anyone is interested.
Here is the Heaven IV one, you get to see the case in all its beauty until it finger prints ;)
Here is the Adagio V one and the case is equally impressive with a separate pouch for each channel :D
I have also had a quick listen to both and rather impressed by both actually, i have found them to be unique and the heaven IV sounded really great IMO.post #51 of 66857/11/12 at 10:21pmpost #52 of 66857/12/12 at 5:43amThread Starterpost #53 of 66857/12/12 at 6:19ampost #54 of 66857/12/12 at 7:02amQuote:
I felt the 1350 M1 and M2 were very unique, and certainly in keeping with FAD's sound philosophy with regard to dynamic earphones, ie. tuning them to approximate the sound of vintage horn speakers. It's the same motivation behind the 1601 and 1602 series, though done on a smaller scale and more price-friendly budget. I'm sad to see both the 1350 and 1601 series out of production now.post #55 of 66857/12/12 at 8:11am
The 1350 was definitely one of the most unique sounding products FAD came out with; it was flawed, like just about every FAD product in some way, shape, or form, but its specifically-designed star tips were simply a great method of allowing the mids to coalesce while diffusing the bass and highs. I tried using conventional tips on it and it sounded horrible. The 1350 is a product unlike any other. I'm not really one to buy FAD's ultra-colored products as I'm ultimately a utilitarian in-ear listener, but they sure are fun to experience.post #56 of 66857/12/12 at 8:57amQuote:
The Adagio V is probably FAD's most 'subdued' IEM, it isn't into histrionics the way the other FAD products are, and that's why it's perhaps the most neutral of the entire FAD line. The RE0 is definitely the more accurate-sounding earphone, but IMHO it isn't any more exciting than the Adagio V. The Adagio V perhaps has a little more sparkle up top, with more warmth at the lower end of the midrange --- it's FAD's MO for tuning their midrange.post #57 of 66857/12/12 at 10:54pmThread StarterQuote:
For budget segment wise, i'm not sure on the overall as marginal scale of pricing always affects the final result.
Do agree Adagio V has better extension on treble & sparkling effect on top.post #58 of 66857/13/12 at 8:50ampost #59 of 66857/19/12 at 8:02ampost #60 of 66857/19/12 at 8:12amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › NEW Audio Technica Multiple BA IEM: ATH LS50,70,200,300,400 52 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Shozy Zero IEMs 1 minute ago
- › Turn Your Detachable Cable Headphones into HiFi Bluetooth... 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Help EQing my Audioengine A2s 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 5 minutes ago
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by ExpatinJapan
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Chord MoJo by snellemin
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Frank I
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by UncleGamer
- › HyperX Cloud Revolver Multi-platform E-Sports Gaming Wire Headset... by UncleGamer
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by HiFiChris
- › Vibro Labs Sera triple armature in-ear monitors by sq3rjick
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear