Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 177

post #2641 of 4839
Thread Starter 

The latest Pandora series Hope IV and VI, they sounded amazingly good.
Hope IV (left) has a strong characteristic of mid range, while the VI (Right) offers great detail and clarity.
Both of them are Dynamic + Balance Armature, picture from Jaben in Malaysia Hifi show. 


post #2642 of 4839

Heard friend from Kuching who went there said the Pandra 6 was marvelous!

Can't wait till hearing the Open can version of VI 

post #2643 of 4839
My Heaven VI are up for sale, even if they sound better than my CIEM's, I need funds for a new mobile phone :-(
Gonna miss them
post #2644 of 4839

Don't do it. I almost did that once and it was a tragic mistake. You will ache for them like I did when I did just a week-long loner. There's nothing like em, man. More than a week and you might go certifiably nuts! ;) But if you need a phone, you need a phone. No way around that. But I'd have a harder time giving up my Heaven VI than my iPhone. Maybe. 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkid View Post

My Heaven VI are up for sale, even if they sound better than my CIEM's, I need funds for a new mobile phone :-(
Gonna miss them
 

Edited by SoundFreaq - 7/8/13 at 8:11pm
post #2645 of 4839

Last shot of the week. Hope you like it. cooper, thank you very much.

 

 

post #2646 of 4839

.


Edited by music_4321 - 7/9/13 at 11:05pm
post #2647 of 4839

.


Edited by music_4321 - 7/9/13 at 11:05pm
post #2648 of 4839
I never cry when listening to Van Halen. Although I do occasionally get hot for teacher.
post #2649 of 4839

^   I weep at people's music taste — and that's even without using the PFs!

post #2650 of 4839
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkid View Post

My Heaven VI are up for sale, even if they sound better than my CIEM's, I need funds for a new mobile phone :-(
Gonna miss them

Your selling them before you have reviewed them?! And why not try and sell your CIEMs instead?

post #2651 of 4839

I am sitting at my desk listening to "Frame By Frame" Disc 3 - on my 4A's with a fan directed at my head (It is a bit hot here today) and I cannot tell the fan is on other than the cool breeze. I know the back and forth on isolation with customs vs. universals has been warm as well - but for me, there is no comparison - I am listening at lower levels now than I ever have with universals. 

post #2652 of 4839
I'm writing the review before I sell them. I did consider selling my customs, still am but I won't get as much for them and the comfort of the CIEM's is so good. Decisions decisions, help me guys!
post #2653 of 4839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivabign View Post

I am sitting at my desk listening to "Frame By Frame" Disc 3 - on my 4A's with a fan directed at my head (It is a bit hot here today) and I cannot tell the fan is on other than the cool breeze. I know the back and forth on isolation with customs vs. universals has been warm as well - but for me, there is no comparison - I am listening at lower levels now than I ever have with universals. 

 

Isolation can indeed be a great plus with customs. But isolation is not always ideal / desirable — canal phones (aka earbuds) exist for a reason, as well as many vented IEMs (mostly dynamics or hybrids). I personally value the fact my ears can breathe when using vented IEMs (and open back headphones), which causes less accumulation of earwax, as well as a lack of—or significantly reducing—what is known as occlusion effect / bone conduction.

Now, I'm not a huge fan of customs, but I have to recognise you seem to have pretty good taste in music. Perhaps you'd care to have a word with one of our Van Halen (semi) residents in this thread, a character who goes by the name of shotgunshane, who is in desperate need of re-auditioning AND re-evaluating the PFs (though he is completely unaware of such need) — that, I have to say, is the only chance we have to turn him into a real human being.


Edited by music_4321 - 7/9/13 at 12:18pm
post #2654 of 4839
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkid View Post

I'm writing the review before I sell them. I did consider selling my customs, still am but I won't get as much for them and the comfort of the CIEM's is so good. Decisions decisions, help me guys!

Looking forward to it. Please post a link here. smile.gif
post #2655 of 4839

will do :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread