Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFinal Audio Designtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Adagio Vtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design FAD-BA-SBtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Heaven IVtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Piano Forte IXtagged by System, 7/31/12
- productFitEar TO GO! 334tagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Final Audio Design Heaven IV Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 12/8/13 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 184post #2746 of 45317/22/13 at 9:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2747 of 45317/22/13 at 11:37pmpost #2748 of 45317/23/13 at 12:50ampost #2749 of 45317/23/13 at 6:48am
I have been spending the last two days listening to the PF-IX whenever I am at my desk at home.
Been listening to Karen Carpenter this evening and she sounds really quite spectacular on the PF-IX........the tonal purity, smooth, sweet and mellow qualities of her voice is indeed outstanding.
Wonderful listening.....................post #2750 of 45317/23/13 at 7:49amI agree, through my IX's Karens voice is sublime.
I really encourage folks to get some Carpenters music. It is easily dismissed due to it being soft pop but it is not. All the albums were beautifully produced, song writing exceptional and the performance, well for me she has one of the voices of the last century!post #2751 of 45317/23/13 at 8:35amQuote:Originally Posted by james444
Can't seem to find who recommended the Corryells CD (maybe it was in a different thread).
Anyway, thanks to whoever you are, this one's excellent on the FAD 1601s!
Yes, thanks to whomever!! I downloaded the 96/24 version from HDTracks - it's wonderful.
Mikepost #2752 of 45317/23/13 at 7:57pmpost #2753 of 45317/23/13 at 7:59pmpost #2754 of 45317/24/13 at 2:44amQuote:Originally Posted by ianmedium
I agree, through my IX's Karens voice is sublime.
I really encourage folks to get some Carpenters music. It is easily dismissed due to it being soft pop but it is not. All the albums were beautifully produced, song writing exceptional and the performance, well for me she has one of the voices of the last century!
right now i decided to listen to my fad pf viii ( it's hot today, no day for grado g cushions) with the tu-05, The Carpenters are part of my music survival set my c4's internal sd is filled with, thanks for the recommendation!post #2755 of 45317/24/13 at 3:19am
i want to get into the FAD but don't know where to start.
Im getting a K3003 and a Fitear 334 in a couple of days. I love pop, rock, progressive, some electronic and some classical too. Very sensitive to sibilance and can get tired too quickly with too transparent headphones (HD800 for example).
I think the K3003 and 334 are good all rounders and id better take a chance with a very narrow type of presentation like PF's do.
Any ideas on what to start with ? Piano Forte's # ?post #2756 of 45317/24/13 at 5:27am
^ The Piano Fortes will offer you the most drastic / different sound of any of FADs offerings, and it's not guaranteed to be the type of sound you might enjoy (they are nothing like the K3003s or TG334s). However, you might find them equally unique-sounding and perhaps quite addicting like several of us have. The PFs offer absolutely no isolation, fit can be an issue and, on top of that, they have no strain reliefs at the housings.
I strongly suggest you take your time to go over this (now long) thread (you can skip quite a few posts) and see if you can get a better idea what these phones are like. It hasn't always been that easy to describe the PF's very peculiar sonics, but several of us have tried. Sibilance & listening fatigue are not things associated with the PFs, BTW.post #2757 of 45317/24/13 at 8:14pmpost #2758 of 45317/24/13 at 8:46pmpost #2759 of 45317/24/13 at 11:14pmpost #2760 of 45317/25/13 at 7:21amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › What is an Audiophile, and what make headphones great? 4 seconds ago
- › k1000 owners club 11 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 23 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 2 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 2 minutes ago
- › Best MUSIC SERVER: WEISS 301, Aurender, LUMIN.... ? HELP ! 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)