Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 194

post #2896 of 6888

I was worried about the Heavens not having enough bass, wasn't expecting anyone to say the HV has too much bass, interesting...

post #2897 of 6888
Quote:
Originally Posted by akarise View Post

I was worried about the Heavens not having enough bass, wasn't expecting anyone to say the HV has too much bass, interesting...

 

In my view, it depends entirely on how much power you put into them. With the Pico Power, the HVI arguably has too much bass but this is certainly not the case with the Classic headphone out. (Do I have to say IMHO? Take it as a given...)

 

(Right now I am thinking that the Quickstep is just right but truth is: Pico Power + Heaven VI is sweet, strong bass not withstanding.)

 

Not sure how I feel about EQ, Shane. I do it often initially with headphones but I always end up abandoning it. I prefer component synergy as a means to arrive at a desired sound signature.


Edited by cooperpwc - 8/11/13 at 8:38am
post #2898 of 6888
Quote:
Originally Posted by akarise View Post

I was worried about the Heavens not having enough bass, wasn't expecting anyone to say the HV has too much bass, interesting...

 

Heaven IV has an amazing bass, very uncharacteristic of a BA.

It hits hard and tight.

Midrange isn't affected by it, vocals are fantastic.

 

The only other IEM that has equally great (although differently sounding) bass and midrange is a 340$ Nail 2, but it's impossible to purchase now unless you are visiting Moscow confused_face.gif

post #2899 of 6888
I personally think a part of it is that very good dynamics on the Heaven V allow the bass to be perceived as being more powerful. It has a certain quality uncharacteristic of most BAs I've heard, not quantity so much as style of delivery.


Someone needs to post up some music that is excellent with the 160X (not any of the Heaven models) before this thread derails itself. tongue.gif
Edited by vwinter - 8/11/13 at 9:33am
post #2900 of 6888
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post

Someone needs to post up some music that is excellent with the 160X (not any of the Heaven models) before this thread derails itself. tongue.gif

 

http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/Oh+You+Pretty+Things/4glwpv?src=5

post #2901 of 6888
Quote:

Phew! Much obliged.

Two bullets dodged and its not even midday here.


Edit:
Wow that sounded great on my laptop speakers. Maybe they are PF-like not having extension on either end. tongue.gif
I imagine this would sound sublime on the real things rather than my reasonable facsimile.

I'm just projecting my desire to hear them. redface.gif
Edited by vwinter - 8/11/13 at 11:05am
post #2902 of 6888
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post

Not sure how I feel about EQ, Shane. I do it often initially with headphones but I always end up abandoning it. I prefer component synergy as a means to arrive at a desired sound signature.

I really like the stock tuning, I just think the EQ showcases the pretty awesome vocals that can somewhat be overshadowed by the bass.

I prefer not to eq, as it limits the players I can use but with some phones, a little eq can go a long way; sometimes from meh to wow.
post #2903 of 6888
Now if I could just find a FAD phone that splits the difference between the SS and the Heaven V, and is made for over the ear wear...
post #2904 of 6888

..., preferably a limited Van Halen edition. very_evil_smiley.gif

post #2905 of 6888
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post


Phew! Much obliged.

Two bullets dodged and its not even midday here.


Edit:
Wow that sounded great on my laptop speakers. Maybe they are PF-like not having extension on either end. tongue.gif
I imagine this would sound sublime on the real things rather than my reasonable facsimile.

I'm just projecting my desire to hear them. redface.gif

 

 

Now that made me laugh!

post #2906 of 6888
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post

..., preferably a limited Van Halen edition. very_evil_smiley.gif

 

 

With the choice of 'Hagar' or 'Roth' voicing.

post #2907 of 6888

Kissing contusions.

 

 

 

 

post #2908 of 6888
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post

Shouldn't it be, "Posts not to be taken with a pinch of salt"?

 

 

 

Could this possibly mean that Joe & Currawong are retiring and music_4321 will soon become Jude's right-hand cheerful sparrow? Oh, perish the thought!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post

Quote:

 

Wow that sounded great on my laptop speakers. Maybe they are PF-like not having extension on either end. tongue.gif

 

  :)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post

Now if I could just find a FAD phone that splits the difference between the SS and the Heaven V, and is made for over the ear wear...

..., preferably a limited Van Halen edition. very_evil_smiley.gif

 

Don't forget it's a limited to one unit. Obviously people on HF have better taste in music than I ever gave them credit for as my Limited-to-One Van Halen Edition Heaven S has been up for sale for 15 months (May 2012) and there's been virtually no interest in this collectors' item. What were FAD thinking, I wonder, when they created such an "abomination"? Been wondering lately whether this unique pair would sell if I lowered the price to £5 (including express FedEx shipping anywhere in the world & PayPal fees).

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcans View Post

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Hate to admit it again, woodcans, but that's quite a nice pic.


Edited by music_4321 - 8/11/13 at 9:36pm
post #2909 of 6888
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcans View Post

Kissing contusions.

 

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Indeed.. a very nice picture!

post #2910 of 6888
If anyone interested, my Heaven V are up for sale here.

Need more funds for Alpha Dog pre-order.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread