- 3,042 Posts. Joined 7/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [REVIEW] Final Audio Design Heaven IV: Do You Believe in Magic? Last post on 3/9/13 at 9:10am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Design Heaven IV Last post on 3/1/13 at 11:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 4/6/13 at 5:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
Edited on 12/28/12
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
Build Quality: For something hand built, the overall build quality is quite good. Of course, it isn’t nearly as perfect as something from a plastic molding machine but it is far ahead from the...
Disclaimer: My only other good cans to compare these to are Beyerdynamics DT770 (250). I fully realize this review will be biased because of that. So please keep that in mind. This review is my...
First Impressions: Well, when I first used these, I used them in the same place I'd expect myself to continue using these, on the go from place to place, and while at places outside the...
I bought these this week from amazon.co.uk for £10 including delivery. That's US $15. Packaging, appearance, warranty, euro-nanny knows best: Mine arrived in the small European packaging box,...
Absolutely beautiful little player. It's just a gorgeous chunk of tech that feels good to hold. For me personally tech has to have form as well as function and the AK120 doesn't disappoint on...
Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread - Page 34post #496 of 18859/29/12 at 7:18amThanks for the info Paul. They look like they have a rose gold plaiting, I wonder if the body is copper?
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #497 of 18859/29/12 at 7:23ampost #498 of 18859/29/12 at 7:40amQuote:
It's going to be fascinating to see what the sonic signature is then, though, again, I won't be able to wear them as once that coating gets the smallest of scratches it will irritate my skin if the heavens are anything to go by. I noticed on their IX page they show the progression from raw to finished, I wonder what the coating is in the middle picture?post #499 of 18859/29/12 at 7:44ampost #500 of 18859/29/12 at 7:59amHave a look at this Paul, I found the English version of that page when you scroll down it mentions the external case is coated with a " natural resin powder".. The plot thickens! I wonder if it is just on the inside of the housing as it just looks like polished SS to me on the outside.
http://final-audio-design.com/en/archives/902post #501 of 18859/29/12 at 8:03ampost #502 of 18859/29/12 at 8:29ampost #503 of 18859/29/12 at 12:51pmAhh, second hand CD stores are great, new fodder for the IX's to feast upon this weekend! First up someone obviously does the same thing I do, buy CD's, rip them then sell them! Shawn Colvin's new album All fall down then the 50th anniversary double CD of the Bee Gees hits by Rhino, it is meant to be a really good remaster.
Next up is Christ Church Cathedral Choir's Missa Aspice Domine and saving the best for last and completing my Wagner Operas is Wolfgang Sawallisch's version of Tannhauser. Can't wait to listen to them all!post #504 of 18859/29/12 at 10:20pmThread Starterpost #505 of 188510/1/12 at 5:31ampost #506 of 188510/1/12 at 6:16pmpost #507 of 188510/3/12 at 1:25ampost #508 of 188510/5/12 at 1:19ampost #509 of 188510/5/12 at 1:32amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Pros:“Fantastic bass in every meaning of the word; mids are still forward and not killed by the bass; build quality is A++; fit for me was great”“very airy sound, isolation, decent bass,portability, design, built quality”
- Pros:“Indestructible, comfortable, well-isolating, great detail and clarity”“Small, lightweigt, solid, interchangable parts, easy to fall in love with.”
- Grado Modification Overview
Currently, there are 2514 Active Users (498 Members and 2016 Guests)
- › Best Active Speakers that are NOT monitors?? 8 seconds ago
- › Audio-Technica's Take on the Microdriver: ATH-CKN50 and CKN70 33 seconds ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 42 seconds ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 44 seconds ago
- › The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!) 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 1 minute ago
- › The Decware TABOO MK 111 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 - a review in progress with updated impressions on... 2 minutes ago
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones by UmustBKidn
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by daleb
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe