- 3,673 Posts. Joined 2/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFinaltagged by JenniferO, 6/8/15
- brandFinal Audio Designtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Adagio Vtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design FAD-BA-SBtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Heaven IVtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Piano Forte IXtagged by System, 7/31/12
- productFitEar TO GO! 334tagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Final Audio Design Heaven IV Last post on 1/20/17 at 9:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are There Sonic Differences Between Final Audio Piano Forte VIII, IX and X? Last post on 11/24/16 at 7:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 12/8/13 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
Hi Head-Fi’ers! I’ve waited quite a bit long to use SuperMini and obtain its possible rival players at the same time (like Sony A15 and the new A35). I came across SuperMini a few months ago,...
Introduction Sennheiser HD800S is the successor to HD800 - one of the greatest headphones ever made. HD800 was the first headphone to actually WOW me hard...
Hello fellow head-fi members Welcome to the review of Advanced Evo X Sports Wireless In-ear Monitors. Disclaimer This were a sample provided by Advanced team for my review. I am not...
Weston W80 Review Disclaimer: The W80 was loaned to me by the local distributor www.samma3a.com - I have to return it, I have not received any incentive, financial or otherwise for this...
Meant to be married to the OL DAC, the O2 headphone amp matches it in shape, size and simplicity. What’s neat about the O2 is that JDS Labs allows for some simple customizations—you can choose...
Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 101post #1501 of 68884/29/13 at 7:24amyep, that was my experience.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1502 of 68884/29/13 at 7:50amWell up late, you gave it a shot and your contribution is as valuable as people like me who love them as there are many out there who don't know what these are like and so your views balance things out to give someone a more educated view of thingspost #1503 of 68884/29/13 at 8:16ampost #1504 of 68884/29/13 at 8:39am
It's always very important to have people like up late & shotgunshane share their honest take on these phones without feeling any pressure from those who love the PFs — all the more for a phone like this (with such a high price tag) that has such a peculiar flavour that several / many people would simply not appreciate / like / understand.post #1505 of 68884/29/13 at 8:52amQuote:Originally Posted by music_4321
For those unfamiliar with the Piano Fortes, here's a few things everyone considering these phones should know:
- They need a minimum of 12, 652 hours of burn-in to begin to open up.
- Recabling is a must and only pure silver, gold, platinum and diamond cables will do the trick.
- Only Hi-res files can be used, always using a MacBook Pro with Amarra software.
- Only a $4000+ DAC and $8000+ desktop amp will do — pure silver/gold/platinum/diamond interconnects are absolutely essential.
- Experimenting with a minimum of 30 different tips or tip mods will always help. (yes, there are ways to mount all manner of tips on the PFs)
- If still not getting reasonably decent SQ, better get a fake pair of PFs — these are said to sound significantly better than the real thing.
Ha! This is the best damn thing I read all day Gpost #1506 of 68884/29/13 at 8:55amQuote:Originally Posted by music_4321
It's always very important to have people like up late & shotgunshane share their honest take on these phones without feeling any pressure from those who love the PFs — all the more for a phone like this (with such a high price tag) that has such a peculiar flavour that several / many people would simply not appreciate / like / understand.
And why this thread is such an enjoyable experience!post #1507 of 68884/29/13 at 10:19ampost #1508 of 68884/29/13 at 11:19am
I'm letting my Heaven VI go to a good home. I love these things. I'm quite confident I will regret this, but I need some cash for an upgrade.
PM if interested. Perfect condition.post #1509 of 68884/29/13 at 11:27ampost #1510 of 68884/29/13 at 12:02pmpost #1511 of 68884/29/13 at 12:10pm
I don't think that box looks that bad actually. Now, whether those iPhones cost £100, £1000, £1,000,000 or £10,000,000, they look very tacky to me — the term nouveau riche comes to mind.post #1512 of 68884/29/13 at 2:17pmMy PF's are in, cable clipped to back. Cooking dinner. AC/DC's Back in Black is absolutely rocking from the Tera through the Corda to the PF's.
I am quite surprised by how many albums I had become complacent to sound new again.post #1513 of 68884/29/13 at 2:59pm
Imo, if it was just a solid diamond outer ring instead of rhinestones, it would look much classier. Although too much gold can also get a lil tacky too.
Personally, I'd be interested in an IEM whose shell is sculpted from a diamond.post #1514 of 68884/29/13 at 3:25pmpost #1515 of 68884/29/13 at 3:52pmDon't normally share personal stuff on open forums but just had some news which I thought I would share here.. The link so that the thread stays sort of on topic is music, well recorded music.
I just got a gig interviewing David Knopfler, co-founder of Dire Straits, can't wait!
And it just so happens Dire straits sounds great through the PF's! (OK, tenuous I know, but I am stoked as Dire Straits are one of my all time favourite bands!)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 25 seconds ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 4 minutes ago
- › RHA MA750 vs DUNU DN-1000 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android... 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones) 6 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 6 minutes ago
- › Micro-Driver Madness!! (AAW Q and BYZ K17 added) 6 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by gprs007
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by glassmonkey
- › JDS Labs OL DAC by SoundApprentice
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear