- 3,945 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Location: Sussex, U.K
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFinal Audio Designtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Adagio Vtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design FAD-BA-SBtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Heaven IVtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Piano Forte IXtagged by System, 7/31/12
- productFitEar TO GO! 334tagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Final Audio Design Heaven IV Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 12/8/13 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I was provided a review sample and appreciate the generosity and opportunity to listen and review the Brainwavz S5. I've owned many Brainwavz earphones ranging from the Beta through the B2...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 186post #2776 of 41257/27/13 at 12:11amI will be getting more fad one day
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2777 of 41257/27/13 at 3:12amQuote:
You have to actually get the one with internal mods as well, it's much better!post #2778 of 41257/28/13 at 3:48amQuote:Originally Posted by ianmedium
I can't wait for Autumn to arrive!
It is to hot here so I have to have my windows open all the time for ventilation, I live on a busy and noisy road, it is impossible to enjoy all the joys of my PF's with all this background noise so reluctantly I have put them in their case until it cools off enough to have my windows shut again!
Anyone else have this problem? I am going into withdrawal!
You might try using a couple of party hats!
Mikepost #2779 of 41257/28/13 at 11:46ampost #2780 of 41257/28/13 at 9:32pm
Well, I am travelling in asia during the moment and grabbed a pair of pf viiis for myself.
It's one unique piece of instrument for sure. I haven't seen/heard anything quite like it before.
They aren't quite the detail monsters but they do have some of the best soundstage and imaging I have heard on iems. I find them pretty unforgiving on poorly recorded materials but I don't know if they are just unforgiving or that the unique sound signature just doesn't cope with certain songs. However listening to Pink Floyd's Echoes and Wish You Were Here sounds great, the guitars are very thick and the imaging is phenomenal.
Build quality is great, the finish looks very gorgeous. The whole line looks like they are designed more for the eyes than the ears. The cable on the other hand, does not look very durable and is a concern for me; the thin and weak design makes me think they are going to snap anytime now especially when there is a heavy earpiece dangling on the other end.
I'm asking if anyone can recommend me some songs or genres that goes well with the viiis?
airopost #2781 of 41257/28/13 at 10:18pmQuote:
Just browse this thread, lots of music recommendations for the PFs.post #2782 of 41257/28/13 at 10:30pmpost #2783 of 41257/28/13 at 10:48pmpost #2784 of 41257/29/13 at 5:46ampost #2785 of 41257/29/13 at 7:32am
So, our sometimes impatient grumpy sparrow couldn't wait two days to find out what extra goodies Liz Green's album had in store for him (he listened to James' links above four times). So, our favourite and always awfully charming fellow HF'er went ahead and listened to the whole album on Spotify — what a beautifully crafted album: EXCELLENT music, FINE lyrics, and, to top it off, great sonics, too. Ms Green has such a peculiar and absolutely brilliant voice — what a talent! Just over 40 minutes of music (unthinkable these days for a new album / CD release), this is most definitely 40 minutes of quality music — who wants 60-74 mins of mostly mediocre / rubbish / meaningless / empty 'music', or pleeeeenty of filler material?
Thanks again, James!! (Indeed this album is meant to be heard through the 160Xs)post #2786 of 41257/29/13 at 12:19pmQuote:
Hey, glad you like her, I believe she's really something special!
Oh, and btw...post #2787 of 41257/29/13 at 5:57pmpost #2788 of 41257/30/13 at 5:28am
Ian, do yourself a favour and get Liz Green's album.
(Guess Amazon realised how much I was looking forward to getting this album, so they decided to deliver it a day earlier)post #2789 of 41257/30/13 at 5:28ampost #2790 of 41257/30/13 at 6:50am
sonny, please be fast! Can't wait for the Heaven 6 to reach my ears!
Btw, admiring all those wonderful albums over there. Wish they were available here in my place too! Couldn't find the right poison to feed my PF.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › FiiO E18 Review 1 minute ago
- › THE OSTRY KC06A ! THE GUY WHO SURPRISES WITH SOUND, CLASS,LOOK AND... 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 9 minutes ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Cant change my avatar 12 minutes ago
- › Sansa Clip+ Impressions 13 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 14 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 14 minutes ago
- › A big life decision. Well, maybe. 15 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by DannyBai
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)