I'd love to be someone's friend. At a recent headfi meet, I realised I had too few friends. Consider me!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFinal Audio Designtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Adagio Vtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design FAD-BA-SBtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Heaven IVtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Piano Forte IXtagged by System, 7/31/12
- productFitEar TO GO! 334tagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Final Audio Design Heaven IV Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 12/8/13 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for the strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
I've received Concero HP from Ressonsense Labs for writing review in russian, but I want to share my thoughts with Head-Fi. As usual, I'll be somewhat brief, as I'm not so good in English, but I...
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 4post #46 of 44016/27/12 at 5:37am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 44016/27/12 at 11:17pmThread Starterpost #48 of 44017/10/12 at 8:58pmThread StarterQuote:
lol, how's your rating of FAD product? i have a read on your review website, it is awesome.post #49 of 44017/11/12 at 4:37am
It depends on which product, really. The M1350 style had some very good vocals, but bass and high treble were too recessed, even with EQ. That was a pretty poor overall product, though much easier to use than the 1601 series. That 1601, heavy and hard to use as it is, has magic, that if you can coax out, is worth it for those who have no qualms about the price. Very special earphone, but it needs something like a Graham Slee Voyager.
Later earphones, they seem to have cheaped out a bit, going for mass market (fine, but strange when hitherto, they only went for upper market). There are lots of interesting designs they make, some extraordinary.post #50 of 44017/11/12 at 12:10pm
I received both the Adagio V and Heaven IV today and made unboxing videos of both if anyone is interested.
Here is the Heaven IV one, you get to see the case in all its beauty until it finger prints ;)
Here is the Adagio V one and the case is equally impressive with a separate pouch for each channel :D
I have also had a quick listen to both and rather impressed by both actually, i have found them to be unique and the heaven IV sounded really great IMO.post #51 of 44017/11/12 at 10:21pmpost #52 of 44017/12/12 at 5:43amThread Starterpost #53 of 44017/12/12 at 6:19ampost #54 of 44017/12/12 at 7:02amQuote:
I felt the 1350 M1 and M2 were very unique, and certainly in keeping with FAD's sound philosophy with regard to dynamic earphones, ie. tuning them to approximate the sound of vintage horn speakers. It's the same motivation behind the 1601 and 1602 series, though done on a smaller scale and more price-friendly budget. I'm sad to see both the 1350 and 1601 series out of production now.post #55 of 44017/12/12 at 8:11am
The 1350 was definitely one of the most unique sounding products FAD came out with; it was flawed, like just about every FAD product in some way, shape, or form, but its specifically-designed star tips were simply a great method of allowing the mids to coalesce while diffusing the bass and highs. I tried using conventional tips on it and it sounded horrible. The 1350 is a product unlike any other. I'm not really one to buy FAD's ultra-colored products as I'm ultimately a utilitarian in-ear listener, but they sure are fun to experience.post #56 of 44017/12/12 at 8:57amQuote:
The Adagio V is probably FAD's most 'subdued' IEM, it isn't into histrionics the way the other FAD products are, and that's why it's perhaps the most neutral of the entire FAD line. The RE0 is definitely the more accurate-sounding earphone, but IMHO it isn't any more exciting than the Adagio V. The Adagio V perhaps has a little more sparkle up top, with more warmth at the lower end of the midrange --- it's FAD's MO for tuning their midrange.post #57 of 44017/12/12 at 10:54pmThread StarterQuote:
For budget segment wise, i'm not sure on the overall as marginal scale of pricing always affects the final result.
Do agree Adagio V has better extension on treble & sparkling effect on top.post #58 of 44017/13/12 at 8:50ampost #59 of 44017/19/12 at 8:02ampost #60 of 44017/19/12 at 8:12amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 22 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › Woo WA22 in Black with stock tubes 2 minutes ago
- › Beats by Dre question, could you like them if.. 3 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 5 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 7 minutes ago
- › The Apex Teton Review and Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › For cleaning Your iems and Ciems : hearing-aid-drying-case from... 8 minutes ago
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)