Seriously looking forward for the grand Review-cum-History of FAD. That's one really unique audio company.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFinal Audio Designtagged by System, 6/10/12
- productFinal Audio Design Adagio Vtagged by System, 6/10/12
- productFinal Audio Design FAD-BA-SBtagged by System, 6/10/12
- productFinal Audio Design Heaven IVtagged by System, 6/10/12
- productFinal Audio Design Piano Forte IXtagged by System, 7/31/12
- productFitEar TO GO! 334tagged by System, 6/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/10/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Final Audio Design Heaven IV Last post on 3/1/13 at 11:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 12/8/13 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: Today
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
Comparing these to my Philips L1 and my Beyer T1 they have a lot more mid-bass through midrange and are slightly tilted toward the high. They sound great but quite a bit different sound signature...
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread - Page 230post #3436 of 343912/10/13 at 6:15am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #3437 of 343912/10/13 at 6:50amQuote:Originally Posted by MuppetFace
By the way, I still get more questions about the Piano Fortes than any other earphones, so I'm finally going to crack down on myself and write that guide to FAD I've been meaning to do for ages. Basically, I'm going to do my best to describe the character of every production and post-production FAD model and compare them to one another. I'm just missing two very specific models: the 1601 SS (the stainless precursor to the PF IX) and the 1350 M2 (the polished version).
Oh, and the new Heaven II. Haven't heard that one yet.
Hopefully I'll be getting the Pandora Hope VI and VIII sooner rather than later, and then it'll just be a matter of adding all the other models as they come out in the coming year. I debated whether to include the Muramasa VIII or not since it never really even made it into production, but I figured why not for completion's sake.
My dream is to eventually expand this to include FAD's pre-Molex days, specifically their MUSIC series of amplifiers and pre-amps, their OPUS horn speakers (both wood and metal versions), and the Parthenon turntable. Out of everything FAD has ever made, it's the original 70s Parthenon turntable I covet the most, even beyond those ridiculous new six figure OPUS speakers. Unfortunately it's hard to source information for pre-Molex FAD, much less actually get to audition these things. A friend of mine is doing something similar with Moth Audio, another one of this hobby's true art houses.
Maybe some day this will end up being the most complete FAD guide on the net.
So yeah, hooray for FAD and not being lazy.
Yes! This is a post I look forward to.post #3438 of 343912/10/13 at 10:03pmpost #3439 of 343912/11/13 at 3:18amQuote:
So you got the 1601SC...! I am delighted for you. Also my only source of guilt in this forum ebbs away. Phew. :-)
I look forward to your post greatly.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 31 seconds ago
- › >>>Anasz' whole system clearance!!<<< 43 seconds ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Reply to some bugs of X3’s new firmware and new function... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 2 minutes ago
- › Mundorf Zendo RCA - Rare silver&gold interconnect with special WBT... 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal! 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Over Ear & Open, Seriously Need Help Quick! 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi