Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 212

post #3166 of 5093
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post

Right. "new model BA we developed ourselves." Time will tell.

 

That it's their own design? How would you know?
post #3167 of 5093

^ Oh I believe that it is their design. Time will tell whether it is something for FAD to be proud of.  

post #3168 of 5093

I say cooperpwc, MF, tomscy2000 & Mr Uncool should get their hands on a pair of Heaven IIs and post their impressions. Sadly, music_4321 has lost the little credibility he once had since he recently declared he loves the ER4S and considers it a high-end IEM.

post #3169 of 5093
Gotcha. I'd guess that that perception will largely depend on how good it is for the ~$80 retail price.

They saved some coin by not etching "Final" onto the barrel and making it part of the strain relief.
post #3170 of 5093

Guys, FAD uses Molex Balanced Armatures; they've been using them for a while. Keep in mind that FAD, S'NEXT, and Molex are essentially the same company. Kanemori Takai is who keeps them all together.

post #3171 of 5093

Heaven V

 

 

 

Heaven II

 

 

So, the drivers look different. Also, Heaven II: E — "Mechanical filter that adjusts sound balance"


Edited by music_4321 - 9/18/13 at 10:51am
post #3172 of 5093

LOL that's a fancy name for "sound damper"... maybe it'll end up sounding like the ER4? Who knows? lol

post #3173 of 5093
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post
 

Guys, FAD uses Molex Balanced Armatures; they've been using them for a while. Keep in mind that FAD, S'NEXT, and Molex are essentially the same company. Kanemori Takai is who keeps them all together.

 

Alright then, no impressions needed — that just about settles it.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post
 

LOL that's a fancy name for "sound damper"... maybe it'll end up sounding like the ER4? Who knows? lol

 

Why did I expect to see the above post, almost word for word? Perhaps, as someone asked / wondered recently, I am indeed psychic!


Edited by music_4321 - 9/18/13 at 11:22am
post #3174 of 5093
I think I'm the first to have a faulty PF...

The left driver has some audible rattle on certain bass notes. They are going to be sorted out though. I didn't want to believe it but it's there frown.gif
post #3175 of 5093

Looks like FAD / Molex are finally going mainstream with their BAs.

 

Speaking of which, ANYMODE, a Korean company with close ties to Samsung, seems to offer IEMs which are based on FAD BAs:

 


(sources: ANYMODE UK, DaNaWa Korea)

post #3176 of 5093
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post
 

 

Alright then, no impressions needed — that just about settles it.

 

 

Why did I expect to see the above post, almost word for word? Perhaps, as someone asked / wondered recently, I am indeed psychic!

 

I hope it'll sound kooky. I would hate for it to sound "boring" and "accurate".

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post
 

Looks like FAD / Molex are finally going mainstream with their BAs.

 

Speaking of which, ANYMODE, a Korean company with close ties to Samsung, seems to offer IEMs which are based on FAD BAs:


(sources: ANYMODE UK, DaNaWa Korea)

 

Nice find! So this is the Heaven II or IV? Hmmm... but let's not forget the Piano Forte II

post #3177 of 5093

Whoa, wasn't expecting to see a new heaven model pop up today and such an affordable one too! Hope to read impressions/comparisons soon.

 

Btw, has there been any news about the Pandora series? I was sorta expecting to at least hear about a release date by now.

post #3178 of 5093
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post


That it's their own design? How would you know?

 

Yes, FAD designs their own driver, it is the second company beside Sony who self design their very own BA driver.
How would i know it? Well, i asked Mr Takai =D

post #3179 of 5093
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringBiscuit View Post

Yes, FAD designs their own driver, it is the second company beside Sony who self design their very own BA driver.

How would i know it? Well, i asked Mr Takai =D

Lol, no no, I thought coop was saying he was skeptical so I was responding to him. But I just misunderstood.
post #3180 of 5093
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post
 

Nice find! So this is the Heaven II or IV? Hmmm... but let's not forget the Piano Forte II

 

MSRP would suggest it's the Heaven II. But interestingly, sensitivity is rated lower than the Heaven line (could be a typo though).

 

Yep, looks like a PF II descendant, I've never been a fan of these.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread