Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFinal Audio Designtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Adagio Vtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design FAD-BA-SBtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Heaven IVtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Piano Forte IXtagged by System, 7/31/12
- productFitEar TO GO! 334tagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Final Audio Design Heaven IV Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 12/8/13 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 184post #2746 of 43037/22/13 at 9:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2747 of 43037/22/13 at 11:37pmpost #2748 of 43037/23/13 at 12:50ampost #2749 of 43037/23/13 at 6:48am
I have been spending the last two days listening to the PF-IX whenever I am at my desk at home.
Been listening to Karen Carpenter this evening and she sounds really quite spectacular on the PF-IX........the tonal purity, smooth, sweet and mellow qualities of her voice is indeed outstanding.
Wonderful listening.....................post #2750 of 43037/23/13 at 7:49amI agree, through my IX's Karens voice is sublime.
I really encourage folks to get some Carpenters music. It is easily dismissed due to it being soft pop but it is not. All the albums were beautifully produced, song writing exceptional and the performance, well for me she has one of the voices of the last century!post #2751 of 43037/23/13 at 8:35amQuote:Originally Posted by james444
Can't seem to find who recommended the Corryells CD (maybe it was in a different thread).
Anyway, thanks to whoever you are, this one's excellent on the FAD 1601s!
Yes, thanks to whomever!! I downloaded the 96/24 version from HDTracks - it's wonderful.
Mikepost #2752 of 43037/23/13 at 7:57pmpost #2753 of 43037/23/13 at 7:59pmpost #2754 of 43037/24/13 at 2:44amQuote:Originally Posted by ianmedium
I agree, through my IX's Karens voice is sublime.
I really encourage folks to get some Carpenters music. It is easily dismissed due to it being soft pop but it is not. All the albums were beautifully produced, song writing exceptional and the performance, well for me she has one of the voices of the last century!
right now i decided to listen to my fad pf viii ( it's hot today, no day for grado g cushions) with the tu-05, The Carpenters are part of my music survival set my c4's internal sd is filled with, thanks for the recommendation!post #2755 of 43037/24/13 at 3:19am
i want to get into the FAD but don't know where to start.
Im getting a K3003 and a Fitear 334 in a couple of days. I love pop, rock, progressive, some electronic and some classical too. Very sensitive to sibilance and can get tired too quickly with too transparent headphones (HD800 for example).
I think the K3003 and 334 are good all rounders and id better take a chance with a very narrow type of presentation like PF's do.
Any ideas on what to start with ? Piano Forte's # ?post #2756 of 43037/24/13 at 5:27am
^ The Piano Fortes will offer you the most drastic / different sound of any of FADs offerings, and it's not guaranteed to be the type of sound you might enjoy (they are nothing like the K3003s or TG334s). However, you might find them equally unique-sounding and perhaps quite addicting like several of us have. The PFs offer absolutely no isolation, fit can be an issue and, on top of that, they have no strain reliefs at the housings.
I strongly suggest you take your time to go over this (now long) thread (you can skip quite a few posts) and see if you can get a better idea what these phones are like. It hasn't always been that easy to describe the PF's very peculiar sonics, but several of us have tried. Sibilance & listening fatigue are not things associated with the PFs, BTW.post #2757 of 43037/24/13 at 8:14pmpost #2758 of 43037/24/13 at 8:46pmpost #2759 of 43037/24/13 at 11:14pmpost #2760 of 43037/25/13 at 7:21amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › Buying my first audiophile grade headphones need some help please :) 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 5 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 5 minutes ago
- › vsonic VSD1S/VSD1 help 6 minutes ago
- › Losing virginity late in life 6 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 7 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 8 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 8 minutes ago
- › Positional audio for new guys. 8 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)