I'd love to be someone's friend. At a recent headfi meet, I realised I had too few friends. Consider me!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFinal Audio Designtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Adagio Vtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design FAD-BA-SBtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Heaven IVtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Piano Forte IXtagged by System, 7/31/12
- productFitEar TO GO! 334tagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Final Audio Design Heaven IV Last post on 2/6/15 at 5:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 12/8/13 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Hello all in Head Fi community. This is my first ever review in this forum.I am not an expert in reviewing so I will only use very simple term or definition to convey my message. I just received...
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
Incipio F38 Remember the famous budget cans, the RP-HTF600? They we're great once modded, and so are these! So let's talk. This won't be a Super Detailed Review. Overall Sound: Highs...
Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 4post #46 of 53416/27/12 at 5:37am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 53416/27/12 at 11:17pmThread Starterpost #48 of 53417/10/12 at 8:58pmThread StarterQuote:
lol, how's your rating of FAD product? i have a read on your review website, it is awesome.post #49 of 53417/11/12 at 4:37am
It depends on which product, really. The M1350 style had some very good vocals, but bass and high treble were too recessed, even with EQ. That was a pretty poor overall product, though much easier to use than the 1601 series. That 1601, heavy and hard to use as it is, has magic, that if you can coax out, is worth it for those who have no qualms about the price. Very special earphone, but it needs something like a Graham Slee Voyager.
Later earphones, they seem to have cheaped out a bit, going for mass market (fine, but strange when hitherto, they only went for upper market). There are lots of interesting designs they make, some extraordinary.post #50 of 53417/11/12 at 12:10pm
I received both the Adagio V and Heaven IV today and made unboxing videos of both if anyone is interested.
Here is the Heaven IV one, you get to see the case in all its beauty until it finger prints ;)
Here is the Adagio V one and the case is equally impressive with a separate pouch for each channel :D
I have also had a quick listen to both and rather impressed by both actually, i have found them to be unique and the heaven IV sounded really great IMO.post #51 of 53417/11/12 at 10:21pmpost #52 of 53417/12/12 at 5:43amThread Starterpost #53 of 53417/12/12 at 6:19ampost #54 of 53417/12/12 at 7:02amQuote:
I felt the 1350 M1 and M2 were very unique, and certainly in keeping with FAD's sound philosophy with regard to dynamic earphones, ie. tuning them to approximate the sound of vintage horn speakers. It's the same motivation behind the 1601 and 1602 series, though done on a smaller scale and more price-friendly budget. I'm sad to see both the 1350 and 1601 series out of production now.post #55 of 53417/12/12 at 8:11am
The 1350 was definitely one of the most unique sounding products FAD came out with; it was flawed, like just about every FAD product in some way, shape, or form, but its specifically-designed star tips were simply a great method of allowing the mids to coalesce while diffusing the bass and highs. I tried using conventional tips on it and it sounded horrible. The 1350 is a product unlike any other. I'm not really one to buy FAD's ultra-colored products as I'm ultimately a utilitarian in-ear listener, but they sure are fun to experience.post #56 of 53417/12/12 at 8:57amQuote:
The Adagio V is probably FAD's most 'subdued' IEM, it isn't into histrionics the way the other FAD products are, and that's why it's perhaps the most neutral of the entire FAD line. The RE0 is definitely the more accurate-sounding earphone, but IMHO it isn't any more exciting than the Adagio V. The Adagio V perhaps has a little more sparkle up top, with more warmth at the lower end of the midrange --- it's FAD's MO for tuning their midrange.post #57 of 53417/12/12 at 10:54pmThread StarterQuote:
For budget segment wise, i'm not sure on the overall as marginal scale of pricing always affects the final result.
Do agree Adagio V has better extension on treble & sparkling effect on top.post #58 of 53417/13/12 at 8:50ampost #59 of 53417/19/12 at 8:02ampost #60 of 53417/19/12 at 8:12amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 11 seconds ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 17 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 17 seconds ago
- › Schiit Valhalla Tube Rolling thread. 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 1 minute ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Best IEM tips? 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by trane1992
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2