- 3,193 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Location: Sussex, U.K
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFinal Audio Designtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Adagio Vtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design FAD-BA-SBtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Heaven IVtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Piano Forte IXtagged by System, 7/31/12
- productFitEar TO GO! 334tagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Final Audio Design Heaven IV Last post on 3/1/13 at 11:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 12/8/13 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
To start off I have to clarify that i am not an "Audiophile", nothing about me is audiophile related except the love of music and headphones. So to start this review i'd like to talk about the...
Since the Gamma y2 is a DIY project I'm not going to comment on the build quality as its dependent on the builder. The Sound The sound of the y2 varies on how it was built. Mine is using...
I just thought I'd write up a review on these headphones. They did a bit getting used to, because the reproduction of sound is so clear and even. Like getting used to a pair of studio monitors...
Its cheap, I got my blue ones for 6 dollars, it sounds good consider, and it is very light weight. I do not know why some people insist this pair is better than 50-100 dollar headphones, it's...
Well, i won't make a long review. Having the iPod Nano V6, SansaClip+, SansaClip Fuse, iAudio 6 and a mix of older Sony's, iPod's etc ... I think the best sounding player to me was the iAudio 6....
Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread - Page 186post #2776 of 34917/27/13 at 12:11amI will be getting more fad one day
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2777 of 34917/27/13 at 3:12amQuote:
You have to actually get the one with internal mods as well, it's much better!post #2778 of 34917/28/13 at 3:48amQuote:Originally Posted by ianmedium
I can't wait for Autumn to arrive!
It is to hot here so I have to have my windows open all the time for ventilation, I live on a busy and noisy road, it is impossible to enjoy all the joys of my PF's with all this background noise so reluctantly I have put them in their case until it cools off enough to have my windows shut again!
Anyone else have this problem? I am going into withdrawal!
You might try using a couple of party hats!
Mikepost #2779 of 34917/28/13 at 11:46ampost #2780 of 34917/28/13 at 9:32pm
Well, I am travelling in asia during the moment and grabbed a pair of pf viiis for myself.
It's one unique piece of instrument for sure. I haven't seen/heard anything quite like it before.
They aren't quite the detail monsters but they do have some of the best soundstage and imaging I have heard on iems. I find them pretty unforgiving on poorly recorded materials but I don't know if they are just unforgiving or that the unique sound signature just doesn't cope with certain songs. However listening to Pink Floyd's Echoes and Wish You Were Here sounds great, the guitars are very thick and the imaging is phenomenal.
Build quality is great, the finish looks very gorgeous. The whole line looks like they are designed more for the eyes than the ears. The cable on the other hand, does not look very durable and is a concern for me; the thin and weak design makes me think they are going to snap anytime now especially when there is a heavy earpiece dangling on the other end.
I'm asking if anyone can recommend me some songs or genres that goes well with the viiis?
airopost #2781 of 34917/28/13 at 10:18pmQuote:
Just browse this thread, lots of music recommendations for the PFs.post #2782 of 34917/28/13 at 10:30pmpost #2783 of 34917/28/13 at 10:48pmpost #2784 of 34917/29/13 at 5:46ampost #2785 of 34917/29/13 at 7:32am
So, our sometimes impatient grumpy sparrow couldn't wait two days to find out what extra goodies Liz Green's album had in store for him (he listened to James' links above four times). So, our favourite and always awfully charming fellow HF'er went ahead and listened to the whole album on Spotify — what a beautifully crafted album: EXCELLENT music, FINE lyrics, and, to top it off, great sonics, too. Ms Green has such a peculiar and absolutely brilliant voice — what a talent! Just over 40 minutes of music (unthinkable these days for a new album / CD release), this is most definitely 40 minutes of quality music — who wants 60-74 mins of mostly mediocre / rubbish / meaningless / empty 'music', or pleeeeenty of filler material?
Thanks again, James!! (Indeed this album is meant to be heard through the 160Xs)post #2786 of 34917/29/13 at 12:19pmQuote:
Hey, glad you like her, I believe she's really something special!
Oh, and btw...post #2787 of 34917/29/13 at 5:57pmpost #2788 of 34917/30/13 at 5:28am
Ian, do yourself a favour and get Liz Green's album.
(Guess Amazon realised how much I was looking forward to getting this album, so they decided to deliver it a day earlier)post #2789 of 34917/30/13 at 5:28ampost #2790 of 34917/30/13 at 6:50am
sonny, please be fast! Can't wait for the Heaven 6 to reach my ears!
Btw, admiring all those wonderful albums over there. Wish they were available here in my place too! Couldn't find the right poison to feed my PF.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 second ago
- › Best Headphones under $100 Without an Amp? 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Technica's New Multidriver IEMs: The ATH-IM Series 2 minutes ago
- › Matrix Mini-i Pro Impressions? 2 minutes ago
- › Need a comparison of ATH-CKS55 vs ATH-CKS77 3 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody double/triple hybrid universals announced: UM 2X & 3X... 4 minutes ago
- › Successful people versus Unsuccessful People 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe