Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 161

post #2401 of 4362
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundFreaq View Post

NICE.

Gentlemen,

Tomorrow is our second listening of new music in real time on your Piano Forte, if you have them, or your other favorite Head-gear. 

We are listening to RiddleGuy's recommendation: Fauré: Requiem, released on Deutsche Grammophon, with Kathleen Battle.


We live chat through Chatzy abut anything that comes to mind. 

I have "date night" that evening. So, any time before 5pm CST works for me. I propose 4PM, CST, this Saturday, Tomorrow. 

That works for me. That is 6pm for those on Eastern Daylight Time.
post #2402 of 4362

Unfortunately,  once again, I have family obligations during the listen-in. I will make it one of these days. Until then...
 

 

post #2403 of 4362
And for me sadly I cannot attend either. I have the music but work commitments call me away I am afraid, if I get back in time I will try to hop in. Have fun guys!
post #2404 of 4362
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcans View Post

Unfortunately,  once again, I have family obligations during the listen-in. I will make it one of these days. Until then...

 



The way the cable fades into the lights... Man oh man. This photo is Academy Awards after party in the 50's.
post #2405 of 4362
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmedium View Post

And for me sadly I cannot attend either. I have the music but work commitments call me away I am afraid, if I get back in time I will try to hop in. Have fun guys!

 

RG and I will report back! Hopefully next time...

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by vwinter View Post


The way the cable fades into the lights... Man oh man. This photo is Academy Awards after party in the 50's.

 

 

Dude.. So many things I could say. I'll keep it to: very, very well done, good sir. And thank you. 

post #2406 of 4362
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmedium View Post

Cravenz,
I think that is a very honest and accurate view of the PF's, I think your thoughts sum up the PF experience really well, thank you!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post

Good comments, cravenz. I have to get the PF X someday and complete the FAD chrome copper collection. I think that working with the chrome copper metal is FAD's real genius. Now that I have the tips and fit right (straight down, no over the ears), the Heaven VI is blowing me away. Yes, Chris, I agree that it is better than the ES5 on a balance of all factors. It deserves to be much more popular than it will ever be. The 1601SC is pure grace. No doubt, the PF X is the wild child of the three but fascinating. Those syrupy mids are unique, at least in my experience.

 

Thanks smily_headphones1.gif

 

I'll have to edit my post later as I noticed a ton of mistakes biggrin.gif

post #2407 of 4362
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post

Good comments, cravenz. I have to get the PF X someday and complete the FAD chrome copper collection. I think that working with the chrome copper metal is FAD's real genius. Now that I have the tips and fit right (straight down, no over the ears), the Heaven VI is blowing me away. Yes, Chris, I agree that it is better than the ES5 on a balance of all factors. It deserves to be much more popular than it will ever be. The 1601SC is pure grace. No doubt, the PF X is the wild child of the three but fascinating. Those syrupy mids are unique, at least in my experience.

 

Amen, brother! 

 

It takes a while, like all good FAD products should. But the Heaven VI is remarkable. Especially for it price! And just you wait... they still, to this day, continue to impress me and grow on me. Fine Art Design. Nothing else really does this to me. The Chicago and New York Museum of Modern Art... Look, I've been to modern and traditional museums the world over... I've seen the Mona Lisa, and Starry Night... the most impactful artistic impressions in my life include NY MOMA, Chicago, the Van Gogh Museum in Holland, and Final Audio Design devices. They literally have changed my world-view. The experience itself, as well as the reflection upon it. 

post #2408 of 4362
nice review cravenz.

just wanted to clear up a couple of misunderstandings here. this is an appreciation and discussion thread. anyone who's heard a FAD phone should be allowed to post here even if they're not praising them.

I didn't judge the PFs on graphs - I listened to them. I checked out the graphs later coz I was interested to see how the frequency response looked and it looked a lot like what I heard. I see measurements as additional info that's all. anyone who thinks that I care more about how a phone measures than it sounds couldn't be more wrong.

