- 7,185 Posts. Joined 11/2009
- Location: Chicago, IL USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFinaltagged by JenniferO, 6/8/15
- brandFinal Audio Designtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Adagio Vtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design FAD-BA-SBtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Heaven IVtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Piano Forte IXtagged by System, 7/31/12
- productFitEar TO GO! 334tagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Final Audio Design Heaven IV Last post on 12/2/16 at 3:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are There Sonic Differences Between Final Audio Piano Forte VIII, IX and X? Last post on 11/24/16 at 7:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 12/8/13 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
These are just plain excellent. I was never really a believer in IEMs, but I am now. These Philips SHE3590s are a real eye-opener. According to the ratings here on Head-Fi, these do, in fact,...
Lately it seems that almost every week there are new (or at least unheard of by most) companies releasing new DAPs (Digital Audio Players). This is great for the consumer because more products...
Vibro Labs - Maya Review November 2016 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Firstly a thanks to Ejong7 & Luke Pighetti @ Vibro labs for...
Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 242post #3616 of 66951/18/14 at 7:05pmSorry but I'm just starting to follow the FAD thread more in recent days. Is the older dynamic, 1350, 13mm earphone bass shy? Thanks in advance.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3617 of 66951/18/14 at 10:56pmQuote:
This thread is doomed.Quote:
Joking aside, haven't heard them myself, but here's shigzeo's take:Quote:Originally Posted by shigzeo
It depends on which product, really. The M1350 style had some very good vocals, but bass and high treble were too recessed, even with EQ. That was a pretty poor overall product, though much easier to use than the 1601 series. That 1601, heavy and hard to use as it is, has magic, that if you can coax out, is worth it for those who have no qualms about the price. Very special earphone, but it needs something like a Graham Slee Voyager.
Considering that the 1601 are still mid-centric, I kinda doubt that the 1350 will be your cup of tea. But then again, I've been wrong before (*cough*W4*cough ;-)
Edited by james444 - 1/18/14 at 10:57pmpost #3618 of 66951/18/14 at 11:18pmQuote:
Doomed? All good things come to an end my friend james444. lol
Thanks for the input sir.post #3619 of 66951/19/14 at 1:06ampost #3620 of 66951/19/14 at 2:37amQuote:
I'm with you on the Heaven VI, love it, and perhaps on the PF MSY but for the life of me I cannot figure out what that is.post #3621 of 66951/19/14 at 4:22am
I'm going to try to get my hands on a (discontinued) Hoomia Bon 2.10, which is basically a cheapo version of the 1350M1/M2. I've heard that the transducers are actually the same, and it has the star tips too (which basically makes everything mid-centric). I've heard it before, and it sounds similar to the 1350M1 that I briefly heard years ago, but I can't confirm whether they're the same.
I do know that Hoomia contracted with Kanemori Takai years ago to help tune their earphones, while they designed earphones for FAD (Hoomia is mainly a design house, with a minor OEM manufacturing component). Hoomia sales reps have stated before that the 2.10 is actually the same thing as the 1350M1, just with different cable materials.post #3622 of 66951/19/14 at 6:55ampost #3623 of 66951/19/14 at 7:37amQuote:Originally Posted by BenF I personally will not risk it, but found them here: http://global.pchome.com.tw/english/DGAF2W-A60453996
Oh no, there's no risk for me --- it's not a problem for me to get them; I know someone liquidating them right now, and I live in Taiwan. I just might not have time to get them before they're snatched up by someone else.post #3624 of 66951/19/14 at 1:49pmpost #3625 of 66951/20/14 at 4:33amListening to the Hoomia Bon 2.10 as I type this on my F886. It definitely has the Piano Forte sound, and the sound is horrible with normal tips. They really need the star tips, or else the sound is like vomit. With them, it has that midcentric sound signature of FAD.post #3626 of 66951/20/14 at 8:19am
I remember in the brief period I owned the Heaven IV, they were a bit strident in the highs and did not impress much.
That's possibly due to a bad seal though...
Does Heaven V rectify that?post #3627 of 66951/20/14 at 8:22amQuote:
Were you using the default narrow tips? It doesn't happen to me with the wide ones, narrow ones sound worse all over the frequencies.post #3628 of 66951/20/14 at 8:32amQuote:
Probably this was a year ago
I only used stock tips I thinkpost #3629 of 66951/20/14 at 8:43ampost #3630 of 66951/20/14 at 12:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by BenF
I personally will not risk it, but found them here:
They have it here as well but says "coming soon". Probably never updated their site. These look damn interesting though.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 46 seconds ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › akg n20 vs focal sphear vs sennheiser ie60, which one is better? 2 minutes ago
- › Good $30-$40 DAC and/or DAC/amps for music listening? 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page) 4 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 4 minutes ago
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear