^ I agree to some degree but to be clear, I didn't like the Heaven IV when I heard it. I found it to be flat and boring. So the Heaven IV is 85% of the Heaven VI is not a view that I subscribe to.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFinaltagged by JenniferO, 6/8/15
- brandFinal Audio Designtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Adagio Vtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design FAD-BA-SBtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Heaven IVtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Piano Forte IXtagged by System, 7/31/12
- productFitEar TO GO! 334tagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Final Audio Design Heaven IV Last post on 6/29/15 at 8:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 12/8/13 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction So a little a bit myself, I am a semi-audiophile. It means that I listen to "normal" song and audiophile song kind of 50:50. During my commute to work I listen to "normal" song such...
Thank You's and Sorries A big thank David Maudlin for sending me the Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio to me back in late May and I apologise that it's taken me 3 months to put something up about...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Jive you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated with...
Name- DUNU TITAN 1 Manufacturar- Dunu-topsound, a chinese company. Price- 115$, I got them for around 169SGD from Lend me ur ears, Singapore. Description- First, some note about me. I am a 25...
BEYERDYNAMIC iDX 160 iE INTRO If you're reading this you must be a Head-Fi member or just looking at reviews for a new pair of headphones or iem’s. Let me introduce myself, my name is Adam...
Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 241post #3601 of 58781/13/14 at 9:36am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3602 of 58781/13/14 at 9:41amQuote:
I'm just looking for something that has good bass that doesn't bleed into the mids and highs. I mainly listen to Kpop (Songs like this or this, for example). The DN-1000 was an option but it's far too heavy for my liking (Current IEMs are about 2 grams without the cable, DN-1000 is around 10 times heavier)post #3603 of 58781/13/14 at 11:08amQuote:Originally Posted by Mackem
I'm just looking for something that has good bass that doesn't bleed into the mids and highs. I mainly listen to Kpop (Songs like this or this, for example). The DN-1000 was an option but it's far too heavy for my liking (Current IEMs are about 2 grams without the cable, DN-1000 is around 10 times heavier)
These two songs sound great in Heaven IV over ODAC+E12post #3604 of 58781/13/14 at 11:10amQuote:
It only sounds flat and boring with the narrow tips.post #3605 of 58781/13/14 at 1:19pmI just love FAD VI for been the total opposite of what my preference is. So easy to the ears, so engaging. While it is not as accurate as er4s or as revealing as ck100pro but non of them can do it like VI.post #3606 of 58781/14/14 at 11:42ampost #3607 of 58781/14/14 at 4:34pmpost #3608 of 58781/14/14 at 4:35pmpost #3609 of 58781/16/14 at 6:06ampost #3610 of 58781/16/14 at 6:12ampost #3611 of 58781/16/14 at 6:54amQuote:Originally Posted by cooperpwc
The new DIY kit looks cool.
The bad news:
The driver is the same/similar as the Heaven II one.
The 6 kinds of sponges are different from what they used in Heaven II or IV.
Manual is in Japanese
The good news:
The package shipped already, should get them in 2-3 weekspost #3612 of 58781/17/14 at 6:20am
I just received my Pandora Hope VI three days ago and have been burning them in and testing them out. A lot has been said about the packaging and build quality of the headphone (absolutely gorgeous and extremely high quality) so I'll focus mostly on the experience of using them so far.
Comfort is so-so for me. They're definitely heavy and I notice the strain on my neck after a while. My ears, which aren't very large and don't stick out much, usually don't touch the drivers if I position the cups a certain way, but at times I'll notice that the cups shift and my ears do end up touching the driver. It just takes a quick repositioning of the headphones but it can be slightly annoying at times. Really hoping FAD is developing new pads to solve this issue. Since my head isn't perfectly round on top, the weight of the headphones does focus on the top of my head and this gets tiring after a while. I've found headband designs that distribute weight across the head, like those on the AT full-sized cans, to be much more comfortable. This obviously won't be a problem for everyone though. Clamping force was slightly too strong at first but after stretching out the headband a bit, this problem was solved. My final issue with comfort is that my ears get hot after a while, which is to be expected since this is a closed headphone. My ears seem to give off a lot of heat, maybe more than the average person's ears do, so I've always had this issue with closed headphones but just thought I'd mention it.
Sound quality is great, although not exactly my preferred sound signature. First thing I noticed was how deep and textured the lows were. There is a good amount of decay and it sounds quite natural. Sub bass goes very low and has quite a bit of rumble. FAD has done a great job making sure that the lows don't interfere with the mids. I agree with ostewart in saying that the lows sit slightly ahead of the mids. The mids sound very clear and have a slightly magical feel to them like they do on my Heaven V, although I feel like this magical feeling is much more obvious on the Heaven V. The upper mids stand out the most and female vocals sound absolutely beautiful. The lower mids are still very well done and male vocals sound great too but don't stand out like the upper mids do. One thing I've noticed about the lower mids is that sometimes they don't sound as clear, which I'm guessing is because the dynamic driver may have taken over. This has only stood out on certain songs though and I'll keep testing to see if this can become jarring at times. The highs are more on the polite side and aren't fatiguing at all. They are still pretty detailed but lack the same amount of sparkle that I got used to on the Heaven V, which makes them sound a bit less airy.
Soundstage is quite good and the best I've heard on a closed headphone. There's a very obvious out-of-head experience when listening to music but it wouldn't fool one to think it might be open. Width and depth are both very good, and height is decent although definitely not as tall as on my AD2000X. Imaging and separation is excellent as I have no problems visualizing each instrument, voice, and sound in its own defined space.
I do have some minor personal gripes about the sound of these headphones that I'm sure not everyone would agree with. I wish the mids were more forward because I feel like the lows can sometimes be so powerful that it draws my attention away from the vocals. I wish that the highs had more sparkle to add more excitement and energy to the sound and also provide more airiness. Finally, although I really enjoy the decay and sub bass rumble, I wish that the bass was tighter and faster overall. I should probably mention that the Heaven V are very close to my ideal sound signature, should anyone need a reference for where I'm coming from.
Overall, I think these headphones are amazing for the price. Build quality and looks are phenomenal. Their sound is very balanced and no frequency range really stands out much so I would definitely not consider these a niche product. Weight and shallow earpads may be issues for some but even with those issues, I persisted to keep them on for over 3 hours at a time because they just sounded that great. FAD has really put together quite a package in the design and sound quality of these headphones and I would highly recommend trying them out if ever given the chance as I've found the listening experience to be quite unique.post #3613 of 58781/17/14 at 6:50ampost #3614 of 58781/17/14 at 7:33am
And that's where the FAD PH8 comes... LOL
A local vendor has sent feedback to FAD regarding the pads. Let's hope somebody does something to improve the user experience.
Personally, this PH6 is less forward and I do like it for one reason: It feels less intimate and more relaxing. Just like listening to a music performance in a restaurant. Not hall-like wide, definitely not room-like narrow. Quite a remarkable surround effect it produces too.post #3615 of 58781/17/14 at 7:49am
If only the PHVIII didn't cost more than twice the price of the VI... I'm going to see if I can live with these for a few weeks but I'm not sure as of now if I'll keep them. They're so beautiful though that I'm almost considering to just have them on my desk as eye candy haha.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Fan Club 1 minute ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015! 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › WTB: RCA 2A3 Tubes (Pair/Quad) 3 minutes ago
- › Bluedio HT H-Turbine 57mm Driver BT Headphones review 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2