I dig all kinds of music and listened to some well recorded jazz on the PFs coz i figured they'd suit. turns out i much preferred it on the fi ba ss coz it didn't mess with the recordings or alter the tone of the instruments as much. I think the fi ba ss is a pretty impressive phone for what it's worth. like I said - I get what the PFs are trying to achieve but didn't think much of the result. I also get that a few of you love the effect.

@music - if muddy comes off as too harsh a call I'm happy to change it to unclear. @ridleyguy - I'm not into listening to music at levels that makes my ears ring. wink.gif

hope y'all cool wit dat. wink.gif
Edited by up late - 6/15/13 at 12:58am
post #2409 of 4362

I think FAD gives very mids central sound signature. but sadly piano forte IX,XG,XCC are too big to fit my ears.

post #2410 of 4362
Quote:
Originally Posted by up late View Post

@ music - if muddy comes off as too harsh a call I'm happy to change it to unclear. @ ridleyguy - I'm not into listening to music at levels that makes my ears ring. wink.gif

 

No, I don't think "muddy" is harsh, I just think it's the wrong term to use. I'd use "muddy" to describe something like the Earsonics SM3 (an IEM I personally found pretty awful). As for clarity, the PFs are certainly not detail monsters, but my ears tell me they have plenty of natural unforced clarity.


Edited by music_4321 - 6/15/13 at 1:02am
post #2411 of 4362
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post

 

No, I don't think "muddy" is harsh, I just think it's the wrong term to use. I'd use "muddy" to describe something like the Earsonics SM3 (an IEM I personally found pretty awful). As for clarity, the PFs are certainly not detail monsters, but my ears tell me they have plenty of natural unforced clarity.

 

But that's the thing. The SM3 for example is something you personally found pretty awful whilst others have enjoyed. To that end, then you could also argue the PFs are something you feel have natural unforced clarity, and I personally feel that couldn't be further from the truth. Perhaps slightly exaggerated, but I really don't know how the actual producers meant the sound to come out as and for that reason, the natural sound will always be an ambiguity unless I was the producer, involved in the production or something of the like.

 

No offence by the way. It just goes to show how we all have different preferences and perceptions of what we deem as accurate sounding, or muddy etc.

 

I'm just not sure terms like "natural unforced clarity" defines the PF series. That or I'm just used to "forced clarity" which is also possible. 

post #2412 of 4362
well we don't agree there music and that's cool. smily_headphones1.gif
Edited by up late - 6/15/13 at 1:27am
post #2413 of 4362
Quote:
Originally Posted by cravenz View Post

 

But that's the thing. The SM3 for example is something you personally found pretty awful whilst others have enjoyed. To that end, then you could also argue the PFs are something you feel have natural unforced clarity, and I personally feel that couldn't be further from the truth. Perhaps slightly exaggerated, but I really don't know how the actual producers meant the sound to come out as and for that reason, the natural sound will always be an ambiguity unless I was the producer, involved in the production or something of the like.

 

No offence by the way. It just goes to show how we all have different preferences and perceptions of what we deem as accurate sounding, or muddy etc.

 

I'm just not sure terms like "natural unforced clarity" defines the PF series. That or I'm just used to "forced clarity" which is also possible. 

 

No offence taken at all. (BTW, I enjoyed reading your impressions and thought they are quite useful, just another perspective).

 

Yes, that's how I personally hear the PFs—and how I attempt, sometimes miserably, to describe their sonic qualities—and I do know, and have said so several times, that several / many people will not enjoy them (at all). The 160Xs are phones I hardly ever recommend to anyone because of their very particular nature.

post #2414 of 4362

The peculiar magic of them bleeding PF IXs… yet again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm88QAI8I5A

post #2415 of 4362
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post

The peculiar magic of them bleeding PF IXs… yet again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm88QAI8I5A

 

Go away. I don't have them with me anymore mad.gif biggrin.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post

 

No offence taken at all. (BTW, I enjoyed reading your impressions and thought they are quite useful, just another perspective).

 

Yes, that's how I personally hear the PFs—and how I attempt, sometimes miserably, to describe their sonic qualities—and I do know, and have said so several times, that several / many people will not enjoy them (at all). The 160Xs are phones I hardly ever recommend to anyone because of their very particular nature.

 

Thanks mate smily_headphones1.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread