Yeah it's definitely the E12 that's the problem. I can also hear background noise with the HV and E12, which was surprising since I haven't noticed this with any of my other headphones.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFinal Audio Designtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Adagio Vtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design FAD-BA-SBtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Heaven IVtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Piano Forte IXtagged by System, 7/31/12
- productFitEar TO GO! 334tagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Final Audio Design Heaven IV Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 12/8/13 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These are my first ever Grado's and I LOVE them, too bad I have to send them out to the next guy. I was always fascinated by Grado's ever since I saw Auggie's RS2's on Covert Affairs. I just...
The ud110 was recommended in a few different serious threads in the audio community, and I was intrigued to say the least, myself looking for more affordable options with out sacrificing too...
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread - Page 205post #3061 of 40978/29/13 at 2:20pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3062 of 40978/30/13 at 6:12pmpost #3063 of 40978/30/13 at 8:03pmpost #3064 of 40978/30/13 at 8:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by radi9red
i have got the piano forte ix ..and compared that with piano forte viii.
Prefer the piano forte ix due to the bighter sound signature - enjoyed that a lot with the govibe porta tube amp for slow vocals and instruments.i also have the FAD fi ba-ss which is another beast althogether ! Both are aluring in their unique ways.
Any guys here tried the piano forte ix and how was that different in sound vs the PF X ? - never came across copper based speakers or earphones so i'm so curious..
IMO piano forte X-G sounds like piano forte VIII
I heard them VIII, IX, and X-G
Ordered the IX because see woodcans's photos and see how beautiful is IX
I canceled the IX and now waiting for my X-G coming (next 2 months) because after see the X-G and knowing that the gold is more beautiful than the IXpost #3065 of 40978/31/13 at 6:17am
Heaven V's arrived!
Only 4 days from Tokyo to Toronto (via Tenso) - WOW!
The quality of the product and packaging is excellent....now starts the burn in process
Can anyone share how many hours it took to allow the earbuds to settle in?post #3066 of 40978/31/13 at 6:23ampost #3067 of 40978/31/13 at 9:34amQuote:
I noticed no significant or even marginal changes tbh.
Your willpower is strong having a shiny new toy arrive literally from the other side of the world and not try it.Quote:
Awesome atmosphere and title. I love the fire that lurks beneath the surface.post #3068 of 40978/31/13 at 10:28amQuote:
Actually I did notice changes after 25 hours, especially in the bass impact and quantity. Maybe it was just brain-in but I was switching around headphones constantly enough that I don't think I got too used to the Heaven V.post #3069 of 40978/31/13 at 1:06pm
Okay then....I will hold off on first impressions for a couple of days....Currently, I am just letting break in for a couple of days - just listening to them every now and then.
One thing I can say is that I am pleased that I still can listen to a wide variety of music through them. I am really happy that I am getting a great seal with at least a couple
of the supplied tips without having to play around with placement...
And thanks guys, that Sakamoto piano piece posted a few days has now been added to my "special" list of meditative music.post #3070 of 40978/31/13 at 2:44pmQuote:
I've noticed significant changes in Heaven IV and VI after 100 hours.
I know BAs aren't supposed to be affected by the burn-in, but my experience is different.post #3071 of 40978/31/13 at 2:55pmWhat they might use here as part of their BAM system is a little interesting and could possibly be prone to dynamic-like burn in, but it's more of a support system, I think.
I haven't counted hours but I don't think I've hit a hundred, so who knows.post #3072 of 40978/31/13 at 7:41pmQuote:
How are the Heaven VI going for you btw? Was it worth the upgrade over the Heaven IV?Quote:
It seems like the drum-like enclosure around the BA for increasing bass response would most likely be stiffer on open box and loosen up after burn in. Bass is what has changed most noticeably for me so I'm guessing it's related to that.post #3073 of 40978/31/13 at 8:16pmQuote:
It's possible. The only thing is that FAD has many different design variations and patents on their BA mechanisms and there's no way, as far as I know, to be sure which one was used on the which model unless someone opens one up.
Take this how you will but I don't notice much significant changes with burn in these days. It used to happen more when I didn't like something about a phone and hoped it would improve tbh. Maybe I just don't care as much as I used to lol.
But on the opposite end of this, I've felt that when I hadn't listened to them for a few days, that they could use a bit of "warming up." I could easily attribute it to my brain or some mechanical phenomenon depending on how I chose to look at it, but it doesn't really matter at the end of the day so I don't sweat it. Post about it if you run into this oddity now that I've planted the seed.
Edited by vwinter - 8/31/13 at 8:26pmpost #3074 of 40978/31/13 at 9:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by music_4321
Thanks for mentioning that album, I did listen to it many years ago.
Okay, here's the thing, and I hope this isn't taken the wrong way. It's a a very nice, likeable album but most of it does nothing to me. There's very good playing and some pretty good ideas, but that's about it. Again, I find this quite often with 'accomplished' musicians who are easily able to come up with nice music—they have the chops—even very nice music that will no doubt please and move many people, and even bring them to tears. R Sakamoto is a very talented musician / artist / person, but his music only reaches to a certain level within me.
"Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence" is a nice track, but just that, a nice track, to me—by itself the track doesn't do much for me. However, "Forbidden Colours" is an entirely different beast to these ears, as it contains elements of real music, genuine creativity—the communion of two artists, a true collaboration, not unlike that of Lennon & McCartney on several / many Beatles songs. I find "Forbidden Colours" far superior musically, the intro itself (the first 35 seconds, and specially the first 15) already hinting at a very different musical adventure: http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/Forbidden+Colours/55g5xs?src=5
Wow, one of my favorite tracks is apparently an arrangement of that song. I almost shed a tear. THANKS!
The already blue chip sparrow stock just went up about a bajillion points in my book.
(I'm finally backtracking through all the pre-approved 160X recommendations)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 10 seconds ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 11 seconds ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 17 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 24 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 33 seconds ago
- › jh audio roxanne vs fitear 335dw 3 minutes ago
- › Frequencies, Hertz-es, Ohm-ses..tired of them ? Visit the FUN... 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Senn HD 558 vs Fidelio X1 vs HiFiMan He 400 5 minutes ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Prestige Series SR60e Headphones by Nada190
- › Stoner Acoustics UD110 V2 by WhiskeyJacks
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)