Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFinal Audio Designtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Adagio Vtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design FAD-BA-SBtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Heaven IVtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Piano Forte IXtagged by System, 7/31/12
- productFitEar TO GO! 334tagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Final Audio Design Heaven IV Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 12/8/13 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 184post #2746 of 47047/22/13 at 9:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2747 of 47047/22/13 at 11:37pmpost #2748 of 47047/23/13 at 12:50ampost #2749 of 47047/23/13 at 6:48am
I have been spending the last two days listening to the PF-IX whenever I am at my desk at home.
Been listening to Karen Carpenter this evening and she sounds really quite spectacular on the PF-IX........the tonal purity, smooth, sweet and mellow qualities of her voice is indeed outstanding.
Wonderful listening.....................post #2750 of 47047/23/13 at 7:49amI agree, through my IX's Karens voice is sublime.
I really encourage folks to get some Carpenters music. It is easily dismissed due to it being soft pop but it is not. All the albums were beautifully produced, song writing exceptional and the performance, well for me she has one of the voices of the last century!post #2751 of 47047/23/13 at 8:35amQuote:Originally Posted by james444
Can't seem to find who recommended the Corryells CD (maybe it was in a different thread).
Anyway, thanks to whoever you are, this one's excellent on the FAD 1601s!
Yes, thanks to whomever!! I downloaded the 96/24 version from HDTracks - it's wonderful.
Mikepost #2752 of 47047/23/13 at 7:57pmpost #2753 of 47047/23/13 at 7:59pmpost #2754 of 47047/24/13 at 2:44amQuote:Originally Posted by ianmedium
I agree, through my IX's Karens voice is sublime.
I really encourage folks to get some Carpenters music. It is easily dismissed due to it being soft pop but it is not. All the albums were beautifully produced, song writing exceptional and the performance, well for me she has one of the voices of the last century!
right now i decided to listen to my fad pf viii ( it's hot today, no day for grado g cushions) with the tu-05, The Carpenters are part of my music survival set my c4's internal sd is filled with, thanks for the recommendation!post #2755 of 47047/24/13 at 3:19am
i want to get into the FAD but don't know where to start.
Im getting a K3003 and a Fitear 334 in a couple of days. I love pop, rock, progressive, some electronic and some classical too. Very sensitive to sibilance and can get tired too quickly with too transparent headphones (HD800 for example).
I think the K3003 and 334 are good all rounders and id better take a chance with a very narrow type of presentation like PF's do.
Any ideas on what to start with ? Piano Forte's # ?post #2756 of 47047/24/13 at 5:27am
^ The Piano Fortes will offer you the most drastic / different sound of any of FADs offerings, and it's not guaranteed to be the type of sound you might enjoy (they are nothing like the K3003s or TG334s). However, you might find them equally unique-sounding and perhaps quite addicting like several of us have. The PFs offer absolutely no isolation, fit can be an issue and, on top of that, they have no strain reliefs at the housings.
I strongly suggest you take your time to go over this (now long) thread (you can skip quite a few posts) and see if you can get a better idea what these phones are like. It hasn't always been that easy to describe the PF's very peculiar sonics, but several of us have tried. Sibilance & listening fatigue are not things associated with the PFs, BTW.post #2757 of 47047/24/13 at 8:14pmpost #2758 of 47047/24/13 at 8:46pmpost #2759 of 47047/24/13 at 11:14pmpost #2760 of 47047/25/13 at 7:21amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Music Game IX 10 seconds ago
- › Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12) 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Compass 2 amp/DAC Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Cheaper headphones that do what high-end headphones don't 6 minutes ago
- › Portable amp and or Player 6 minutes ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 7 minutes ago
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)