Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 263

post #3931 of 5343
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post

 

This Lab series is very limited edition but if successful could become a future full-release product.

 

Having talked to FAD and the distributors, there's not a LAB-1 to be had. They sold out in a week. I'm betting that qualifies as "successful." I still want to hear it. 

post #3932 of 5343
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundFreaq View Post

Having talked to FAD and the distributors, there's not a LAB-1 to be had. They sold out in a week. I'm betting that qualifies as "successful." I still want to hear it. 

Sup man, long time no see! Muzak told me he's really enjoying his but he thinks the Zero Audio Tenore can more than hold its own against the LAB I. So yeah... Might wanna give that a looksie wink.gif
post #3933 of 5343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post


Sup man, long time no see! Muzak told me he's really enjoying his but he thinks the Zero Audio Tenore can more than hold its own against the LAB I. So yeah... Might wanna give that a looksie wink.gif

 

Hey T!

 

for that price, might as well give 'em a whirl!

 

And I found a Japanese distributor that feels confident in being able to "reserve" one. Not sure if it's a language barrier, he is misinformed, or if he knows they will be making a full run on the Lab-1. 

post #3934 of 5343

There's still one Lab-1 lying in the store. For the price asked, well, it's a bit steep (close to USD $2k). But in my country, everything is expensive due to taxes and stuffs.

post #3935 of 5343
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundFreaq View Post

Hey T!

for that price, might as well give 'em a whirl!

And I found a Japanese distributor that feels confident in being able to "reserve" one. Not sure if it's a language barrier, he is misinformed, or if he knows they will be making a full run on the Lab-1. 

Yeah the LAB I is supposed to be a limited run I think. Probably due to the weird 3D printing process being expensive. I think it'll be like a KAEDE/SUI/KURO situation, where the tech will trickle down into more affordable models.

I grabbed a Tenore last night off of eBay. Eager to give it a listen. SQ is supposed to make it an incredible steal, and thankfully the cable and build are really good as well. Muzak said he wasn't confident that more people would pick the LAB I over the Tenore in a blind listening audition, so yeah, quite good indeed
post #3936 of 5343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post


Yeah the LAB I is supposed to be a limited run I think. Probably due to the weird 3D printing process being expensive. I think it'll be like a KAEDE/SUI/KURO situation, where the tech will trickle down into more affordable models.

I grabbed a Tenore last night off of eBay. Eager to give it a listen. SQ is supposed to make it an incredible steal, and thankfully the cable and build are really good as well. Muzak said he wasn't confident that more people would pick the LAB I over the Tenore in a blind listening audition, so yeah, quite good indeed

 

Yes, it was a limited edition which sold out in a week. They've mentioned that they will do a series based on this concept, so I would think they would probably release the most expensive one first. They also said if the Lab-1 were successful, they would do a full production of it. I think it qualified as successful ; )

post #3937 of 5343

hi guys

 

what do you think about pandora hope 4 VS pandora hope 6 ?

 

:)

post #3938 of 5343

Plastic reverb vs. metal reverb.

darker sound vs brighter sound.

post #3939 of 5343
Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnholy View Post
 

Plastic reverb vs. metal reverb.

darker sound vs brighter sound.

ah, yes of course... actualy i heard them both, but i didnt try that much, that time i was busy with other stuff :)

 

i mean, deeper opinion about which one is more worth to buy in various situation

maybe about price to value? maybe about built or finishing? :)

 

thanks in advanceee... :D

post #3940 of 5343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Advert View Post
 

ah, yes of course... actualy i heard them both, but i didnt try that much, that time i was busy with other stuff :)

 

i mean, deeper opinion about which one is more worth to buy in various situation

maybe about price to value? maybe about built or finishing? :)

 

thanks in advanceee... :D

 

In FAD world, value is a very... absurd thing. It's especially ridiculous (to me personally) in the higher priced products as most of the time, the difference is not in detail retrieval ability or some technical stuffs, but rather the taste, or the flavor coming from the reverb of that particular material.

 

In this Pandora case, I personally wouldn't go back to the IV since I have the VI, and to me I prefer VI a lot more than IV due to my disliking of the plastic reverb (which reminds me of my "late" Beyerdynamic T70). It's very evident for closed cans with plastic housing (or so my expectation bias tells me). Basically, the sound is the same, in regards to the 3-freq and sound signature. It sounds like the VI but that VI gives an edge with the metal reverb, which sounds much more alive, surreal, and "correct" on FAD terms. The "camera body" IV sounds just a tad behind those things I like, and to me personally I'd go straight to the VI since the price difference isn't that big (a few hundred bucks is big in terms of "real world", but not in "FAD-audiophile" world, that's my justification of going for VI).

