- 2,203 Posts. Joined 2/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFinaltagged by JenniferO, 6/8/15
- brandFinal Audio Designtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Adagio Vtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design FAD-BA-SBtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Heaven IVtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Piano Forte IXtagged by System, 7/31/12
- productFitEar TO GO! 334tagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Final Audio Design Heaven IV Last post on 6/29/15 at 8:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 12/8/13 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 101post #1501 of 58734/29/13 at 7:24amyep, that was my experience.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1502 of 58734/29/13 at 7:50amWell up late, you gave it a shot and your contribution is as valuable as people like me who love them as there are many out there who don't know what these are like and so your views balance things out to give someone a more educated view of thingspost #1503 of 58734/29/13 at 8:16ampost #1504 of 58734/29/13 at 8:39am
It's always very important to have people like up late & shotgunshane share their honest take on these phones without feeling any pressure from those who love the PFs — all the more for a phone like this (with such a high price tag) that has such a peculiar flavour that several / many people would simply not appreciate / like / understand.post #1505 of 58734/29/13 at 8:52amQuote:Originally Posted by music_4321
For those unfamiliar with the Piano Fortes, here's a few things everyone considering these phones should know:
- They need a minimum of 12, 652 hours of burn-in to begin to open up.
- Recabling is a must and only pure silver, gold, platinum and diamond cables will do the trick.
- Only Hi-res files can be used, always using a MacBook Pro with Amarra software.
- Only a $4000+ DAC and $8000+ desktop amp will do — pure silver/gold/platinum/diamond interconnects are absolutely essential.
- Experimenting with a minimum of 30 different tips or tip mods will always help. (yes, there are ways to mount all manner of tips on the PFs)
- If still not getting reasonably decent SQ, better get a fake pair of PFs — these are said to sound significantly better than the real thing.
Ha! This is the best damn thing I read all day Gpost #1506 of 58734/29/13 at 8:55amQuote:Originally Posted by music_4321
It's always very important to have people like up late & shotgunshane share their honest take on these phones without feeling any pressure from those who love the PFs — all the more for a phone like this (with such a high price tag) that has such a peculiar flavour that several / many people would simply not appreciate / like / understand.
And why this thread is such an enjoyable experience!post #1507 of 58734/29/13 at 10:19ampost #1508 of 58734/29/13 at 11:19am
I'm letting my Heaven VI go to a good home. I love these things. I'm quite confident I will regret this, but I need some cash for an upgrade.
PM if interested. Perfect condition.post #1509 of 58734/29/13 at 11:27ampost #1510 of 58734/29/13 at 12:02pmpost #1511 of 58734/29/13 at 12:10pm
I don't think that box looks that bad actually. Now, whether those iPhones cost £100, £1000, £1,000,000 or £10,000,000, they look very tacky to me — the term nouveau riche comes to mind.post #1512 of 58734/29/13 at 2:17pmMy PF's are in, cable clipped to back. Cooking dinner. AC/DC's Back in Black is absolutely rocking from the Tera through the Corda to the PF's.
I am quite surprised by how many albums I had become complacent to sound new again.post #1513 of 58734/29/13 at 2:59pm
Imo, if it was just a solid diamond outer ring instead of rhinestones, it would look much classier. Although too much gold can also get a lil tacky too.
Personally, I'd be interested in an IEM whose shell is sculpted from a diamond.post #1514 of 58734/29/13 at 3:25pmpost #1515 of 58734/29/13 at 3:52pmDon't normally share personal stuff on open forums but just had some news which I thought I would share here.. The link so that the thread stays sort of on topic is music, well recorded music.
I just got a gig interviewing David Knopfler, co-founder of Dire Straits, can't wait!
And it just so happens Dire straits sounds great through the PF's! (OK, tenuous I know, but I am stoked as Dire Straits are one of my all time favourite bands!)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 7 seconds ago
- › Need advice on portable player 12 seconds ago
- › Cayin C5DAC USB DAC Headphone Amplifier World Tour --Reviewers Wanted. 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 1 minute ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2