It should be the special edition orange color, packaging and color are the only different, while sound remain the same with normal version and the orange version.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFinaltagged by JenniferO, 6/8/15
- brandFinal Audio Designtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Adagio Vtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design FAD-BA-SBtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Heaven IVtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Piano Forte IXtagged by System, 7/31/12
- productFitEar TO GO! 334tagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Final Audio Design Heaven IV Last post on 12/2/16 at 3:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are There Sonic Differences Between Final Audio Piano Forte VIII, IX and X? Last post on 11/24/16 at 7:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 12/8/13 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
The Tri-Vista 21 was a limited edition DAC sold in late 2004, early 2005. It was massively overbuilt - great power supply and output stage, and ran extremely long life 5703 milspec tubes, which are...
This headphone has a quite good sound quality for its price. Its sound is very clear, the mids and highs are well detailled. The bass is tight but some recordings sound lacking bass. It needed a...
Gratitude and greetings go out to RHA Team and @Glassmonkey - thank you so much for giving me the...
Recently got ordered these Mee AudioRunaway on-ear headphones as I had some wellness program points that were going to expire. I have had the MEE audio M-Duo Dual Dynamic Driver In-Ear Headphones...
Deep, Dark but not Handsome?! Disclaimer Firstly, I would like to thank Pandora for sending these to me for the purpose of this review. All impressions will be made from an objective...
Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 179post #2671 of 66947/10/13 at 10:31pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2672 of 66947/11/13 at 6:26ampost #2673 of 66947/11/13 at 8:17amQuote:Originally Posted by Ivabign
I know you are a KC man - were you ever a Gentle Giant? I followed your Eno links (Haven't heard Baby's On Fire in ages) and piddled around as I hadn't heard Boys In The Band off Octopus in a while as my CD got destroyed and I haven't replaced it... Listening to Free Hand, which is one of my absolute favorite progressive albums of all time. If anyone likes progressive rock - run, don't walk to grooveshark and listen to all the cuts on "Free Hand" - amazing bit of music.... oh, and they were one hell of a live show back in the day.
Will send you a PM (don't want to upset cooperpwc & lescanadiens).Quote:
Ah, Mr woodcans doesn't know the fascinating story behind music_4321 and his deleting of posts, now sadly an activity he doesn't practise as often as he used to — you know, sparrows and keyboards and instintcs.... BTW, if you must know, there recently was a post I deleted on the Kaede thread, too... and it had nothing to do with tears or crying, for heaven's sake!post #2674 of 66947/11/13 at 10:06amQuote:
I dunno, I've always been really captivated by the FIBASS' promise of uncompromising rawness, but never enough to want to shell out one thousand greenbacks. Our dead friend Muzak has clued me in on the fact that Heaven S offered a really generous portion of the SS' performance for but a pittance (in comparison) and that is uh.. Music to my earsQuote:Originally Posted by music_4321
Real men don't, but male sparrows do!
Yes, unfortunately, one aspect of the Piano Fortes to bear in mind when considering purchasing a pair, apart from their very idiosyncratic sonics and near complete lack of isolation (and no strain reliefs at the housings), is that fit can be problematic for some (this has been mentioned a couple of times in the thread). When fit is not an issue, though, these phones can be worn for hours on end with absolutely no discomfort even with such heavy housings — the fact no tips are needed / used only adds to the natural sensation (again, obviously when there are no fit issues) — in my case, several times I've completely forgotten I have my PFs in my ears.
I have to say I've been quite surprised more people have not reported having fit issues as I had expected; as far as I know, it's you and MF who've been rather unlucky (though I'm sure there's got to be more people out there) — a shame if you were indeed intending to get a pair.
After gettin the KURO, I've realized that the F-4 series is indeed more than capable of emulating that incredibly open and effortless sound that I caught a glimpse of on the PFs. As I was drifting in and out last night I was struck by this surreal sensation of how seemingly realistic KURO's sound was, in the sense that it didn't feel like the sound was merely emanating from two distinct points grafted to my head. Realizations like this... I like. It allows me to live with what I've got and not "mindlessly" lust after every little shiny bauble that I come in contact with/read about... For a while at least :l
And yes, I think the PFs might be troublesome for those of us who've got smaller ears. I didn't realize that it bothered me til the second time I sat down with them as the first day was a very brief listen. I still haven't tried the 1601SS as I've been literally overwhelmed with choices as of late with all the things that have landed in my hands in a very short span of time. The Heaven C I've enjoyed a lot, it reminds me of the H VI from memory. Great clarity, expansive, tight bass and very nice tonality. I haven't listened to enough music on the PFs to know exactly what they excel at, just that I was struck by how effortless and natural they sounded with some vocal and jazz tracks. Certain frequencies seem to just leap out at you with astounding clarity. I understand the emotional reactions these phones have garnered in this thread, absolutely.Quote:
Yeah the housings are uh... Pretty girthy? Hurr hurr thatswhatshesaid. But yeah, most of the time, phones have just gotta be auditioned prior to purchased. Similar to buying clothes I guess, I mean you can read all you want about em but nothing is a substitute for first hand experience. You just have no reliable way of knowing whether a phone will be a fit for you, figuratively and literally
And no, the Heaven VI was absolutely comfy to me. Those "bullet" types of phones are always comfy for me. It's phones that have an "ergo" fit that are hit or miss for me. Hell, even the G-2 annoys me after awhile. I coulda sworn Eke's was better than the pair I got. I dunno, I messaged him about it sayin I think his pair was noticeably smaller. Very hard to assess from photos and memory, both are unreliable
Edited by Idsynchrono_24 - 7/11/13 at 10:25ampost #2675 of 66947/11/13 at 10:35amSwimsonny, I really enjoyed your review, I think you give a really clear picture of what it is like to listen to the PF's.
As for me, well, I have a confession! My PF's have been languishing in their case for the last few weeks, not because I have fallen out of love with them, no, more to do with the fact I live on a busy road and that it gets very muggy here in the summer so windows have to be open and fans on full blast so my T5P's have been taking on all the listening duties ( not that it is a hardship, I love them and in many ways I think them spiritually very close to the PF's in the way they deliver the spirit and emotion of the performance). But today it is cooler so tonight I shall be with my wonderful PF's again, I am dying to listen to my latest HDTT download, Beethovens Mass in C major, Karl Ricther conducting the Munich Bach Choir and transferd to high resolution from a 4 track tape. I listened last night with the Beyer's and it was magnificent but I just know this piece is made for the PF's!post #2676 of 66947/11/13 at 11:25amQuote:Originally Posted by music_4321
Dear Diary FAD thread,
Feeling quite a bit under the weather today — even some of Beethoven's late string quartets are doing nothing to ease the pain, that is a very bad sign. So, what has caused such upset in our lovely fragile sparrow?
3) Realising that after having ordered a new piece of gear (a new IEM), I learned that someone else I'm not too fond of had ordered the very same IEM; by the time I considered cancelling my order, I realised the IEM had been shipped already; first time ever I'm not particularly excited at the prospect of receiving a new phone — perhaps it's that part of me that is already (unconsciously?) wanting to dislike said IEM and sell it as quickly as I can.
As of literally a few minutes ago, I'm happier that ever I ordered said piece of gear — funny turn of events.post #2677 of 66947/11/13 at 11:27ampost #2678 of 66947/11/13 at 11:29ampost #2679 of 66947/11/13 at 11:57ampost #2680 of 66947/11/13 at 12:05pmpost #2681 of 66947/11/13 at 12:42pmQuote:
Checking them out now - thanks for the tip! Btw, which album version would you recommend, the 2010 remaster or the older one?
Speaking of which, here's my own prog rock recommendation, spiced with a healthy dose of jazz, one of the most demanding / rewarding new albums I've heard in 2012:post #2682 of 66947/11/13 at 12:50pmQuote:
All Head-fiers, with the notable exception of the quite exclusive and discerning cluster of Van Halen fans, are music_4321 fans.post #2683 of 66947/11/13 at 1:24pmQuote:
"Aaaah, yeah-ah! Runnin' with the devil..."post #2684 of 66947/11/13 at 1:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by ianmedium
Swimsonny, I really enjoyed your review, I think you give a really clear picture of what it is like to listen to the PF's.
As for me, well, I have a confession! My PF's have been languishing in their case for the last few weeks, not because I have fallen out of love with them, no, more to do with the fact I live on a busy road and that it gets very muggy here in the summer so windows have to be open and fans on full blast so my T5P's have been taking on all the listening duties ( not that it is a hardship, I love them and in many ways I think them spiritually very close to the PF's in the way they deliver the spirit and emotion of the performance). But today it is cooler so tonight I shall be with my wonderful PF's again, I am dying to listen to my latest HDTT download, Beethovens Mass in C major, Karl Ricther conducting the Munich Bach Choir and transferd to high resolution from a 4 track tape. I listened last night with the Beyer's and it was magnificent but I just know this piece is made for the PF's!
Thanks for the kind words. They are a challenge to describe and I think I said you have to hear to believe a few to many times.
Man my PFs just keep getting more use at the moment.post #2685 of 66947/11/13 at 7:14pmQuote:
Thanks. So I guess it is just a piano forte II
Edit: After further research I found the exact model that I have. It turns out it is in fact a piano forte I
Now a further report on how I feel about the sound of these. Every fiber of my being tells me that these headphones are absolute crap. The audiophile in me says that there is no that way I should like the way these sound. The tonality is just so off balanced. I am so utterly disappointed while listening to music with these. Most music that is. When it comes to music that has little bass these headphones are one of my favorite I own. Vocals especially are like lsd laced honey pouring over my ears. it's just so smooth and natural and airy. I want to hate these. I want to pawn them off on my non audiophile friends. But then just the right song passes through shuffle and all those thoughts disappear. And I want to just listen forever.
I've wanted to diversify my collection. and these may just be the perfect fit.
Edited by 24grant24 - 7/11/13 at 7:30pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sony NW-WM1Z Owner and Impressions ! 7 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 22 seconds ago
- › [AUS] Audeze LCD3 [Non-Fazor] [PRICE DROP] 32 seconds ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon headphone amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 3 minutes ago
- › iCAN micro SE – (thanks to Meze - you guys are great!) Things are... 4 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Titanium (open box) 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page... 4 minutes ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 5 minutes ago
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by Peddler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear