- 3,769 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Location: Sussex, U.K
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFinal Audio Designtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Adagio Vtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design FAD-BA-SBtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Heaven IVtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Piano Forte IXtagged by System, 7/31/12
- productFitEar TO GO! 334tagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Final Audio Design Heaven IV Last post on 3/1/13 at 11:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 12/8/13 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread - Page 186post #2776 of 39337/27/13 at 12:11amI will be getting more fad one day
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2777 of 39337/27/13 at 3:12amQuote:
You have to actually get the one with internal mods as well, it's much better!post #2778 of 39337/28/13 at 3:48amQuote:Originally Posted by ianmedium
I can't wait for Autumn to arrive!
It is to hot here so I have to have my windows open all the time for ventilation, I live on a busy and noisy road, it is impossible to enjoy all the joys of my PF's with all this background noise so reluctantly I have put them in their case until it cools off enough to have my windows shut again!
Anyone else have this problem? I am going into withdrawal!
You might try using a couple of party hats!
Mikepost #2779 of 39337/28/13 at 11:46ampost #2780 of 39337/28/13 at 9:32pm
Well, I am travelling in asia during the moment and grabbed a pair of pf viiis for myself.
It's one unique piece of instrument for sure. I haven't seen/heard anything quite like it before.
They aren't quite the detail monsters but they do have some of the best soundstage and imaging I have heard on iems. I find them pretty unforgiving on poorly recorded materials but I don't know if they are just unforgiving or that the unique sound signature just doesn't cope with certain songs. However listening to Pink Floyd's Echoes and Wish You Were Here sounds great, the guitars are very thick and the imaging is phenomenal.
Build quality is great, the finish looks very gorgeous. The whole line looks like they are designed more for the eyes than the ears. The cable on the other hand, does not look very durable and is a concern for me; the thin and weak design makes me think they are going to snap anytime now especially when there is a heavy earpiece dangling on the other end.
I'm asking if anyone can recommend me some songs or genres that goes well with the viiis?
airopost #2781 of 39337/28/13 at 10:18pmQuote:
Just browse this thread, lots of music recommendations for the PFs.post #2782 of 39337/28/13 at 10:30pmpost #2783 of 39337/28/13 at 10:48pmpost #2784 of 39337/29/13 at 5:46ampost #2785 of 39337/29/13 at 7:32am
So, our sometimes impatient grumpy sparrow couldn't wait two days to find out what extra goodies Liz Green's album had in store for him (he listened to James' links above four times). So, our favourite and always awfully charming fellow HF'er went ahead and listened to the whole album on Spotify — what a beautifully crafted album: EXCELLENT music, FINE lyrics, and, to top it off, great sonics, too. Ms Green has such a peculiar and absolutely brilliant voice — what a talent! Just over 40 minutes of music (unthinkable these days for a new album / CD release), this is most definitely 40 minutes of quality music — who wants 60-74 mins of mostly mediocre / rubbish / meaningless / empty 'music', or pleeeeenty of filler material?
Thanks again, James!! (Indeed this album is meant to be heard through the 160Xs)post #2786 of 39337/29/13 at 12:19pmQuote:
Hey, glad you like her, I believe she's really something special!
Oh, and btw...post #2787 of 39337/29/13 at 5:57pmpost #2788 of 39337/30/13 at 5:28am
Ian, do yourself a favour and get Liz Green's album.
(Guess Amazon realised how much I was looking forward to getting this album, so they decided to deliver it a day earlier)post #2789 of 39337/30/13 at 5:28ampost #2790 of 39337/30/13 at 6:50am
sonny, please be fast! Can't wait for the Heaven 6 to reach my ears!
Btw, admiring all those wonderful albums over there. Wish they were available here in my place too! Couldn't find the right poison to feed my PF.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
- › MA750,DN1000 or M200 for the road 1 second ago
- › Balanced cables for normal IEMs? 43 seconds ago
- › Which DAC to get for my HD650 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 3 minutes ago
- › = HIFIMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread (pre-orders up!) = 4 minutes ago
- › TDK IE800 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD Master 9 6 minutes ago
- › iFi products Discussion Thread iTUBE will be out soon!! 7 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature... 7 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 9 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob