- 1,239 Posts. Joined 2/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFinal Audio Designtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Adagio Vtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design FAD-BA-SBtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Heaven IVtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Piano Forte IXtagged by System, 7/31/12
- productFitEar TO GO! 334tagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Final Audio Design Heaven IV Last post on 1/17/15 at 12:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 12/8/13 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
My main review is here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/752588/review-earwerkz-supra-the-universal-custom-in-ear-monitor. This will house the TL;DR version: From the comfort, custom-like fit,...
Couldn't find much on the internet about these, so I took the plunge. Pros: Nice aesthetics Solid build quality Cheaper than Bose equivalent, looks and feels nicer,...
I don't claim to be an expert audiophile. More of a wannabe. I do love finding under the radar headphones with good value. I can compare this to a few other bluetooth headsets I have spent some...
Brainwavz M1 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation back in the day for the sample. Full length old review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/499583/brainwavz-m1-review Brief: Old but...
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 101post #1501 of 52184/29/13 at 7:24amyep, that was my experience.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1502 of 52184/29/13 at 7:50amWell up late, you gave it a shot and your contribution is as valuable as people like me who love them as there are many out there who don't know what these are like and so your views balance things out to give someone a more educated view of thingspost #1503 of 52184/29/13 at 8:16ampost #1504 of 52184/29/13 at 8:39am
It's always very important to have people like up late & shotgunshane share their honest take on these phones without feeling any pressure from those who love the PFs — all the more for a phone like this (with such a high price tag) that has such a peculiar flavour that several / many people would simply not appreciate / like / understand.post #1505 of 52184/29/13 at 8:52amQuote:Originally Posted by music_4321
For those unfamiliar with the Piano Fortes, here's a few things everyone considering these phones should know:
- They need a minimum of 12, 652 hours of burn-in to begin to open up.
- Recabling is a must and only pure silver, gold, platinum and diamond cables will do the trick.
- Only Hi-res files can be used, always using a MacBook Pro with Amarra software.
- Only a $4000+ DAC and $8000+ desktop amp will do — pure silver/gold/platinum/diamond interconnects are absolutely essential.
- Experimenting with a minimum of 30 different tips or tip mods will always help. (yes, there are ways to mount all manner of tips on the PFs)
- If still not getting reasonably decent SQ, better get a fake pair of PFs — these are said to sound significantly better than the real thing.
Ha! This is the best damn thing I read all day Gpost #1506 of 52184/29/13 at 8:55amQuote:Originally Posted by music_4321
It's always very important to have people like up late & shotgunshane share their honest take on these phones without feeling any pressure from those who love the PFs — all the more for a phone like this (with such a high price tag) that has such a peculiar flavour that several / many people would simply not appreciate / like / understand.
And why this thread is such an enjoyable experience!post #1507 of 52184/29/13 at 10:19ampost #1508 of 52184/29/13 at 11:19am
I'm letting my Heaven VI go to a good home. I love these things. I'm quite confident I will regret this, but I need some cash for an upgrade.
PM if interested. Perfect condition.post #1509 of 52184/29/13 at 11:27ampost #1510 of 52184/29/13 at 12:02pmpost #1511 of 52184/29/13 at 12:10pm
I don't think that box looks that bad actually. Now, whether those iPhones cost £100, £1000, £1,000,000 or £10,000,000, they look very tacky to me — the term nouveau riche comes to mind.post #1512 of 52184/29/13 at 2:17pmMy PF's are in, cable clipped to back. Cooking dinner. AC/DC's Back in Black is absolutely rocking from the Tera through the Corda to the PF's.
I am quite surprised by how many albums I had become complacent to sound new again.post #1513 of 52184/29/13 at 2:59pm
Imo, if it was just a solid diamond outer ring instead of rhinestones, it would look much classier. Although too much gold can also get a lil tacky too.
Personally, I'd be interested in an IEM whose shell is sculpted from a diamond.post #1514 of 52184/29/13 at 3:25pmpost #1515 of 52184/29/13 at 3:52pmDon't normally share personal stuff on open forums but just had some news which I thought I would share here.. The link so that the thread stays sort of on topic is music, well recorded music.
I just got a gig interviewing David Knopfler, co-founder of Dire Straits, can't wait!
And it just so happens Dire straits sounds great through the PF's! (OK, tenuous I know, but I am stoked as Dire Straits are one of my all time favourite bands!)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 10 seconds ago
- › FiiO X3K 47 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 56 seconds ago
- › St. Louis Meet: Saturday, March 7th 2015 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi... 3 minutes ago
- › Newbie looking for budget headset 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 4 minutes ago
- › JH Audio's continued collaboration with A&K: Introducing Layla & Angie 4 minutes ago
- › EarWerkz Supra by moedawg140
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)