- 6,901 Posts. Joined 11/2009
- Location: Chicago, IL USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFinal Audio Designtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Adagio Vtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design FAD-BA-SBtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Heaven IVtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Piano Forte IXtagged by System, 7/31/12
- productFitEar TO GO! 334tagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Final Audio Design Heaven IV Last post on 2/6/15 at 5:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 12/8/13 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Firstly, I'd like to thank @H20Fidelity for including me on this tour. It's always a great experience and privilege to be a part of such a great community which organises these tours for members...
This is my first review on head-fi. I had humble beginnings in my path as an audiophile that only officially started once I got the wonderful AKG K550 and grew more conscious of the link between...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank RIVA Audio team for a review sample of Turbo X provided to me in exchange for my honest opinion. Thanks to the original Jambox, going back a...
http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/ It takes a lot of confidence to name your product after the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird. If your going to honor the legendary mach 3+ strategic reconnaissance...
Every 6 months I've had the pleasure of talking to Shinobu Karaki of Aurorasound at the Tokyo headphone festivals. As an ex-Texas Instruments employee he has come up with some interesting...
Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 242post #3616 of 54231/18/14 at 7:05pmSorry but I'm just starting to follow the FAD thread more in recent days. Is the older dynamic, 1350, 13mm earphone bass shy? Thanks in advance.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3617 of 54231/18/14 at 10:56pmQuote:
This thread is doomed.Quote:
Joking aside, haven't heard them myself, but here's shigzeo's take:Quote:Originally Posted by shigzeo
It depends on which product, really. The M1350 style had some very good vocals, but bass and high treble were too recessed, even with EQ. That was a pretty poor overall product, though much easier to use than the 1601 series. That 1601, heavy and hard to use as it is, has magic, that if you can coax out, is worth it for those who have no qualms about the price. Very special earphone, but it needs something like a Graham Slee Voyager.
Considering that the 1601 are still mid-centric, I kinda doubt that the 1350 will be your cup of tea. But then again, I've been wrong before (*cough*W4*cough ;-)
Edited by james444 - 1/18/14 at 10:57pmpost #3618 of 54231/18/14 at 11:18pmQuote:
Doomed? All good things come to an end my friend james444. lol
Thanks for the input sir.post #3619 of 54231/19/14 at 1:06ampost #3620 of 54231/19/14 at 2:37amQuote:
I'm with you on the Heaven VI, love it, and perhaps on the PF MSY but for the life of me I cannot figure out what that is.post #3621 of 54231/19/14 at 4:22am
I'm going to try to get my hands on a (discontinued) Hoomia Bon 2.10, which is basically a cheapo version of the 1350M1/M2. I've heard that the transducers are actually the same, and it has the star tips too (which basically makes everything mid-centric). I've heard it before, and it sounds similar to the 1350M1 that I briefly heard years ago, but I can't confirm whether they're the same.
I do know that Hoomia contracted with Kanemori Takai years ago to help tune their earphones, while they designed earphones for FAD (Hoomia is mainly a design house, with a minor OEM manufacturing component). Hoomia sales reps have stated before that the 2.10 is actually the same thing as the 1350M1, just with different cable materials.post #3622 of 54231/19/14 at 6:55ampost #3623 of 54231/19/14 at 7:37amQuote:Originally Posted by BenF I personally will not risk it, but found them here: http://global.pchome.com.tw/english/DGAF2W-A60453996
Oh no, there's no risk for me --- it's not a problem for me to get them; I know someone liquidating them right now, and I live in Taiwan. I just might not have time to get them before they're snatched up by someone else.post #3624 of 54231/19/14 at 1:49pmpost #3625 of 54231/20/14 at 4:33amListening to the Hoomia Bon 2.10 as I type this on my F886. It definitely has the Piano Forte sound, and the sound is horrible with normal tips. They really need the star tips, or else the sound is like vomit. With them, it has that midcentric sound signature of FAD.post #3626 of 54231/20/14 at 8:19am
I remember in the brief period I owned the Heaven IV, they were a bit strident in the highs and did not impress much.
That's possibly due to a bad seal though...
Does Heaven V rectify that?post #3627 of 54231/20/14 at 8:22amQuote:
Were you using the default narrow tips? It doesn't happen to me with the wide ones, narrow ones sound worse all over the frequencies.post #3628 of 54231/20/14 at 8:32amQuote:
Probably this was a year ago
I only used stock tips I thinkpost #3629 of 54231/20/14 at 8:43ampost #3630 of 54231/20/14 at 12:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by BenF
I personally will not risk it, but found them here:
They have it here as well but says "coming soon". Probably never updated their site. These look damn interesting though.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Three Word Story 37 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 38 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 49 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 3 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 3 minutes ago
- › [NEW] Audio Technica CKR series (CKR10, CKR9, CKR7) 4 minutes ago
- › HUM Pervasion - Android DAP by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DreamKing
- › Riva TurboX High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Black) by twister6
- › Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable... by Stereocilia
- › Aurorasound HEADA Balanced Headphone Amplifier by Currawong
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by bearcat1986
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by YoYo JoKeR
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 by MrJohnny
- › Shure SE112m+-GR Sound Isolating Earphones with Remote + Microphone... by pformagg
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2