 

Build and finishing? You can clearly see (or so from the demo unit I saw in store) that the VI has better cable (thicker) than the IV, and the side slider for VI is much more polished. Ironically the padding is much better on the IV, and I heard that the store would probably gives the early buyer of VI a set of IV pads if available. The pads of IV is better in the sense that they are thicker and so the ears don't touch the drivers easily.

post #3941 of 5343
Well sadly I had to return the Heaven V1's due to fit issues.
John at hifiheadphones was brilliant about it. A great shame. I completely agree with what people say about communication of emotion.
I thought concepts like that were bollo until I heard the Heavens.
I am now waiting for JH13 customs.
I'm prepared to bet that although they will be great they won't have what the FAD's have.
BTW. I think it speaks volumes how interesting this thread is. With philosophy, poetry and music!
Unique on here IME.
I've enjoyed my time here and am very sorry I won't be joining you lucky owners.
Thanks for all the help.
post #3942 of 5343
Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnholy View Post

In FAD world, value is a very... absurd thing. It's especially ridiculous (to me personally) in the higher priced products as most of the time, the difference is not in detail retrieval ability or some technical stuffs, but rather the taste, or the flavor coming from the reverb of that particular material.

In this Pandora case, I personally wouldn't go back to the IV since I have the VI, and to me I prefer VI a lot more than IV due to my disliking of the plastic reverb (which reminds me of my "late" Beyerdynamic T70). It's very evident for closed cans with plastic housing (or so my expectation bias tells me). Basically, the sound is the same, in regards to the 3-freq and sound signature. It sounds like the VI but that VI gives an edge with the metal reverb, which sounds much more alive, surreal, and "correct" on FAD terms. The "camera body" IV sounds just a tad behind those things I like, and to me personally I'd go straight to the VI since the price difference isn't that big (a few hundred bucks is big in terms of "real world", but not in "FAD-audiophile" world, that's my justification of going for VI).

Build and finishing? You can clearly see (or so from the demo unit I saw in store) that the VI has better cable (thicker) than the IV, and the side slider for VI is much more polished. Ironically the padding is much better on the IV, and I heard that the store would probably gives the early buyer of VI a set of IV pads if available. The pads of IV is better in the sense that they are thicker and so the ears don't touch the drivers easily.

Ah. Thank you very much

Yes. I knew that FAD things are "never" cheap in value... Thats why i only can ask that question HERE, not at other thread hahahhaa

Yes, few month ago i tried to buy VI, just because the "false" pad then i didnt buy VI
VI pads are easy to broke, and the IV pads are much better, thats why i am thinking to buy IV now

And also right now VI no stock in my country smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you
post #3943 of 5343
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismusic View Post

Well sadly I had to return the Heaven V1's due to fit issues.
John at hifiheadphones was brilliant about it. A great shame. I completely agree with what people say about communication of emotion.
I thought concepts like that were bollo until I heard the Heavens.
I am now waiting for JH13 customs.
I'm prepared to bet that although they will be great they won't have what the FAD's have.
BTW. I think it speaks volumes how interesting this thread is. With philosophy, poetry and music!
Unique on here IME.
I've enjoyed my time here and am very sorry I won't be joining you lucky owners.
Thanks for all the help.

 

Ah, that is too bad. :-(.

 

I am in this unusual category where the Heavens fit better than any other IEM including my custom ES5. That's because they slide inside my ear canals and seal without really creating a vacuum. But if they stuck outside Frankenstein style, I can see that they might cause issues for some people.

post #3944 of 5343
My fit issue was confirmed by the guy who did my CIEM impressions. Not only is my left canal smaller (not unusual) but the bend is fast immediately past the entry point. I would have tried custom sleeves but for that frigging cable!
post #3945 of 5343
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundFreaq View Post
 

 

Hey T!

 

for that price, might as well give 'em a whirl!

 

And I found a Japanese distributor that feels confident in being able to "reserve" one. Not sure if it's a language barrier, he is misinformed, or if he knows they will be making a full run on the Lab-1. 

If you get them, join the Tenore thread :)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/665111/zero-audio-zh-dx200-carbo-tenore-zh-dx210-carbo-basso-carbon-aluminium-iem-information-appreciation-and-impressions-thread

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread