I hope someone can compare the Portaphile 627X to the Analog Squared Paper TUR-06 (and TU-05) with the Piano Fortes.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFinal Audio Designtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Adagio Vtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design FAD-BA-SBtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Heaven IVtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Piano Forte IXtagged by System, 7/31/12
- productFitEar TO GO! 334tagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Final Audio Design Heaven IV Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 12/8/13 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 224post #3346 of 453111/14/13 at 8:14am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3347 of 453111/14/13 at 6:17pm
Sorry for the late response, just had a long journey home.
Guys, thanks for all the compliments regarding the photo.
I'm still learning, and woodcans is one of my inspirer indeed.
He's the guru.
Okay, regarding the sound.
Well, I'm not a reviewer, so it's a bit hard for me to explain.
So please bear with me.
If you are expecting for a deep and slaming bass impact, please stay away from this IEM.
It has bass obviously, but to me, I think it's less than adequate (less than it should be). It's just not right.
The less of lower region gives impact too on the mids, where evidently it has less body.
Put that aside, the mid itself has characteristic of Heaven series (I've listened to IV and VI).
They are so lush, airy and open.
High is clean and smooth.
But the transition between upper-mid and lower-high is a bit harsh to my liking.
This region could distort the already nice high.
Regarding the sound stage, it is so spacious, but the depth I think is shallow as if everything are lining in one straight plain.
If I would describe it in equalizer's band, the color of this IEM might look as follow : -1, 0, 0, +1, +1
Final words, I think the II has the same characterisctic as the other Heaven's series, but as a little brother, it has less bass, less mids and less highs.
So, if you like the Heaven characteristic and can live with the lack of lower region, this might be an option.
Edited by Boringer - 11/15/13 at 11:40ampost #3348 of 453111/14/13 at 6:49pmpost #3349 of 453111/14/13 at 7:20pmpost #3350 of 453111/15/13 at 3:48pmpost #3351 of 453111/15/13 at 4:10pmpost #3352 of 453111/15/13 at 4:33pm
So awesome. The PFs have got to be one of the most photogenic phones out therepost #3353 of 453111/15/13 at 5:46pm
Most assuredly. The form factor and finish lends itself to a unique opportunity to play with reflection/shadow/color. Nothing else out there quite like it. In many ways : )post #3354 of 453111/19/13 at 5:30pmpost #3355 of 453111/19/13 at 7:21pmQuote:
"Less refined" is a precise description.Quote:
I don't have any experience with the V, but I think they share the same characteristic where the VI might be more refined (but to me, its high is a bit too bright, though some others say its not).
Just IMHO.post #3356 of 453111/20/13 at 4:37am
thanks...funny you mentioned brightness: some days the Heaven V sounds just right and others like all the upper mids and highs have been oversprayed with treble!
I am using a Sony A864 most of the time and will be trying out the new Sony F886 so that I can play FLAC files to see what changes that might bring.post #3357 of 453111/20/13 at 6:37ampost #3358 of 453111/20/13 at 10:53pm
Been listening to DX50 (Low Gain) -> FAD HV VI in a few locations. I must say it works best in quiet environment where you can pick up details easier. Even if you don't like details, just relax and let the spacious ambiance surrounds you. Feel like you're inside a listening room where music covers all available senses.post #3359 of 453111/22/13 at 5:25pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New Member Introductions thread 30 seconds ago
- › 2014 CanJam Europe impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 2 minutes ago
- › Tools for Analyzing the Quality of Mastering 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › sennheiser hd25-II custom earpads for more comfort. 5 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning] 9 minutes ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 10 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)