I hope someone can compare the Portaphile 627X to the Analog Squared Paper TUR-06 (and TU-05) with the Piano Fortes.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFinal Audio Designtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Adagio Vtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design FAD-BA-SBtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Heaven IVtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Piano Forte IXtagged by System, 7/31/12
- productFitEar TO GO! 334tagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Final Audio Design Heaven IV Last post on 3/1/13 at 11:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 12/8/13 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread - Page 224post #3346 of 386411/14/13 at 8:14am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3347 of 386411/14/13 at 6:17pm
Sorry for the late response, just had a long journey home.
Guys, thanks for all the compliments regarding the photo.
I'm still learning, and woodcans is one of my inspirer indeed.
He's the guru.
Okay, regarding the sound.
Well, I'm not a reviewer, so it's a bit hard for me to explain.
So please bear with me.
If you are expecting for a deep and slaming bass impact, please stay away from this IEM.
It has bass obviously, but to me, I think it's less than adequate (less than it should be). It's just not right.
The less of lower region gives impact too on the mids, where evidently it has less body.
Put that aside, the mid itself has characteristic of Heaven series (I've listened to IV and VI).
They are so lush, airy and open.
High is clean and smooth.
But the transition between upper-mid and lower-high is a bit harsh to my liking.
This region could distort the already nice high.
Regarding the sound stage, it is so spacious, but the depth I think is shallow as if everything are lining in one straight plain.
If I would describe it in equalizer's band, the color of this IEM might look as follow : -1, 0, 0, +1, +1
Final words, I think the II has the same characterisctic as the other Heaven's series, but as a little brother, it has less bass, less mids and less highs.
So, if you like the Heaven characteristic and can live with the lack of lower region, this might be an option.
Edited by Boringer - 11/15/13 at 11:40ampost #3348 of 386411/14/13 at 6:49pmpost #3349 of 386411/14/13 at 7:20pmpost #3350 of 386411/15/13 at 3:48pmpost #3351 of 386411/15/13 at 4:10pmpost #3352 of 386411/15/13 at 4:33pm
So awesome. The PFs have got to be one of the most photogenic phones out therepost #3353 of 386411/15/13 at 5:46pm
Most assuredly. The form factor and finish lends itself to a unique opportunity to play with reflection/shadow/color. Nothing else out there quite like it. In many ways : )post #3354 of 386411/19/13 at 5:30pmpost #3355 of 386411/19/13 at 7:21pmQuote:
"Less refined" is a precise description.Quote:
I don't have any experience with the V, but I think they share the same characteristic where the VI might be more refined (but to me, its high is a bit too bright, though some others say its not).
Just IMHO.post #3356 of 386411/20/13 at 4:37am
thanks...funny you mentioned brightness: some days the Heaven V sounds just right and others like all the upper mids and highs have been oversprayed with treble!
I am using a Sony A864 most of the time and will be trying out the new Sony F886 so that I can play FLAC files to see what changes that might bring.post #3357 of 386411/20/13 at 6:37ampost #3358 of 386411/20/13 at 10:53pm
Been listening to DX50 (Low Gain) -> FAD HV VI in a few locations. I must say it works best in quiet environment where you can pick up details easier. Even if you don't like details, just relax and let the spacious ambiance surrounds you. Feel like you're inside a listening room where music covers all available senses.post #3359 of 386411/22/13 at 5:25pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
- › FS: audiotechnica ATH-A900x - Brand New in Box 16 seconds ago
- › Westone Elite Series or Ultimate Ears Pro Recommendations 2 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 3 minutes ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Grado PS1000 Owner's List 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 7 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 8 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 - HiFiman visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW:1.084! pg. 1 9 minutes ago
- › Album art game 9 minutes ago
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude