Yeah it's definitely the E12 that's the problem. I can also hear background noise with the HV and E12, which was surprising since I haven't noticed this with any of my other headphones.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFinal Audio Designtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Adagio Vtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design FAD-BA-SBtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Heaven IVtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Piano Forte IXtagged by System, 7/31/12
- productFitEar TO GO! 334tagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Final Audio Design Heaven IV Last post on 3/1/13 at 11:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 12/8/13 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I purchased the Audio Technica ESW9a. These have African Paduak shells rather than the cherry of the Japanese release. The ESW9a is made in Japan. Physical: First, these are most...
Build Quality & Design The build quality on these isn't so good in the long run, the entire headphone is mostly constructed out of plastic the only metal part on these cans would be the earcups,...
First off my gear is HeadRoom Micro DAC and Amp.(I don't see how people get by without the crossfeed circuit on older rock recordings) Out of the rather cheap box the high-end was brittle and harsh...
Note: All of my listening impressions of the Stax SR-202 were done with a Stax SRM-313 amplifier, which was hooked up to an AMB y2 DAC via the RCA input with SKW JIB braided interconnects. For the...
I will bypass the quality of their sound, as pretty much everyone has covered this topic above me... I have to say, I was not impressed with their cable quality, but apart from this, it seems to...
Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread - Page 205post #3061 of 38928/29/13 at 2:20pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3062 of 38928/30/13 at 6:12pmpost #3063 of 38928/30/13 at 8:03pmpost #3064 of 38928/30/13 at 8:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by radi9red
i have got the piano forte ix ..and compared that with piano forte viii.
Prefer the piano forte ix due to the bighter sound signature - enjoyed that a lot with the govibe porta tube amp for slow vocals and instruments.i also have the FAD fi ba-ss which is another beast althogether ! Both are aluring in their unique ways.
Any guys here tried the piano forte ix and how was that different in sound vs the PF X ? - never came across copper based speakers or earphones so i'm so curious..
IMO piano forte X-G sounds like piano forte VIII
I heard them VIII, IX, and X-G
Ordered the IX because see woodcans's photos and see how beautiful is IX
I canceled the IX and now waiting for my X-G coming (next 2 months) because after see the X-G and knowing that the gold is more beautiful than the IXpost #3065 of 38928/31/13 at 6:17am
Heaven V's arrived!
Only 4 days from Tokyo to Toronto (via Tenso) - WOW!
The quality of the product and packaging is excellent....now starts the burn in process
Can anyone share how many hours it took to allow the earbuds to settle in?post #3066 of 38928/31/13 at 6:23ampost #3067 of 38928/31/13 at 9:34amQuote:
I noticed no significant or even marginal changes tbh.
Your willpower is strong having a shiny new toy arrive literally from the other side of the world and not try it.Quote:
Awesome atmosphere and title. I love the fire that lurks beneath the surface.post #3068 of 38928/31/13 at 10:28amQuote:
Actually I did notice changes after 25 hours, especially in the bass impact and quantity. Maybe it was just brain-in but I was switching around headphones constantly enough that I don't think I got too used to the Heaven V.post #3069 of 38928/31/13 at 1:06pm
Okay then....I will hold off on first impressions for a couple of days....Currently, I am just letting break in for a couple of days - just listening to them every now and then.
One thing I can say is that I am pleased that I still can listen to a wide variety of music through them. I am really happy that I am getting a great seal with at least a couple
of the supplied tips without having to play around with placement...
And thanks guys, that Sakamoto piano piece posted a few days has now been added to my "special" list of meditative music.post #3070 of 38928/31/13 at 2:44pmQuote:
I've noticed significant changes in Heaven IV and VI after 100 hours.
I know BAs aren't supposed to be affected by the burn-in, but my experience is different.post #3071 of 38928/31/13 at 2:55pmWhat they might use here as part of their BAM system is a little interesting and could possibly be prone to dynamic-like burn in, but it's more of a support system, I think.
I haven't counted hours but I don't think I've hit a hundred, so who knows.post #3072 of 38928/31/13 at 7:41pmQuote:
How are the Heaven VI going for you btw? Was it worth the upgrade over the Heaven IV?Quote:
It seems like the drum-like enclosure around the BA for increasing bass response would most likely be stiffer on open box and loosen up after burn in. Bass is what has changed most noticeably for me so I'm guessing it's related to that.post #3073 of 38928/31/13 at 8:16pmQuote:
It's possible. The only thing is that FAD has many different design variations and patents on their BA mechanisms and there's no way, as far as I know, to be sure which one was used on the which model unless someone opens one up.
Take this how you will but I don't notice much significant changes with burn in these days. It used to happen more when I didn't like something about a phone and hoped it would improve tbh. Maybe I just don't care as much as I used to lol.
But on the opposite end of this, I've felt that when I hadn't listened to them for a few days, that they could use a bit of "warming up." I could easily attribute it to my brain or some mechanical phenomenon depending on how I chose to look at it, but it doesn't really matter at the end of the day so I don't sweat it. Post about it if you run into this oddity now that I've planted the seed.
Edited by vwinter - 8/31/13 at 8:26pmpost #3074 of 38928/31/13 at 9:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by music_4321
Thanks for mentioning that album, I did listen to it many years ago.
Okay, here's the thing, and I hope this isn't taken the wrong way. It's a a very nice, likeable album but most of it does nothing to me. There's very good playing and some pretty good ideas, but that's about it. Again, I find this quite often with 'accomplished' musicians who are easily able to come up with nice music—they have the chops—even very nice music that will no doubt please and move many people, and even bring them to tears. R Sakamoto is a very talented musician / artist / person, but his music only reaches to a certain level within me.
"Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence" is a nice track, but just that, a nice track, to me—by itself the track doesn't do much for me. However, "Forbidden Colours" is an entirely different beast to these ears, as it contains elements of real music, genuine creativity—the communion of two artists, a true collaboration, not unlike that of Lennon & McCartney on several / many Beatles songs. I find "Forbidden Colours" far superior musically, the intro itself (the first 35 seconds, and specially the first 15) already hinting at a very different musical adventure: http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/Forbidden+Colours/55g5xs?src=5
Wow, one of my favorite tracks is apparently an arrangement of that song. I almost shed a tear. THANKS!
The already blue chip sparrow stock just went up about a bajillion points in my book.
(I'm finally backtracking through all the pre-approved 160X recommendations)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 13 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 58 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Urgent!! Sennheiser Momentum or Nocs NS900? 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › PRESS RELEASE: Bang & Olufsen announces BeoPlay H3 and H6 headphones 5 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › PX100-II Review | Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought 10 minutes ago
- › Best closed headphones for office use? (long list!) 18 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphones by bjmr
- › Sony X Headphones MDR-X10 by DigitalGrounder
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by chrismini
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by Head-Head
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by G2F
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude