I'd love to be someone's friend. At a recent headfi meet, I realised I had too few friends. Consider me!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [REVIEW] Final Audio Design Heaven IV: Do You Believe in Magic? Last post on 3/9/13 at 9:10am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Design Heaven IV Last post on 3/1/13 at 11:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 4/6/13 at 5:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
Edited on 12/28/12
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
Thanks to NoiseHush for the review sample!! Here we have the NoiseHush i7 Noise Cancelling headphones. These headphones have some high points, but fall a bit short in terms of...
Introduction First off, I’d like to thank the folks at Audio-Technica for the sample of the WS77 for review. Yes, I’ve been on something of a roll recently with Audio-Technica...
(caution: this is a long review (I know this because I just typed it out in Word and it spanned 7 pages!) I think this is a long awaited review of the 1Plus2s. I've had the stock cable for...
I have been looking for "THAT" amp, the one for me. I tried a WA6SE, and it had a problem with distorted bass. I have the Lyr, but looking to upgrade. The soloist is really the only other amp...
These are my first pair of cans and straight out of the package they look pretty amazing. When I first put them on I thoroughly enjoyed what i heard. Works well for bluesy songs and there is an...
Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread - Page 4post #46 of 19036/27/12 at 5:37am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #47 of 19036/27/12 at 11:17pmThread Starterpost #48 of 19037/10/12 at 8:58pmThread StarterQuote:
lol, how's your rating of FAD product? i have a read on your review website, it is awesome.post #49 of 19037/11/12 at 4:37am
It depends on which product, really. The M1350 style had some very good vocals, but bass and high treble were too recessed, even with EQ. That was a pretty poor overall product, though much easier to use than the 1601 series. That 1601, heavy and hard to use as it is, has magic, that if you can coax out, is worth it for those who have no qualms about the price. Very special earphone, but it needs something like a Graham Slee Voyager.
Later earphones, they seem to have cheaped out a bit, going for mass market (fine, but strange when hitherto, they only went for upper market). There are lots of interesting designs they make, some extraordinary.post #50 of 19037/11/12 at 12:10pm
I received both the Adagio V and Heaven IV today and made unboxing videos of both if anyone is interested.
Here is the Heaven IV one, you get to see the case in all its beauty until it finger prints ;)
Here is the Adagio V one and the case is equally impressive with a separate pouch for each channel :D
I have also had a quick listen to both and rather impressed by both actually, i have found them to be unique and the heaven IV sounded really great IMO.post #51 of 19037/11/12 at 10:21pmpost #52 of 19037/12/12 at 5:43amThread Starterpost #53 of 19037/12/12 at 6:19ampost #54 of 19037/12/12 at 7:02amQuote:
I felt the 1350 M1 and M2 were very unique, and certainly in keeping with FAD's sound philosophy with regard to dynamic earphones, ie. tuning them to approximate the sound of vintage horn speakers. It's the same motivation behind the 1601 and 1602 series, though done on a smaller scale and more price-friendly budget. I'm sad to see both the 1350 and 1601 series out of production now.post #55 of 19037/12/12 at 8:11am
The 1350 was definitely one of the most unique sounding products FAD came out with; it was flawed, like just about every FAD product in some way, shape, or form, but its specifically-designed star tips were simply a great method of allowing the mids to coalesce while diffusing the bass and highs. I tried using conventional tips on it and it sounded horrible. The 1350 is a product unlike any other. I'm not really one to buy FAD's ultra-colored products as I'm ultimately a utilitarian in-ear listener, but they sure are fun to experience.post #56 of 19037/12/12 at 8:57amQuote:
The Adagio V is probably FAD's most 'subdued' IEM, it isn't into histrionics the way the other FAD products are, and that's why it's perhaps the most neutral of the entire FAD line. The RE0 is definitely the more accurate-sounding earphone, but IMHO it isn't any more exciting than the Adagio V. The Adagio V perhaps has a little more sparkle up top, with more warmth at the lower end of the midrange --- it's FAD's MO for tuning their midrange.post #57 of 19037/12/12 at 10:54pmThread StarterQuote:
For budget segment wise, i'm not sure on the overall as marginal scale of pricing always affects the final result.
Do agree Adagio V has better extension on treble & sparkling effect on top.post #58 of 19037/13/12 at 8:50ampost #59 of 19037/19/12 at 8:02ampost #60 of 19037/19/12 at 8:12amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Pros:“Fantastic bass in every meaning of the word; mids are still forward and not killed by the bass; build quality is A++; fit for me was great”“very airy sound, isolation, decent bass,portability, design, built quality”
- Pros:“Good bass, sound stage, durable, 3 year warranty, lots of accessories, easy identification of R and L channel, tangle-free cord, isolation.”“Sound quality & 'all around' sound signature.”
- Grado Modification Overview
- › The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!) 7 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Dilemma: Should I not believe any reviewers who talk about cables... 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › I have stopped using headphones, switched to Speakers and Sub-woofer. 3 minutes ago
- › worst date stories 5 minutes ago
- › Copper, mud, potato, banana. Can you tell the difference? 5 minutes ago
- › Which would you choose? 5 minutes ago
- › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a... 7 minutes ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 8 minutes ago
- › NoiseHush i7 Active Noise-Cancelling Headphones - Black - Retail by pro1137
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by TheGame21x
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 by cravenz
- › Burson Audio Soloist Amp by DutchGFX
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by shdl83
- › Beats Pro (High Performance Professional Headphones From... by thatBeatsguy
- › Resonessence Labs Concero by planx
- › Philips in-Ear Headphones Crystal Sound SHE9620/28 (Rose Gold) by DozerCSX
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Sennheiser Momentum by iSennheiser
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe