^ I agree to some degree but to be clear, I didn't like the Heaven IV when I heard it. I found it to be flat and boring. So the Heaven IV is 85% of the Heaven VI is not a view that I subscribe to.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFinaltagged by JenniferO, 6/8/15
- brandFinal Audio Designtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Adagio Vtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design FAD-BA-SBtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Heaven IVtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Piano Forte IXtagged by System, 7/31/12
- productFitEar TO GO! 334tagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Final Audio Design Heaven IV Last post on 1/8/17 at 5:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are There Sonic Differences Between Final Audio Piano Forte VIII, IX and X? Last post on 11/24/16 at 7:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 12/8/13 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 241post #3601 of 67921/13/14 at 9:36am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3602 of 67921/13/14 at 9:41amQuote:
I'm just looking for something that has good bass that doesn't bleed into the mids and highs. I mainly listen to Kpop (Songs like this or this, for example). The DN-1000 was an option but it's far too heavy for my liking (Current IEMs are about 2 grams without the cable, DN-1000 is around 10 times heavier)post #3603 of 67921/13/14 at 11:08amQuote:Originally Posted by Mackem
I'm just looking for something that has good bass that doesn't bleed into the mids and highs. I mainly listen to Kpop (Songs like this or this, for example). The DN-1000 was an option but it's far too heavy for my liking (Current IEMs are about 2 grams without the cable, DN-1000 is around 10 times heavier)
These two songs sound great in Heaven IV over ODAC+E12post #3604 of 67921/13/14 at 11:10amQuote:
It only sounds flat and boring with the narrow tips.post #3605 of 67921/13/14 at 1:19pmI just love FAD VI for been the total opposite of what my preference is. So easy to the ears, so engaging. While it is not as accurate as er4s or as revealing as ck100pro but non of them can do it like VI.post #3606 of 67921/14/14 at 11:42ampost #3607 of 67921/14/14 at 4:34pmpost #3608 of 67921/14/14 at 4:35pmpost #3609 of 67921/16/14 at 6:06ampost #3610 of 67921/16/14 at 6:12ampost #3611 of 67921/16/14 at 6:54amQuote:Originally Posted by cooperpwc
The new DIY kit looks cool.
The bad news:
The driver is the same/similar as the Heaven II one.
The 6 kinds of sponges are different from what they used in Heaven II or IV.
Manual is in Japanese
The good news:
The package shipped already, should get them in 2-3 weekspost #3612 of 67921/17/14 at 6:20am
I just received my Pandora Hope VI three days ago and have been burning them in and testing them out. A lot has been said about the packaging and build quality of the headphone (absolutely gorgeous and extremely high quality) so I'll focus mostly on the experience of using them so far.
Comfort is so-so for me. They're definitely heavy and I notice the strain on my neck after a while. My ears, which aren't very large and don't stick out much, usually don't touch the drivers if I position the cups a certain way, but at times I'll notice that the cups shift and my ears do end up touching the driver. It just takes a quick repositioning of the headphones but it can be slightly annoying at times. Really hoping FAD is developing new pads to solve this issue. Since my head isn't perfectly round on top, the weight of the headphones does focus on the top of my head and this gets tiring after a while. I've found headband designs that distribute weight across the head, like those on the AT full-sized cans, to be much more comfortable. This obviously won't be a problem for everyone though. Clamping force was slightly too strong at first but after stretching out the headband a bit, this problem was solved. My final issue with comfort is that my ears get hot after a while, which is to be expected since this is a closed headphone. My ears seem to give off a lot of heat, maybe more than the average person's ears do, so I've always had this issue with closed headphones but just thought I'd mention it.
Sound quality is great, although not exactly my preferred sound signature. First thing I noticed was how deep and textured the lows were. There is a good amount of decay and it sounds quite natural. Sub bass goes very low and has quite a bit of rumble. FAD has done a great job making sure that the lows don't interfere with the mids. I agree with ostewart in saying that the lows sit slightly ahead of the mids. The mids sound very clear and have a slightly magical feel to them like they do on my Heaven V, although I feel like this magical feeling is much more obvious on the Heaven V. The upper mids stand out the most and female vocals sound absolutely beautiful. The lower mids are still very well done and male vocals sound great too but don't stand out like the upper mids do. One thing I've noticed about the lower mids is that sometimes they don't sound as clear, which I'm guessing is because the dynamic driver may have taken over. This has only stood out on certain songs though and I'll keep testing to see if this can become jarring at times. The highs are more on the polite side and aren't fatiguing at all. They are still pretty detailed but lack the same amount of sparkle that I got used to on the Heaven V, which makes them sound a bit less airy.
Soundstage is quite good and the best I've heard on a closed headphone. There's a very obvious out-of-head experience when listening to music but it wouldn't fool one to think it might be open. Width and depth are both very good, and height is decent although definitely not as tall as on my AD2000X. Imaging and separation is excellent as I have no problems visualizing each instrument, voice, and sound in its own defined space.
I do have some minor personal gripes about the sound of these headphones that I'm sure not everyone would agree with. I wish the mids were more forward because I feel like the lows can sometimes be so powerful that it draws my attention away from the vocals. I wish that the highs had more sparkle to add more excitement and energy to the sound and also provide more airiness. Finally, although I really enjoy the decay and sub bass rumble, I wish that the bass was tighter and faster overall. I should probably mention that the Heaven V are very close to my ideal sound signature, should anyone need a reference for where I'm coming from.
Overall, I think these headphones are amazing for the price. Build quality and looks are phenomenal. Their sound is very balanced and no frequency range really stands out much so I would definitely not consider these a niche product. Weight and shallow earpads may be issues for some but even with those issues, I persisted to keep them on for over 3 hours at a time because they just sounded that great. FAD has really put together quite a package in the design and sound quality of these headphones and I would highly recommend trying them out if ever given the chance as I've found the listening experience to be quite unique.post #3613 of 67921/17/14 at 6:50ampost #3614 of 67921/17/14 at 7:33am
And that's where the FAD PH8 comes... LOL
A local vendor has sent feedback to FAD regarding the pads. Let's hope somebody does something to improve the user experience.
Personally, this PH6 is less forward and I do like it for one reason: It feels less intimate and more relaxing. Just like listening to a music performance in a restaurant. Not hall-like wide, definitely not room-like narrow. Quite a remarkable surround effect it produces too.post #3615 of 67921/17/14 at 7:49am
If only the PHVIII didn't cost more than twice the price of the VI... I'm going to see if I can live with these for a few weeks but I'm not sure as of now if I'll keep them. They're so beautiful though that I'm almost considering to just have them on my desk as eye candy haha.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 19 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 or M2 Wired 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Toronto GTA Meet January 2017 with Cayin! 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › [WTS] Norne Therium 2 pin 3.5mm 4 wire 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Questyle CMA800 Current Mode amp 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Schiit Modi by Tim Updegrove
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear