I hope someone can compare the Portaphile 627X to the Analog Squared Paper TUR-06 (and TU-05) with the Piano Fortes.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFinal Audio Designtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Adagio Vtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design FAD-BA-SBtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Heaven IVtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Piano Forte IXtagged by System, 7/31/12
- productFitEar TO GO! 334tagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Final Audio Design Heaven IV Last post on Today at 9:09 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 12/8/13 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Best i-Device portable DAC ever listened to, very neutral and smooth like from a desktop DAC. Currently using it with my iPod touch 5 (Yes, it's support lightinig connector). I will prefer filter...
Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread - Page 224post #3346 of 393311/14/13 at 8:14am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3347 of 393311/14/13 at 6:17pm
Sorry for the late response, just had a long journey home.
Guys, thanks for all the compliments regarding the photo.
I'm still learning, and woodcans is one of my inspirer indeed.
He's the guru.
Okay, regarding the sound.
Well, I'm not a reviewer, so it's a bit hard for me to explain.
So please bear with me.
If you are expecting for a deep and slaming bass impact, please stay away from this IEM.
It has bass obviously, but to me, I think it's less than adequate (less than it should be). It's just not right.
The less of lower region gives impact too on the mids, where evidently it has less body.
Put that aside, the mid itself has characteristic of Heaven series (I've listened to IV and VI).
They are so lush, airy and open.
High is clean and smooth.
But the transition between upper-mid and lower-high is a bit harsh to my liking.
This region could distort the already nice high.
Regarding the sound stage, it is so spacious, but the depth I think is shallow as if everything are lining in one straight plain.
If I would describe it in equalizer's band, the color of this IEM might look as follow : -1, 0, 0, +1, +1
Final words, I think the II has the same characterisctic as the other Heaven's series, but as a little brother, it has less bass, less mids and less highs.
So, if you like the Heaven characteristic and can live with the lack of lower region, this might be an option.
Edited by Boringer - 11/15/13 at 11:40ampost #3348 of 393311/14/13 at 6:49pmpost #3349 of 393311/14/13 at 7:20pmpost #3350 of 393311/15/13 at 3:48pmpost #3351 of 393311/15/13 at 4:10pmpost #3352 of 393311/15/13 at 4:33pm
So awesome. The PFs have got to be one of the most photogenic phones out therepost #3353 of 393311/15/13 at 5:46pm
Most assuredly. The form factor and finish lends itself to a unique opportunity to play with reflection/shadow/color. Nothing else out there quite like it. In many ways : )post #3354 of 393311/19/13 at 5:30pmpost #3355 of 393311/19/13 at 7:21pmQuote:
"Less refined" is a precise description.Quote:
I don't have any experience with the V, but I think they share the same characteristic where the VI might be more refined (but to me, its high is a bit too bright, though some others say its not).
Just IMHO.post #3356 of 393311/20/13 at 4:37am
thanks...funny you mentioned brightness: some days the Heaven V sounds just right and others like all the upper mids and highs have been oversprayed with treble!
I am using a Sony A864 most of the time and will be trying out the new Sony F886 so that I can play FLAC files to see what changes that might bring.post #3357 of 393311/20/13 at 6:37ampost #3358 of 393311/20/13 at 10:53pm
Been listening to DX50 (Low Gain) -> FAD HV VI in a few locations. I must say it works best in quiet environment where you can pick up details easier. Even if you don't like details, just relax and let the spacious ambiance surrounds you. Feel like you're inside a listening room where music covers all available senses.post #3359 of 393311/22/13 at 5:25pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 41 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 56 seconds ago
- › White Lightning Moonshine speaker cables and IC's. 7 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Soundcard vs DAC 13 minutes ago
- › Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening. 14 minutes ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 15 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 17 minutes ago
- › If someone buy me the headphone (any price), but not the amp and CD... 18 minutes ago
- › Fostex HP-P1 by Jensenchua
- › Sony XBA-3SL by squallkiercosa
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by originalsnuffy
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob