- 6,957 Posts. Joined 11/2009
- Location: Chicago, IL USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFinaltagged by JenniferO, 6/8/15
- brandFinal Audio Designtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Adagio Vtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design FAD-BA-SBtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Heaven IVtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Piano Forte IXtagged by System, 7/31/12
- productFitEar TO GO! 334tagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Final Audio Design Heaven IV Last post on 6/29/15 at 8:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 12/8/13 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Photo courtesy of Onsong Audio INTRODUCTION I recently tested out two battery-powered DAC/Amp solutions for getting better audio out of my iPhone, the Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3. When I...
PIONEER HRM-7 REVIEW The Pioneer HRM-7 is what seems to be Pioneers first entry into the professional studio realm. Previously Pioneer has been very involved in providing almost everything a DJ...
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
The T40rp mark 2 is a very fine headphone. My first impression's of them where positive although your ears might take a while to get use to the very unique sound signature. They are very well...
You gonna get an amp now? ...or wait? o.k., you gonna wait? keep...
Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 242post #3616 of 58691/18/14 at 7:05pmSorry but I'm just starting to follow the FAD thread more in recent days. Is the older dynamic, 1350, 13mm earphone bass shy? Thanks in advance.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3617 of 58691/18/14 at 10:56pmQuote:
This thread is doomed.Quote:
Joking aside, haven't heard them myself, but here's shigzeo's take:Quote:Originally Posted by shigzeo
It depends on which product, really. The M1350 style had some very good vocals, but bass and high treble were too recessed, even with EQ. That was a pretty poor overall product, though much easier to use than the 1601 series. That 1601, heavy and hard to use as it is, has magic, that if you can coax out, is worth it for those who have no qualms about the price. Very special earphone, but it needs something like a Graham Slee Voyager.
Considering that the 1601 are still mid-centric, I kinda doubt that the 1350 will be your cup of tea. But then again, I've been wrong before (*cough*W4*cough ;-)
Edited by james444 - 1/18/14 at 10:57pmpost #3618 of 58691/18/14 at 11:18pmQuote:
Doomed? All good things come to an end my friend james444. lol
Thanks for the input sir.post #3619 of 58691/19/14 at 1:06ampost #3620 of 58691/19/14 at 2:37amQuote:
I'm with you on the Heaven VI, love it, and perhaps on the PF MSY but for the life of me I cannot figure out what that is.post #3621 of 58691/19/14 at 4:22am
I'm going to try to get my hands on a (discontinued) Hoomia Bon 2.10, which is basically a cheapo version of the 1350M1/M2. I've heard that the transducers are actually the same, and it has the star tips too (which basically makes everything mid-centric). I've heard it before, and it sounds similar to the 1350M1 that I briefly heard years ago, but I can't confirm whether they're the same.
I do know that Hoomia contracted with Kanemori Takai years ago to help tune their earphones, while they designed earphones for FAD (Hoomia is mainly a design house, with a minor OEM manufacturing component). Hoomia sales reps have stated before that the 2.10 is actually the same thing as the 1350M1, just with different cable materials.post #3622 of 58691/19/14 at 6:55ampost #3623 of 58691/19/14 at 7:37amQuote:Originally Posted by BenF I personally will not risk it, but found them here: http://global.pchome.com.tw/english/DGAF2W-A60453996
Oh no, there's no risk for me --- it's not a problem for me to get them; I know someone liquidating them right now, and I live in Taiwan. I just might not have time to get them before they're snatched up by someone else.post #3624 of 58691/19/14 at 1:49pmpost #3625 of 58691/20/14 at 4:33amListening to the Hoomia Bon 2.10 as I type this on my F886. It definitely has the Piano Forte sound, and the sound is horrible with normal tips. They really need the star tips, or else the sound is like vomit. With them, it has that midcentric sound signature of FAD.post #3626 of 58691/20/14 at 8:19am
I remember in the brief period I owned the Heaven IV, they were a bit strident in the highs and did not impress much.
That's possibly due to a bad seal though...
Does Heaven V rectify that?post #3627 of 58691/20/14 at 8:22amQuote:
Were you using the default narrow tips? It doesn't happen to me with the wide ones, narrow ones sound worse all over the frequencies.post #3628 of 58691/20/14 at 8:32amQuote:
Probably this was a year ago
I only used stock tips I thinkpost #3629 of 58691/20/14 at 8:43ampost #3630 of 58691/20/14 at 12:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by BenF
I personally will not risk it, but found them here:
They have it here as well but says "coming soon". Probably never updated their site. These look damn interesting though.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Schiit Owners Unite 32 seconds ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 59 seconds ago
- › Questyle QP1 2 minutes ago
- › X1 doesn't recognize albums 4 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 5 minutes ago
- › Woo WA2 Tube Rolling Recommendations 5 minutes ago
- › RHA MA-750i Review 8 minutes ago
- › DT1350 vs SRH840 (possibly FA-003) 9 minutes ago
- › Post your favourite 80s music videos, any genre 9 minutes ago
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Hisoundfi
- › Project Horizon 3 by Army-Firedawg
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2