Wow, nice color contrasts, woodcans. You have a dragon head with gleaming eyes in the earphone on the left : )
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFinal Audio Designtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Adagio Vtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design FAD-BA-SBtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Heaven IVtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Piano Forte IXtagged by System, 7/31/12
- productFitEar TO GO! 334tagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Final Audio Design Heaven IV Last post on 2/6/15 at 5:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 12/8/13 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
These were actually my first pair of mixing headphones. I can definitely say they worked for me at the time, but this is also the time I did not acknowledge the importance of EQ & compression. I...
Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 205post #3061 of 54458/30/13 at 8:03pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3062 of 54458/30/13 at 8:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by radi9red
i have got the piano forte ix ..and compared that with piano forte viii.
Prefer the piano forte ix due to the bighter sound signature - enjoyed that a lot with the govibe porta tube amp for slow vocals and instruments.i also have the FAD fi ba-ss which is another beast althogether ! Both are aluring in their unique ways.
Any guys here tried the piano forte ix and how was that different in sound vs the PF X ? - never came across copper based speakers or earphones so i'm so curious..
IMO piano forte X-G sounds like piano forte VIII
I heard them VIII, IX, and X-G
Ordered the IX because see woodcans's photos and see how beautiful is IX
I canceled the IX and now waiting for my X-G coming (next 2 months) because after see the X-G and knowing that the gold is more beautiful than the IXpost #3063 of 54458/31/13 at 6:17am
Heaven V's arrived!
Only 4 days from Tokyo to Toronto (via Tenso) - WOW!
The quality of the product and packaging is excellent....now starts the burn in process
Can anyone share how many hours it took to allow the earbuds to settle in?post #3064 of 54458/31/13 at 6:23ampost #3065 of 54458/31/13 at 9:34amQuote:
I noticed no significant or even marginal changes tbh.
Your willpower is strong having a shiny new toy arrive literally from the other side of the world and not try it.Quote:
Awesome atmosphere and title. I love the fire that lurks beneath the surface.post #3066 of 54458/31/13 at 10:28amQuote:
Actually I did notice changes after 25 hours, especially in the bass impact and quantity. Maybe it was just brain-in but I was switching around headphones constantly enough that I don't think I got too used to the Heaven V.post #3067 of 54458/31/13 at 1:06pm
Okay then....I will hold off on first impressions for a couple of days....Currently, I am just letting break in for a couple of days - just listening to them every now and then.
One thing I can say is that I am pleased that I still can listen to a wide variety of music through them. I am really happy that I am getting a great seal with at least a couple
of the supplied tips without having to play around with placement...
And thanks guys, that Sakamoto piano piece posted a few days has now been added to my "special" list of meditative music.post #3068 of 54458/31/13 at 2:44pmQuote:
I've noticed significant changes in Heaven IV and VI after 100 hours.
I know BAs aren't supposed to be affected by the burn-in, but my experience is different.post #3069 of 54458/31/13 at 2:55pmWhat they might use here as part of their BAM system is a little interesting and could possibly be prone to dynamic-like burn in, but it's more of a support system, I think.
I haven't counted hours but I don't think I've hit a hundred, so who knows.post #3070 of 54458/31/13 at 7:41pmQuote:
How are the Heaven VI going for you btw? Was it worth the upgrade over the Heaven IV?Quote:
It seems like the drum-like enclosure around the BA for increasing bass response would most likely be stiffer on open box and loosen up after burn in. Bass is what has changed most noticeably for me so I'm guessing it's related to that.post #3071 of 54458/31/13 at 8:16pmQuote:
It's possible. The only thing is that FAD has many different design variations and patents on their BA mechanisms and there's no way, as far as I know, to be sure which one was used on the which model unless someone opens one up.
Take this how you will but I don't notice much significant changes with burn in these days. It used to happen more when I didn't like something about a phone and hoped it would improve tbh. Maybe I just don't care as much as I used to lol.
But on the opposite end of this, I've felt that when I hadn't listened to them for a few days, that they could use a bit of "warming up." I could easily attribute it to my brain or some mechanical phenomenon depending on how I chose to look at it, but it doesn't really matter at the end of the day so I don't sweat it. Post about it if you run into this oddity now that I've planted the seed.
Edited by vwinter - 8/31/13 at 8:26pmpost #3072 of 54458/31/13 at 9:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by music_4321
Thanks for mentioning that album, I did listen to it many years ago.
Okay, here's the thing, and I hope this isn't taken the wrong way. It's a a very nice, likeable album but most of it does nothing to me. There's very good playing and some pretty good ideas, but that's about it. Again, I find this quite often with 'accomplished' musicians who are easily able to come up with nice music—they have the chops—even very nice music that will no doubt please and move many people, and even bring them to tears. R Sakamoto is a very talented musician / artist / person, but his music only reaches to a certain level within me.
"Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence" is a nice track, but just that, a nice track, to me—by itself the track doesn't do much for me. However, "Forbidden Colours" is an entirely different beast to these ears, as it contains elements of real music, genuine creativity—the communion of two artists, a true collaboration, not unlike that of Lennon & McCartney on several / many Beatles songs. I find "Forbidden Colours" far superior musically, the intro itself (the first 35 seconds, and specially the first 15) already hinting at a very different musical adventure: http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/Forbidden+Colours/55g5xs?src=5
Wow, one of my favorite tracks is apparently an arrangement of that song. I almost shed a tear. THANKS!
The already blue chip sparrow stock just went up about a bajillion points in my book.
(I'm finally backtracking through all the pre-approved 160X recommendations)post #3073 of 54459/1/13 at 1:45ampost #3074 of 54459/1/13 at 5:28pmQuote:
Imagine Heaven IV, but every aspect is improved just enough to notice it.
I'm happy with it, especially after FAD sent me extra 6 pairs of black tips - the brown ones were just too ugly.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 31 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 5 minutes ago
- › Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening. 9 minutes ago
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 Australasian Tour 11 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN Flagship Headphone HE1000 Beta Testing Opportunity – it’s... 13 minutes ago
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by Dickymint
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2