Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFinal Audio Designtagged by System, 6/10/12
- productFinal Audio Design Adagio Vtagged by System, 6/10/12
- productFinal Audio Design FAD-BA-SBtagged by System, 6/10/12
- productFinal Audio Design Heaven IVtagged by System, 6/10/12
- productFinal Audio Design Piano Forte IXtagged by System, 7/31/12
- productFitEar TO GO! 334tagged by System, 6/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/10/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Final Audio Design Heaven IV Last post on 3/1/13 at 11:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 5/29/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I started this review with the intention of pointing out the things I don't like about it, but man, there really isn't much I don't love about these. Out of the box they sound very thin and...
It does a good job as a DAC for my starving student amp. Eventually, I will probably upgrade but it works well enough. It is nice that it powers off of USB and doesn't take up tons of space.
The review is based on the stock pads, not based on the upgraded velour pads. The only problem with the sound quality is a weird color in the upper mids, around vocal range. This is due to the...
The 880s don't have a lot of color to themselves. They're light comfortable cans that get the job done. They are a well rounded headphone good for someone who can't quite figure out what kind of...
Bass: solid, balanced and extended with excellent pitch. Can be Stygian and prodigious with the right recordings. Midrange: clear, coherent, tonally complex and saturated. Vocals are rendered with...
Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread - Page 184post #2746 of 34287/22/13 at 9:09pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2747 of 34287/22/13 at 11:37pmpost #2748 of 34287/23/13 at 12:50ampost #2749 of 34287/23/13 at 6:48am
I have been spending the last two days listening to the PF-IX whenever I am at my desk at home.
Been listening to Karen Carpenter this evening and she sounds really quite spectacular on the PF-IX........the tonal purity, smooth, sweet and mellow qualities of her voice is indeed outstanding.
Wonderful listening.....................post #2750 of 34287/23/13 at 7:49amI agree, through my IX's Karens voice is sublime.
I really encourage folks to get some Carpenters music. It is easily dismissed due to it being soft pop but it is not. All the albums were beautifully produced, song writing exceptional and the performance, well for me she has one of the voices of the last century!post #2751 of 34287/23/13 at 8:35amQuote:Originally Posted by james444
Can't seem to find who recommended the Corryells CD (maybe it was in a different thread).
Anyway, thanks to whoever you are, this one's excellent on the FAD 1601s!
Yes, thanks to whomever!! I downloaded the 96/24 version from HDTracks - it's wonderful.
Mikepost #2752 of 34287/23/13 at 7:57pmpost #2753 of 34287/23/13 at 7:59pmpost #2754 of 34287/24/13 at 2:44amQuote:Originally Posted by ianmedium
I agree, through my IX's Karens voice is sublime.
I really encourage folks to get some Carpenters music. It is easily dismissed due to it being soft pop but it is not. All the albums were beautifully produced, song writing exceptional and the performance, well for me she has one of the voices of the last century!
right now i decided to listen to my fad pf viii ( it's hot today, no day for grado g cushions) with the tu-05, The Carpenters are part of my music survival set my c4's internal sd is filled with, thanks for the recommendation!post #2755 of 34287/24/13 at 3:19am
i want to get into the FAD but don't know where to start.
Im getting a K3003 and a Fitear 334 in a couple of days. I love pop, rock, progressive, some electronic and some classical too. Very sensitive to sibilance and can get tired too quickly with too transparent headphones (HD800 for example).
I think the K3003 and 334 are good all rounders and id better take a chance with a very narrow type of presentation like PF's do.
Any ideas on what to start with ? Piano Forte's # ?post #2756 of 34287/24/13 at 5:27am
^ The Piano Fortes will offer you the most drastic / different sound of any of FADs offerings, and it's not guaranteed to be the type of sound you might enjoy (they are nothing like the K3003s or TG334s). However, you might find them equally unique-sounding and perhaps quite addicting like several of us have. The PFs offer absolutely no isolation, fit can be an issue and, on top of that, they have no strain reliefs at the housings.
I strongly suggest you take your time to go over this (now long) thread (you can skip quite a few posts) and see if you can get a better idea what these phones are like. It hasn't always been that easy to describe the PF's very peculiar sonics, but several of us have tried. Sibilance & listening fatigue are not things associated with the PFs, BTW.post #2757 of 34287/24/13 at 8:14pmpost #2758 of 34287/24/13 at 8:46pmpost #2759 of 34287/24/13 at 11:14pmpost #2760 of 34287/25/13 at 7:21amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 36 seconds ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 44 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 1 minute ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 1 minute ago
- › Review & Appreciation: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level... 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 4 minutes ago
- › (Edit: help me choose) Over-ear, inexpensive headphone recs for... 4 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude