@akarise I agree with you, especially your gripes, pretty much match what I would want improved. Thanks for sharing your impressions
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFinal Audio Designtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Adagio Vtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design FAD-BA-SBtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Heaven IVtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Piano Forte IXtagged by System, 7/31/12
- productFitEar TO GO! 334tagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Final Audio Design Heaven IV Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 12/8/13 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
They sound nice and have lot of bass.. the wire is cheap but did not break for now but for intensive use im sure it will.... The treble is killing my ear seriously i may have got a...
The sound of master 1s is trully great for its size, especially the lower end. As you can see the NOS arrived with deteriorated ear pad and it still sound good with lot of bass extension. Even...
Using TheHeadphoneList's Review Format Below Accessories - 3/5 You get a semi-hard case with a felt-like exterior that zips up and 3 different sized tips to help fit your ears....
Brainwavz HM9 is a portable / foldable, super comfortable headphone priced at $150 USD ($119 at the time of writting on Amazon) that surely grabs attention including mine, with it's stylish...
Ok guys, here's my take on the SennGrados... First of all, I would like to mention that these are not my personal cans, they are on loan to me as part of a tour that's spreading the word on...
Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 242post #3616 of 45231/17/14 at 6:50am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3617 of 45231/17/14 at 7:33am
And that's where the FAD PH8 comes... LOL
A local vendor has sent feedback to FAD regarding the pads. Let's hope somebody does something to improve the user experience.
Personally, this PH6 is less forward and I do like it for one reason: It feels less intimate and more relaxing. Just like listening to a music performance in a restaurant. Not hall-like wide, definitely not room-like narrow. Quite a remarkable surround effect it produces too.post #3618 of 45231/17/14 at 7:49am
If only the PHVIII didn't cost more than twice the price of the VI... I'm going to see if I can live with these for a few weeks but I'm not sure as of now if I'll keep them. They're so beautiful though that I'm almost considering to just have them on my desk as eye candy haha.post #3619 of 45231/18/14 at 7:05pmSorry but I'm just starting to follow the FAD thread more in recent days. Is the older dynamic, 1350, 13mm earphone bass shy? Thanks in advance.post #3620 of 45231/18/14 at 10:56pmQuote:
This thread is doomed.Quote:
Joking aside, haven't heard them myself, but here's shigzeo's take:Quote:Originally Posted by shigzeo
It depends on which product, really. The M1350 style had some very good vocals, but bass and high treble were too recessed, even with EQ. That was a pretty poor overall product, though much easier to use than the 1601 series. That 1601, heavy and hard to use as it is, has magic, that if you can coax out, is worth it for those who have no qualms about the price. Very special earphone, but it needs something like a Graham Slee Voyager.
Considering that the 1601 are still mid-centric, I kinda doubt that the 1350 will be your cup of tea. But then again, I've been wrong before (*cough*W4*cough ;-)
Edited by james444 - 1/18/14 at 10:57pmpost #3621 of 45231/18/14 at 11:18pmQuote:
Doomed? All good things come to an end my friend james444. lol
Thanks for the input sir.post #3622 of 45231/19/14 at 1:06ampost #3623 of 45231/19/14 at 2:37amQuote:
I'm with you on the Heaven VI, love it, and perhaps on the PF MSY but for the life of me I cannot figure out what that is.post #3624 of 45231/19/14 at 4:22am
I'm going to try to get my hands on a (discontinued) Hoomia Bon 2.10, which is basically a cheapo version of the 1350M1/M2. I've heard that the transducers are actually the same, and it has the star tips too (which basically makes everything mid-centric). I've heard it before, and it sounds similar to the 1350M1 that I briefly heard years ago, but I can't confirm whether they're the same.
I do know that Hoomia contracted with Kanemori Takai years ago to help tune their earphones, while they designed earphones for FAD (Hoomia is mainly a design house, with a minor OEM manufacturing component). Hoomia sales reps have stated before that the 2.10 is actually the same thing as the 1350M1, just with different cable materials.post #3625 of 45231/19/14 at 6:55ampost #3626 of 45231/19/14 at 7:37amQuote:Originally Posted by BenF I personally will not risk it, but found them here: http://global.pchome.com.tw/english/DGAF2W-A60453996
Oh no, there's no risk for me --- it's not a problem for me to get them; I know someone liquidating them right now, and I live in Taiwan. I just might not have time to get them before they're snatched up by someone else.post #3627 of 45231/19/14 at 1:49pmpost #3628 of 45231/20/14 at 4:33amListening to the Hoomia Bon 2.10 as I type this on my F886. It definitely has the Piano Forte sound, and the sound is horrible with normal tips. They really need the star tips, or else the sound is like vomit. With them, it has that midcentric sound signature of FAD.post #3629 of 45231/20/14 at 8:19am
I remember in the brief period I owned the Heaven IV, they were a bit strident in the highs and did not impress much.
That's possibly due to a bad seal though...
Does Heaven V rectify that?post #3630 of 45231/20/14 at 8:22amQuote:
Were you using the default narrow tips? It doesn't happen to me with the wide ones, narrow ones sound worse all over the frequencies.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 6 seconds ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 20 seconds ago
- › Best headphones under 100$ 32 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 36 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 1 minute ago
- › Fiio x5 vs Ibasso dx90 2 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 3 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 3 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** RHA (Reid Heath Acoustics) T10i IEM to debut at IFA 2014 4 minutes ago
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 Series 2 by RubxQub
- › Brainwavz HM9 Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by wormsdriver
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by trevorburnham
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › HeadRoom Little With More Power Supply by Mshenay
- › beyerdynamic T50p by gotak
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)