- 3,950 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Location: Sussex, U.K
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFinal Audio Designtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Adagio Vtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design FAD-BA-SBtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Heaven IVtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Piano Forte IXtagged by System, 7/31/12
- productFitEar TO GO! 334tagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Final Audio Design Heaven IV Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 12/8/13 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
I've received Concero HP from Ressonsense Labs for writing review in russian, but I want to share my thoughts with Head-Fi. As usual, I'll be somewhat brief, as I'm not so good in English, but I...
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
This is a review of the upcoming FiiO X1 digital audio player (DAP). Until my first experience with X5, a little over half a year ago, I used to refer to all dedicated audio players as "mp3"...
It's annoying because I didn't read the manual so I naturally fitted the SE215's wrong, and then looked at videos and found the right fit. The SE215 lack bass with the foam tips, so I put on the...
Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 186post #2776 of 43837/27/13 at 12:11amI will be getting more fad one day
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2777 of 43837/27/13 at 3:12amQuote:
You have to actually get the one with internal mods as well, it's much better!post #2778 of 43837/28/13 at 3:48amQuote:Originally Posted by ianmedium
I can't wait for Autumn to arrive!
It is to hot here so I have to have my windows open all the time for ventilation, I live on a busy and noisy road, it is impossible to enjoy all the joys of my PF's with all this background noise so reluctantly I have put them in their case until it cools off enough to have my windows shut again!
Anyone else have this problem? I am going into withdrawal!
You might try using a couple of party hats!
Mikepost #2779 of 43837/28/13 at 11:46ampost #2780 of 43837/28/13 at 9:32pm
Well, I am travelling in asia during the moment and grabbed a pair of pf viiis for myself.
It's one unique piece of instrument for sure. I haven't seen/heard anything quite like it before.
They aren't quite the detail monsters but they do have some of the best soundstage and imaging I have heard on iems. I find them pretty unforgiving on poorly recorded materials but I don't know if they are just unforgiving or that the unique sound signature just doesn't cope with certain songs. However listening to Pink Floyd's Echoes and Wish You Were Here sounds great, the guitars are very thick and the imaging is phenomenal.
Build quality is great, the finish looks very gorgeous. The whole line looks like they are designed more for the eyes than the ears. The cable on the other hand, does not look very durable and is a concern for me; the thin and weak design makes me think they are going to snap anytime now especially when there is a heavy earpiece dangling on the other end.
I'm asking if anyone can recommend me some songs or genres that goes well with the viiis?
airopost #2781 of 43837/28/13 at 10:18pmQuote:
Just browse this thread, lots of music recommendations for the PFs.post #2782 of 43837/28/13 at 10:30pmpost #2783 of 43837/28/13 at 10:48pmpost #2784 of 43837/29/13 at 5:46ampost #2785 of 43837/29/13 at 7:32am
So, our sometimes impatient grumpy sparrow couldn't wait two days to find out what extra goodies Liz Green's album had in store for him (he listened to James' links above four times). So, our favourite and always awfully charming fellow HF'er went ahead and listened to the whole album on Spotify — what a beautifully crafted album: EXCELLENT music, FINE lyrics, and, to top it off, great sonics, too. Ms Green has such a peculiar and absolutely brilliant voice — what a talent! Just over 40 minutes of music (unthinkable these days for a new album / CD release), this is most definitely 40 minutes of quality music — who wants 60-74 mins of mostly mediocre / rubbish / meaningless / empty 'music', or pleeeeenty of filler material?
Thanks again, James!! (Indeed this album is meant to be heard through the 160Xs)post #2786 of 43837/29/13 at 12:19pmQuote:
Hey, glad you like her, I believe she's really something special!
Oh, and btw...post #2787 of 43837/29/13 at 5:57pmpost #2788 of 43837/30/13 at 5:28am
Ian, do yourself a favour and get Liz Green's album.
(Guess Amazon realised how much I was looking forward to getting this album, so they decided to deliver it a day earlier)post #2789 of 43837/30/13 at 5:28ampost #2790 of 43837/30/13 at 6:50am
sonny, please be fast! Can't wait for the Heaven 6 to reach my ears!
Btw, admiring all those wonderful albums over there. Wish they were available here in my place too! Couldn't find the right poison to feed my PF.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion,... 3 minutes ago
- › RWAK240 Impressions VS Standard AK240 5 minutes ago
- › WTB - Bose Studio 2013 headphones - prefer black 6 minutes ago
- › Brand new Fiio E12 - Battery not lasting more than 3 hours max... 7 minutes ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 7 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 7 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 12 minutes ago
- › 2014 CanJam @ RMAF (October 10-12, 2014): The CanJam exhibitor list... 12 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)